PDA

View Full Version : Shaving

johnboy23
01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
I hate shaving in the winter because when I get cold and get goose bumps it feels like needles stabbing me legs. After that I get razor bumbs. I wish home waxing was easier and not messy.

heellover
01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Well there's always electronic hair removal,but it is pricey.
There's also the cream type hair remover.No razor burn and seems to take longer to grow back.

I to get the pins in my legs feeling for about half a day after I shave,and I regularly shave every third day(probely could every second day).
If I let my hair grow completely out,after I shave my legs are very smooth and I don't get razor burn,until I shave a day or so later.:Angry3:
Well thats my :2c:

Karren H
01-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Move further south!! I hear Mexico is nice this time of year? :D

ShirleyO
01-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Recently I started shaving my legs and everything from the waste down, yup including the my package area and I love it. Talk about making me feel feminine Wow, besides now I can wear real stockings instead of tights all the time. I do love tights and heels but now that I can wear real stockings its eve better. I may also try the torso next, we'll see, always wanted to try glueing on my girls. I don't think I'll ever quit shaving. It doesn't bother or hurt me.
Shirley

StephanieH
01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I kinda' prefer everything shaved, goosebumps are just part of the experience. As for epilators - YIKES! I have one and will not use it again unless I'm being tortured and people are trying to get military secrets out of me. Not only did it hurt like the blazes, it makes more noise than a 747 taking off and it breaks the hair off so you still have to shave afterward! And I bought an expensive Braun model!

Have fun! :)

Nicole Erin
01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't think the shaving cream makes a difference, but I like to use the gels that foam up

Make sure you are using a good razor like Gillette Venus. Cheap razors are not worth a crap. Replace the cartridge after say 5 or 6 shaves. Don't do like me and replace it every 20 or so shaves. :o (I am cheapskate)

Do not try to shave every day. I shave my legs about once a week, see if you let hair grow out a bit more, it gives the razor something to grab. Shave against the grain

Make sure you are using warm water and your skin is really wet. Don't just splash a bit of cold water on and think that is enough.

Then when done shaving, in the shower make sure and use a good body wash and one of those lather thingys.

Yeah it seems obvious but a good shave can't be rushed or done just 1/2 ass.
Also, in some areas of the legs like the outside or back of the thigh, it seems impossible to get that perfectly smooth like most parts of the leg.

Lady Davida
01-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I love the feeling of being shaved. Only shave in the winter so I can still keep my secret

Amanda Styles
01-06-2010, 01:20 AM
Try running a nice bath and soaking for a while first, make sure the room is nice and toasty as well in the winter months. After your body has acclimated to the temp of the water/room you should not have any goose bumps and be able to shave with no problems. It works for me.
I have never tried waxing and have never had any success with dipiltories.
I actually enjoy shaving (everything but my damn face) .

Vickie_CDTV
01-06-2010, 04:42 PM
You could try a product like "Tend Skin" to help prevent the shaving bumps you get. If the needle/sting sensation is right after you shave, Tend Skin can help with that too, or rub some witch hazel (very inexpensive and readily available) on them. I use the witch hazel to tame the burn/sting on my face after I shave my face and other areas.

Emme
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Unless you have very fine hair. Epilate..take three advil...wait thirty min for it to get in your blood stream and go to work. It only hurts a little and you will get used to it and love t.

Renee_E
01-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Best thing about shaving is a nice soaking bath before hand. Shave your legs just before you get out and you get a great smmoth shave.

CDTracey2U
01-06-2010, 10:21 PM
It may sound odd, but to help prevent razor burn, wipe down with plain alcohol after shaving..no, it doesn't burn. I use to get razor burn real bad before I heard of this trick...now it's just every so often.

Tracey

sherri52
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Try shaving in the shower or tub while the skin is wet and you'll get a good smooth shave

christinek
01-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I have shaved for years, if you are an on again off agin shaver this will be an issue. If you are a regular shaver like me you will not have a problem once you find a regimen. Your hair and skin will abide once the schedule is adhered too. If you are on again off again your skin has to re learn the situation. Red Bumps, Ingrown Hairs, and discomfort are common.