PDA

View Full Version : SRS and insurance

Teri Jean
01-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi girls and boys,

Lately things have finally been going good for me as I transition, not that the process has been flawed. I found that during conversations and therapy a couple of my sisters have, is and going to have their surgeries this year. That got me thinking about where I am and what I want. Personally, three years ago this was not really on the radar but the idea of being a female was.
:daydreaming:
So with dear friends progressing along their paths it got me thinking if this is also part of my journey then I need to figure out what and how am I going to afford this expense, and that is a large expense. So I went to the source and found out it is covered. How much is to be seen but if it is the usual 80-20%, I can handle that and not break the bank.:)
So here is the point, if one is thinking that they want to transition and do it under the table so to speak they need to think about the costs of not seeing a gender therapist. For me it may save me in excess of 30K and I am looked after to be sure I get the best care.

Happy New Year, mine is starting that way. Teri

pamela_a
01-05-2010, 01:50 PM
That rocks sis. I'm so very happy for you.

-Pam-

Faith_G
01-05-2010, 05:21 PM
That's so cool! You have awesome insurance! :D

CharleneT
01-05-2010, 06:02 PM
W O W !

Do they need an under-employed photog in Iowa ????

Congratulations ! I hope that soon more insurance companies will realize the coverage isn't that big a deal and makes for very loyal employee's ;-)

SusanMarie
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Awesome news...the frozen north just got a little warmer.
:)

Teri Jean
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes the north country may be cold in the winter but they have a warm heart. Okay that is enough sales, LOL, I do know that the best my insurance is going to do is a 80/20 split but if they pay 80% of $30K I will be a happy girl.

Teri

melimelo
01-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Wow, Teri! I'm very happy for you! And a smidge jealous... :rasp: The good news is that you'll have more money to shop! :devil:

Take care,