PDA

View Full Version : I have arrived, got "she ed" today

Phyliss
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Grandson is back in school, so I now have time during the day to DRESS. Been way too long since I've been able to. Had to think a bit about putting on the warpaint.
So I decided to wear the skirt and sweater I picked up at Kohls on Saturday. Looked pretty good I thought. Visited with a friend in Portsmouth, who owns a lingerie store. Spent about 2 hours there. Went over to Kittery to see the S.A. s at Dress Barn and appologize for not bringing around the ribbon candy like I normally do at Christmas time. Was rather preoccupied.
As I was leaving to head home, I decided to stop in the Leggs Hanes store and check out what was on sale. Found some gym pants, from Champion, nice spandex material. Style number 115547. There's also a similar one with a purple stripe down each leg. Trouble was they only had that style in large and I was looking for a small.
Now if you're familiar with the Kittery shopping outlets, the Hanes company has two stores at different locations in the area. Remembering to speak softly and slowly I asked the S.A. if the other store had what I was looking for in the size I wanted.
Picked up the phone and spoke to the person at the other store, told them what she was looking for and would they please check. A few seconds go by and the S.A. looks up at me and says they have them. I smile and nod yes I'd like them. S.A. says "Please put them aside for this customer, and she'll be there in a moment to pick them up. I'll have her pay for them here and she can get them there"
I hit the TRIFECTA, 3 fem pronouns used to refer to me in one conversation. All by the same person. GAWD !!! I love it. :D

Went into the other store and mentioned that I was there to pick up some gym pants. Lady behind the counter hands me the bag and says "have a nice day"

NOW I know how it feels, and it feels good!!!

PretzelGirl
01-04-2010, 06:57 PM
<little girl chanting> Somebody is glowing! Somebody is glowing!

I'll bet the snow is melting around you from the warmth. What a nice experience.

5150 Girl
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
it is not my intent to rain on your parade, but, an SA is not going to call you "sir" if you are presenting as feamale. That may cost them the sale. Just the other day I was in the shoe dpt at JC Pennys, and they young man there adressed me as mam atleast 3 times. Ok, he was young so maybe I did pass in his eyes, but latr on that day, after looking in a mirror, I discoverd my mustashe cover could have been better.
The one that really made me happy was about a month and a half ago, I was in a Dr's ofice to pay a bill. I was at the wrong office and it was near closing time for both the place I was at and where I needed to be. The receptionist called the other office, "I have a lady here who needs to come over and pay a bill, will you hold open for her?" Yea, thease people know they're gonna get their money, and don't have to be polite.

Rebecca Jayne
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm so happy that there is some light returning for you dear girl.
What a great time you had and I was happy to read it thanks.

pamela_a
01-05-2010, 01:24 AM
That rocks Phyllis. You deserved all three and then some.

Phyliss
01-05-2010, 04:17 AM
it is not my intent to rain on your parade, but, an SA is not going to call you "sir" if you are presenting as feamale. That may cost them the sale...

I know that, and maybe I didn't really pass but that wasn't the point. The fact that the S.A. didn't miss a beat when on the phone referring to me was what made my day.

Christina Horton
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
I have been mam'ed and miss and her'ed and all that. Once I was at future shop and was looking for .....something I can't remember what now, and the SA I was talking to asked a another SA for help and he said , " we are looking for xxxxx and he ahh she is wanting to know........ Well I was a littler crushed and said. But then I figured that he made an effort to correct himself and tried to be kind to me. This was before I came to not care if I , passed or to worrie about my wide shoulder or before I found out I could wear short shirts.

I look on that as (well he was trying but just slipped a little) and the fact he corrected himself was a plus for him.

I have also been Mam'ed with any hesitation like you got and I loved it. I also find that when out with other TG's or just out with my girl friends Roberta (from this site ) we get mam'ed and lady'ed and girls'ed so much more cuz there trying to be nice and either make a sale or be a nice waitress or waiter for us, Have you girls , ladies , Chicks , Dolls , Babes , Honeys , Women , Darlings , Baby dolls , Tootsies , Sweeties , Loveys , Sexy Bitches , ETC , seen this when out? Of course it would be when your our silly.....I mean how often does that happen when you in your home lol. Silly girl me.

carolinoakland
01-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Phyliss, ribbon candy hmmm, I DO have a sweet tooth that would kill most people... I remember the first time I got Ma'amed, I was walking of air for days... Carol

carolinoakland
01-05-2010, 12:07 PM
And I've since learned that a little cleavage goes a long way to curing people of the wrong pronouns.