PDA

View Full Version : Why CrossDress?

bridget jones
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I've asked myself this several times but yet I still do it.Why do I CrossDress? For me I get a sense of being myself,comfortable. I get to express myself in a way I could'nt in Drab mode.I feel I can express my fellings and emotions on a level I could not imagine while dressed like a man.I am more out going,talkative and at ease.I don't mind the femme traits I show.I sit like a woman,walk like a woman and have hand gestures like a woman while I'm in conversation.This all feels so natural to me while I'm dressed but so wrong when I undress.Do any of you girls feel the same?

Elle1946
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Because that is the way we are and I wouldn't have it any other way. And, yes I have a lot of the same feelings.

msniki48
01-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Bridget,

all these things you say are true...how easily you slip into a female mode....right down to the movements. you are not inhibited to do these things for you see yourself as a woman... you've heard clothes make the man? well the make they woman too, in my eyes. i saw on TV how it was hard for a military man to act as such [ staunch and macho] when placed in a dress and answering to a female in the military...he somehow felt...well , not masculine, and was easily masculinized by the female.

part of this is our socialization, we have been trained all our lives by our parents, guys do guy things....etc.

so yes i am sure you can walk around the house with female gestures when in drab...but i bet you'd have to think about it....but not when you are dressed as a female...it sort of comes natural then...those masculine ties have been broken...

just my thoughts

hugs

msniki48

Kickin' Crosser
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I do it because I can. 'Nuff said. :D

Seriously though, I do it on one hand because of the feel of the various garments and articles on me, I just feel comfortable - many aspects of the word - in the opposite gender's clothes.

Carly D.
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
The reason I cross dress?? I ask myself these types of questions all the time.. when I think what it would be like to explain to anyone why I cross dress the answer is I have no clue.. except possibly to just answer easily as this: I like to wear clothes that feel good to me.. simple..

Tora
Bridget,

It sure does not sound like you should be worried or feeling bad. There are many on this site with similar needs and feelings. Enjoy, find your spot in the world. Who cares if it is "normal", if no one minds, do it. If your wife or SO, has a problem, work it out.

kayesimone
well said Bridget...and an interesting middle world when i an wearing womens pants and shoes and the rest in drab....

Karren H
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Because I'm driven to and really have no other choice...

Tess
01-03-2010, 09:07 PM
After 50 years I guess it is force of habit.

jenna_woods
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
that's a good question, I really can't say why I dress, except I enjoy it and it makes me feel great,

sissystephanie
01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Why do I Crossdress? Because after 70 years of doing it, it feels RIGHT!! I love the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothes on my body and don't ever want to stop!

Karan49
01-03-2010, 09:27 PM
What a question! After 56 years I just know it feels right and I'll go to my grave dressed.

Karan49

sallyjones
01-03-2010, 10:01 PM
it feels like i was supposed to be en femme. natural from the day i was born. i feel better :love:more relaxed en femme.

Tina L.
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Because it just feels so right

shycd1
01-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Why crossdress? Why not? You only live once.

Samantha B L
01-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Dressing is one of lifes greatest pleasures!

Bridget Fitzgerald
01-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Sure why crossdress, why shave? I'm often reading here that it's all attitude that keeps you from being clocked so why bother. Just declare yourself a girl and be happy. LOL

MarcieBflo
01-04-2010, 01:23 AM
WoW . . . . Some girls here have been enjoying the "life" for quite awhile . . . thats so cool . . . long live the queens !!! I dress in fem because . . . . humm, I have no clue . . . I guess just an inner drive, love being pretty (in my own mine, lol) and love just feeling "gurly" . . . .

Jenniferpl
01-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Since quiting is not an option, I am driven to. Also nothing like the feel of satin against the skin or 4" heels.

Nicola2876
01-04-2010, 04:19 AM
I've been doing it for 26 years so it is just a part of who I am. Femme clothes are just great to wear and I have always had a desire to wear them for as long as I can remember. I go shopping with my wife and feel depressed that I can't try things on and buy things for myself.

trisha254
01-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Well that a question , Maybe that why us [Gals] can see the world with so much love when other can not , There maybe a answer somewhere but let enjoy and feel fortunate we are not alone and have found other ways of dealing with live, ????????

Trish

Samantha Girl
01-04-2010, 04:45 AM
... sexiness! :battingeyelashes:

Rianna Humble
01-04-2010, 05:05 AM
I think that the answer to this question for me is changing every day.

A couple of months ago when a GG asked me why I was wearing a skirt, I answered "Because it's comfortable" - I should have given a fuller answer but chickened out.

If she asked me again today, I'd probably try to explain that it is part of me and I feel more normal in a dress or a skirt & top than I do in drab; but I think there's more to it even than that.

Like Bridget, I am more outgoing when dressed than when in drab, I smile more, I find it easier to engage with people and I worry less that they will think badly of me.

I know I don't "pass" because I'm bad with wigs and have a voice like a double bass. But at least when I'm en femme, I feel like a whole person.

Rachaelb64
01-04-2010, 08:59 AM
I've stopped asking that question and now just go with the K.I.S.S. rule :)

It works for me :D

pushpa
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
... sexiness! :battingeyelashes:
... And I feel confortable, pretty and free...:daydreaming:

Rachel05
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Because I like to, it is part of who I am, it makes me feel nice and I don't ever feel the need to stop now, just get better at being Rachel