PDA

View Full Version : Lifes Simple Pleasures

SuzanneBender
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I just read a poll from Cosmo about what women consider life's simple pleasures. I found it interesting that many of them were non-gender specific. #1 was a good night's sleep #50 was popping bubble wrap.

Some of them were very gender specific makeovers, shopping, fitting back into your dream jeans etc.

My top simple pleasure is taking a nap on the couch with my kids followed very closely by shopping en femme and a full blown pedi. Popping bubble wrap and crossdressers.com would also have to rank awful high on the list. :heehee:

Are your simple pleasures male or female and what are they?

sonia_dargency
01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Sleeping well is definitely my #1 simple pleasure - it is in fact something I try to accomplish as often as possible - closely followed by a sense of harmonious energy flow in my body and mind (yoga almost every morning)

not feeling anger anymore.

this forum, lipstick and pantyhose are also high ranking.

looking at animals living their lives - a tea a perfect temperature

my wife being happy is a great soothing moment

Sonia

Stephanie Miller
01-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I would have to venture a guess that mine would be the times my make-up goes on without a hitch when I'm in a rush. :c9:

Of course with a face like mine I have to use so much make-up I'm ALWAYS in a rush! :doh:

sara_also
01-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I believe that my most simple pleasure is when I see my wonderful wife smile and be happy.

VeronicaMoonlit
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I just read a poll from Cosmo about what women consider life's simple pleasures. I found it interesting that many of them were non-gender specific. #1 was a good night's sleep #50 was popping bubble wrap.

Cosmo! Tee hee! You are such "a girl". And only members of the "tribe" call it Cosmo. :-) For those who don't read women's magazines, Cosmo is short for "Cosmopolitan", a fashion/beauty/relationship magazine aimed at 20-somethings these days.

Some of them were very gender specific makeovers, shopping, fitting back into your dream jeans etc.

Yep.

My top simple pleasure is taking a nap on the couch with my kids followed very closely by shopping en femme and a full blown pedi. Popping bubble wrap and crossdressers.com would also have to rank awful high on the list. :heehee:

Mani-pedi's are wonderful, especially if you go for the full spa mani-pedi. And bubblewrap is awesome and I do obsessively pop it when I have some.

Veronica Rogers

carhill2mn
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I have said for many years that virtually everything that I enjoy doing, I could do just as well en femme. In fact, right now, I ca't think of anything that would be gender specific.

minalost
01-05-2010, 05:52 PM
In no order:
A vacation someplace sunny with my lovely wife - Sigh :love:.
A day off to dress - swish :daydreaming:.

Nine days, an open road, and two wheels to explore it with - vroom :devil:.

A good nights sleep is high on the list, but not something I'd "wish for."
:hugs:

Samantha43
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
A warm bubble bath on a cold Winter night. I find that totally relaxing.

Kathi Lake
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
For a tie, I would say that that contented smile that my wife and I get when the makeup and hair is done and everything just turns out right would be number one - for me because it is a rare occurance, and for my wife because anytime I see her smile at herself - with her low self-esteem - is a good thing.

Second would probably be shopping. Vain and useless, I know. But consarnit and gosh durn it all! It's fun!!

Third, snuggling with my kids and cats after church in a big pile on top of the bed.

Bubble wrap? Eh. :)

Realizing that I actually have the lack of mental faculty to allow myself to go around dressed as I do - that brings a smile to my face.

Life, in general.

Kathi

SuzanneBender
01-05-2010, 07:18 PM
I am actually writting some of these in my Franklin Planner! Its becoming my I amstressed and I want to do something simple and pleasurable list. Keep the ideas coming girls. I am sure our list will top the GGs list.

I also think we have discovered how to bring about world peace - Lock everyone in a room and give them bubble wrap to play with.

closely followed by a sense of harmonious energy flow in my body and mind (yoga almost every morning)

Sonia one of my resolutions (none of which I have actioned yet) is to enroll in a yoga class!

I would have to venture a guess that mine would be the times my make-up goes on without a hitch when I'm in a rush. :c9:

Of course with a face like mine I have to use so much make-up I'm ALWAYS in a rush! :doh:

Psshaaa girl you look like one of those gals that can throw her makeup on in five minutes and look fab. In my case it takes at least five minutes to break our the paint sprayer and spatulas.

I believe that my most simple pleasure is when I see my wonderful wife smile and be happy. Always a good one, but I find it to simply be a pleasure if she is not scowling at me with a raised eyebrow. I have to be a challenge to live with.

And only members of the "tribe" call it Cosmo. :-) For those who don't read women's magazines, Cosmo is short for "Cosmopolitan", a fashion/beauty/relationship magazine aimed at 20-somethings these days.

Veronica I will share my bubble wrap with you. Its so therapuetic. Cosmo is not just for 20 somethings anymore I have been reading it for two decades. I think the name of our tribe is the Cosmohicans.

In no order:
A day off to dress - swish :daydreaming:.

Nine days, an open road, and two wheels to explore it with - vroom :devil:.

Mina you are so smart I never thought of the day of to just dress. I need to find a spot in the top three for that one.

The bike used to be one of my top ten, but the wind and the sun are so bad on my complexion. I replaced mine with a convertable bug.

A warm bubble bath on a cold Winter night. I find that totally relaxing.

Samantha perfect idea and what I am going to do tonight. I am going to buy some Bubble Bath, no not bubble wrap Veronica, when I go to Ulta tonight and relax when I get back to the hotel room.

For a tie, I would say that that contented smile that my wife and I get when the makeup and hair is done and everything just turns out right would be number one - for me because it is a rare occurance, and for my wife because anytime I see her smile at herself - with her low self-esteem - is a good thing.

Second would probably be shopping. Vain and useless, I know. But consarnit and gosh durn it all! It's fun!!

Third, snuggling with my kids and cats after church in a big pile on top of the bed.

Kathi

I really don't have a comment. Your post is Kathi Lake. Wonderful dad, committed hubby, fabulous woman and a shopping machine!

Kate Simmons
01-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Traversing the Multiverse...oh wait, you said simple. Well, performing as my femme self I guess. That's not only simple but a helluva lotta fun also.:heehee:

sherri52
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Getting dressed and having a beautiful women do my makeup at the same time is the only pleasure I need.

jenna_woods
01-05-2010, 07:31 PM
my pleasure is shopping dressed wow

docrobbysherry
01-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Getting rid of this extra 8 to 10, I put on during the holidays!:sad:

Rebecca Jackson
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Taking a nice long soak in a hot bath is near the top of my list, especially on a cold night like this!

christinek
01-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I love a soak in the glamor tub with bath crystals. Turn the jets on and just enjoy. I do not like to shave in the tub as the hair floats in the water, that is an shower function. :battingeyelashes:

Teri Jean
01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm going with Samantha in the hot bubble bath followed by a good nights sleep. Is there room for a glass of wine or snifter of brandy? Yesssssss.

Huggs Teri

kellycan27
01-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Walking through the mall with my b/f....holding hands. Brushing my hair, sitting on my patio with a hot cup of tea and reflecting.
I almost forgot..... riding my Harley like I stole it! lol

Kel

NathalieX66
01-05-2010, 09:49 PM
^^
^^
^^
^^
Now that's a happy person! Wish you well, Kel:)

As ofr me something as mundane and a bowl of popcorn and a glass of red wine would make me content under any circumstance......oh, and about 8 hours or more of sleep every night.

Leslie Langford
01-05-2010, 10:17 PM
...finally capturing that elusive booger, the ability to belch on command, being able to wear the same pair of socks for two weeks straight without anyone complaining about it, as well as the ability write your name in the snow when peeing outdoors in the winter didn't make it onto Cosmo's list...:doh:

Of course, for us older CDers, the peeing your name in the snow part is so much easier when you can use a stencil :D.

SuzanneBender
01-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Getting rid of this extra 8 to 10, I put on during the holidays!:sad:

Stepping on the scale and seeing that it has come off! That is truely a pleasure.

Taking a nice long soak in a hot bath is near the top of my list, especially on a cold night like this!

I love a soak in the glamor tub with bath crystals. Turn the jets on and just enjoy. I do not like to shave in the tub as the hair floats in the water, that is an shower function. :battingeyelashes:

I'm going with Samantha in the hot bubble bath followed by a good nights sleep. Is there room for a glass of wine or snifter of brandy? Yesssssss.

Huggs Teri

Heading for the Bathtub as soon as I finish this post. My hotel tub is not a glamour tub like Christines, but Rebecca is right its a cold night and will feel perfect. Teri I wish I had a glass of wine to go with my soak in the tub. I do have some wonderful vanilla bath salts though.

Walking through the mall with my b/f....holding hands. Brushing my hair, sitting on my patio with a hot cup of tea and reflecting.

Kelly your boyfriend is soo lucky and sitting on the patio sipping tea watching the sunrise or sunset sounds perfect.

As ofr me something as mundane and a bowl of popcorn and a glass of red wine would make me content under any circumstance....... Popcorn and wine the only thing missing is curling up on the couch with a romantic movie.

...finally capturing that elusive booger, the ability to belch on command, being able to wear the same pair of socks for two weeks straight without anyone complaining about it, as well as the ability write your name in the snow when peeing outdoors in the winter didn't make it onto Cosmo's list...:doh:

Hmmm let me check Nope Leslie for some reason none of those made it.

lavistaa62
01-05-2010, 11:26 PM
- A glass full of beer at the end of the day- even better one with my bro.
- A nap, just 20min or so, during the day
- Lighting the wood stove when it's cold outside

suchacutie
01-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Sitting in my overstuffed leather chair, glass of wine on the table next to me, Beethoven Violin Concerto on the stereo, the feel of my heels on the floor, stockings smooth on my legs, the color of my fingernails flashing as I crochet, talking to my lovely and wonderful girlfriend who is sitting in the chair next to me!

:)

tina

theresa
01-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Finding an incredible looking item in my size that is the last one left on the 80% discount rack.

Frédérique
01-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Are your simple pleasures male or female and what are they?

Putting on a skirt or a dress
This never fails to please me – I can change my mood simply by dressing. The movement of the garment has a lot to do with the pleasure I feel…:battingeyelashes:

Watching something blow in the wind
And if the sun is shining, all the better! This relates to my artwork and is gender-unspecific in nature…:shush:

Being at a concert
Seeing a group or performer I’ve “followed” for years in person is very moving for some reason. Not the simplest pleasure, to be sure, but a rare occasion for me…

Receiving or sending a PM
It’s just wonderful to unexpectedly hear from someone. I like to send better than receive, but one feeds off of the other…:)

Looking at images
Any images. This is my lifelong, ongoing passion…

Since I’m integrated in regards to gender, I can’t really separate things into “male” or “female.” This may be the greatest pleasure of all...

Angie G
01-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Being able to dress as often as I do.
Playing with my grandkids.
Just being with my wife.
Spending time with my son in the outdoors.
Driving me 89 firebird.
And summer.:hugs:
Angie

Stitch
01-06-2010, 03:58 AM
I'm going to agree with many of the other gals here.

There is nothing quite like a long hot bath.. with Bubbles!! Lots and lots of bubbles, and perhaps a book and a drink. Now I don't actually drink alcohol so a J2O does just fine for me.

Rainbows always make me happy. There is something just so amazing and simply beautiful about them.

Being greeted by your pets. Coming home from work to a bouncy little dog. Or being met with expectant little faces when you go to feed your guinea pigs. Adorable!

Raychel
01-06-2010, 06:48 AM
For me it would be
Crossdressers.com
Shopping trips with my wife
afternoon naps
Anythime that I get to for Raychel.
fun times with the kids.

Not necessarily in that order.
:2c:

Sara Jessica
01-06-2010, 09:37 AM
The adoration from my wife after so many years along with experiencing the unconditional love from my kids. Those are tops on my list regardless of the gender issues I contend with every day.

Within the gender experience though, I'd have to say my simple pleasures are those moments of being where I have found myself transcending the tg experience. Happiness, friendships, even walking in the rain or simply taking in the sights and sounds of life without having the tg thing even entering my mind.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
For both modes a nice good back scratch from the wife will leave me purring like a kitten.

For fem mode going down a size in clothing.

Cathytg
01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh, yes. Popping bubble wrap is a blast.

I like to sit by a stream and just watch and daydream.

Anything my wife cooks or bakes is a pleasure though it may not be simple.

And then there is the sheer joy of taking a 15 minute nap here in my chair.

Tess
01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
A full nights sleep is a good one, but hardly a simple accomplishment the older I get. For me it is a good cup of coffee along with reading the morning paper. A morning walk on a crisp sunny day. The nice fatigue that comes from swimming a mile or so of laps. Being anywhere on a cruise ship. Oh yes, and wearing anything feminine.

Loni
01-06-2010, 09:10 PM
as a truck driver with a sleep problem.

a good full nights sleep is top of the list if not number one.

Stephanie-L
01-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Hmmm, echoing some others on the list,
The perfect cup of fresh coffee, at the perfect temp,
finishing a rewarding week at work to come home to a three day weekend,
driving my Corvette on a nice day with the top off, tunes blastin, and light traffic,
receiving a note from one of the wonderful folks here,
a hug from my daughter when I get home from work,
shopping for Stephanie stuff, in either mode,
finding that book I have been waiting for, and having a whole day undisturbed to read it.

There are others I am sure, just the ones that came off the top of my head...Stephanie

Tina P Hose
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM
My top 5 Life's simple pleasures

5. Reading
4. Cooking a good meal with someone that I love.
3. Drinking...not soda.
2. Crossdressing, shopping for sale items, and all that.
1. Pets.

Wendrme
01-07-2010, 09:11 AM
The simplest of pleasures for me is taking a shower and knowing that there is a bra and girdle lying on the bed for me to put on. I love to tuck a big fluffy pink towel over my breasts, girly fashion, and walk to the bed, let the towel fall on the floor, casually reach for the bra and then my simple day begins.

EllieOPKS
01-07-2010, 12:05 PM
One of my great pleasures is meeting new people. I was born & raised with southern values. One of those values being there is no such thing as a stranger; a smile and a few words can make another persons day.

2b.Lauren
01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Concerts would certainly be at the top for me. Never can see enough bands live.

Money not running out before the end of the month (Since I only get paid once a month) which really is not so simple

I do love a hot bath, and a nice nap.

Listening to my Ipod without interruption

Getting to dress more often (which is also not so simple)