PDA

View Full Version : Treated with Respect

Kim_Bitzflick
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Since I have been out of work, I have had more time to be Kim, which has been great.

So yesterday, I went to the bank (as Kim). They know me there & I am friends with one GG there. So I walk in & the male teller sees me & says "Hi Kim!" I filled out the papers & then do my business. We talk about everyday stuff, I tell him about our new air hockey table & the kids, etc. Then I leave.

So today, I had to go back to the bank in male mode. The same teller was there. He talked with me about the table & other stuff as we did the transaction.

He knows Kim & I are the same person, but he still treats me with respect.

It's great to be accepted for yourself.

SherriePall
01-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Good for you, Kim. That's the way it should be all over.

Teri Jean
01-05-2010, 01:45 PM
It is good when that happens. On the first it was my sister's B-Day and we all went out for dinner. Three of the four there had not met Teri and had only known my male side. They all knew I was in transition but had not experianced me yet in person. After the first ten minutes of the jaws on the table and the really discusting drool they pulled them selves together and we had a good night.

Sometimes if there is a mention of a change before you get there there is not the ackwardness of the unexpected. JMHO

Teri

carhill2mn
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes, it is! Being treated as a lady with respect is about as good as it gets!

kimkat
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Glad to hear that. Too bad not everyone treats people with respect.

Kim

Vicki-Z
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to be treated that way everywhere. :)

Vicki :hugs:

melissacd
01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
My experience has been the same, I get treated properly and with respect regardless of what mode they see me in. I think that you all will be surprised by just how un-difficult it is out there once you finally decide to get out there an do it. We create greater fears in our mind than really exist. I felt that fear too at one time but I took a chance and that made all the difference, now I am quite comfortable going out in public en femme or male mode and to places where people know me both ways.

jenna_woods
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
that's great, I am glad for you, wish every place was like that bank

Kim_Bitzflick
01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to be treated that way everywhere. :)

Vicki :hugs:

:iagree: 100%. So far, all my experiences have been mostly positive. You will get the occasional A#$hole, but in general, people are pretty decent.

Shadeauxmarie
01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
You really should drop a line to the bank manager. Tell them how pleased you are with (insert the teller's name) professionalism. Tell them this is one reason you continue to do business with them.

Unsolicited compliments like these go a long way during a person's annual review. I know from past experience.

Kim_Bitzflick
01-06-2010, 05:57 PM
You really should drop a line to the bank manager. Tell them how pleased you are with (insert the teller's name) professionalism. Tell them this is one reason you continue to do business with them.

Unsolicited compliments like these go a long way during a person's annual review. I know from past experience.

That's a good idea. I'm friends with the manager (she actually enjoys sitting & talking with me). I know she would appreciate the input. Thanks.

ArleneRaquel
02-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Kim - A great story. :hugs: r e

Jennifer Lynndon
02-05-2010, 11:57 PM
That's a good idea. I'm friends with the manager (she actually enjoys sitting & talking with me). I know she would appreciate the input. Thanks.

You might also see if there's a way you can send a message to the manager's boss. Their boss may be in another state, but properly complimenting great customer service is always a good idea.
It sounds like you have a great set-up there in SC!

I'm very excited for you and a bit envious! :)
I have not experienced such a high level of customer service in the southern California area ... :sad:

Bree-asaurus
02-06-2010, 02:11 AM

I have to second that. I'm glad you have experiences like these and am happy for you. I think making a call to management to comment on the teller's performance (even if you don't mention why) would be a nice thing to do and will most definitely benefit him, which he deserves for not being ignorant ;-)