PDA

View Full Version : Renee is Back!

ReneeT
01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, It has been a long year - my longest purge yet! True to form, though, Renee has returned for a visit. I am sick about all the great clothes i got rid of!! When will I ever learn?????

Tomara
01-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi Renee
Welcome back , sorry to hear that you purged all of your things , next time you get that urge find a safe place to store it all it is a lot less expensive and you will still have all of your favorites.
I have purged several times too and always regretted it when the urge came back , no more purging for me.
Glad to have you back.
Tomara

boardpuppy
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi Renee,
I have read and all the girls here say not to purge but hide all your fem things away for when the urge returns. Of course, I'm told when it returns it will be with a vengences. For myself, when the Pink Fog circules me, there is not fighting the urge. Welcome back.

Huggs,
Alice

sara_also
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Purging is a learning expierience..Hope you have learned it well..

renee k
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi Renee,

Welcome back to the forum, I'm looking forward to yuour pictures and posts.

Huggs, Renee K

Kayla Shadows
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Welcome back :) Over the years I've thrown out some things I wish I didn't either.I know for some the feelings come and go so its hard to know whats going on.Others I know have tried to run from it.One day we realize that no matter how far we run we're not going to get away from ourselves.

ReneeT
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks, girls! It is good to be back. I sure do miss my wardrobe! Oh well - they are only clothes (and shoes, and makeup, and jewelry, and. . (sob,sob):doh:

carhill2mn
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
It is too bad that "you had to find out the hard way". I once heard a GG tell a CD that she would keep her wardrobe for her so that when the CD urge returned she would not have disposed of all of her fem things. The "return" is nearly a certainty.

Sherry-Stephanie
01-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Hey girl....glad to see u back...and when you make it to Nashville the next time I will get to meet up with you and we'll be dressed....

Give me a hollar and we'll catch up...if you go up to Chic Wigs again, let me know....OK?

Kate Simmons
01-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Well, It has been a long year - my longest purge yet! True to form, though, Renee has returned for a visit. I am sick about all the great clothes i got rid of!! When will I ever learn?????Welcome back my friend. The answer to your question though is that you will learn when you make it a choice rather than a compulsion.:)

jenna_woods
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
great to have you back, no I don't think we ever learn, I did the same 2 and it only lasted a month each time now I accept it.

sherri52
01-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Renee: Glad to have you back.

docrobbysherry
01-05-2010, 07:32 PM
You get to go SHOPPING! And SHOPPING! And SHOPPING some more!:D

angelinamillar
01-05-2010, 07:38 PM
All together now ' I must not purge, I must not purge' :) We have all learnt the hard way hunny. Done it myself last year and Angelina just came back with lots of regrets of clothes she dumped :( nnnnoooooooo never again. Now let this be a lesson to you ;) and 2 us all :itsok:

Hugs,

Angelina x

RachelB.
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Welcome Back Renee

SuzanneBender
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Welcome back! Don't look at it as a purge. Look at it as cleaning out your wardrobe and waiting for the new spring line to come out. Everything you tossed was last year's styles anyway....Hmmmmm feel better girl. Now get your tail out there and start rebuilding that wardrobe and stimulating the economy. This was more than a purge it was your patriotic duty.:hugs:

Vicki-Z
01-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Welcome back Renee. We all hate purges. We never learn.

Vicki :hugs:

dennisGTS
01-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Renee,
I see you're from Chatt. (or maybe just living there cause of your job?) My wife and I were just down there this Christmas visiting family. My wife's from Ooltewah. I love Chattanooga; thinking about retiring there after the Army.

I've purged once a while back, just before I got married, and I regretted it since. I don't think I'll ever purge again!

Michelle Lynn A
01-06-2010, 02:17 AM
I have purged twice in the last 30 years learned my lesson 10 years ago and have not purged since Now I have a great collection of lovely clothes and would not give the,m up for any reason Hugs

Phoebe Reece
01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Welcome back Renee. Let me know when you are coming to Atlanta again. Maybe we can go out together.

NicoleScott
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I hope you still have your hair (wig?). I love it.

charlie
01-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Hello Renee!
I guess I should say I'm sorry that your purge and quitting did not work out the way you wanted. It appears that this CD stuff is with us for life. I hope that you can make the most of it and become complete with both of your male and female sides. I have quit at least three times....one time lasting 12 years. Good Luck and welcome back to your friends here at the forum.

frisbee_girl
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Intersting.....

I'm new to the forum and starting to explore this whole CD 'urge' I have. This is the first I have heard of 'purging'. But I immediately know what you're talking about.

I like what Denise Rhodes said "when it's your choice and not a compulsion".

Hmmm......

TommiTN
01-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Hi, Renee! So glad to see you back "home"! We've all missed you. PM or email me, maybe we can arrange a GNO soon!

:hugs:

Tommi

Aprilnylons
02-26-2010, 04:00 PM
The crossdressing urge never goes away...in fact it only seems to grow stronger with time. I started when I was 5 years old with pantyhose and never looked back. Yes, I have purged as well, but always regretted it and learned my lesson a long time ago. No more purging for me. I embrace my femme side as often as possible.

Carly D.
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Monday was a close call for me.. I came really close to "purging" a lot of my clothes... February is the worst month for me.. Last year I nearly did the same exact thing as this year, came close to tossing everything, or a lot of stuff.. I know from experience that throwing everything away is a huge no no... In high school I threw all my pantyhose away (the only clothing I had then... ahh the good old days) and a few days later I was suffering withdrawls.. yuckty yuckty yuck... Anyway not the best feeling to have.. I knew that if I can just hold out til Friday that this month would be gone.. Well almost gone.. Hello sun shine..

Amanda Stubbs
02-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Welcome back Renee though we haven't met, I'm Amanda Stubbs from England. Luckily I was in my young teens when I learned the pain of the purge and Ive been a precise as a surgeon about what I bin ever since. Never throw everything out and don't try to give up for anyone there always somewhere you can stash the loft of the house is often a decent place because of the spiders in them!

ReneeT
02-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Amanda,

you learned the lesson early- it took me 35 yrs!

SFRobin
02-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Welcome back Renee. Unfortunately, I know all too well about tossing out favorites in a purge.

Laurie909
02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Well, most of us have purged at one time or another. Anyway, clothes can be replaced. You still have your beauty!

beez1717
03-01-2010, 06:26 AM
I've never perged, but I have thrown out all my crappy guy clothes.

Heh. I think I'd get very upset if I purged.... I'd like get depressed after only a week!

Bethany38
03-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Renee Welcome back,

All I can say is experience is expensive. :heehee:
I know it's not that funny but it is true. I am sorry you purged you stuff. I have done this before but will never again.

TxKimberly
03-01-2010, 07:27 AM
I think the very vast majority of us have gone through it at least once. I had my longest purge right before I joined this forum when I went almost three years. The irony is, when I came back to CDing I came back with a vengeance!

ReneeT
03-01-2010, 08:30 AM
I think the very vast majority of us have gone through it at least once. I had my longest purge right before I joined this forum when I went almost three years. The irony is, when I came back to CDing I came back with a vengeance!

I have had the same experience. It seems the longer the abstinence, the more intense the "rebound". I also find that I am more comfortable with myself each time.

renneeists
03-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I purged a few times also. Actually still purged.Now I'm hanging out here again. I've noticed, it seems to happen after/during an emotional time in my life. As in woman problems. Which explains why I'm here again.
No I don't think I'll tell this wife. But if I wind up single again, with any money left, instead of sleeping in the car for a year. I will definatly restock my wardrobe, and do a better job of meeting other girls like me.
I think I need to explore my fem side better, decide who I am, and why.
I'm 59 now and just so confused

Lynn Marie
03-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I think I've purged twice. Now I know that the feeling will pass and just wait it out. Sometimes I get tired of dressing, and sure enough after a few days it's back. I do love a nice wardrobe and it takes quiter a while to assemble one.

Roxi Loh
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
WB Renee, I have never fully purged but have been close a couple of times. Now for sure I wont do it. Thanks for convincing me of that.

kimdl93
03-03-2010, 04:06 PM
It is too bad that "you had to find out the hard way". I once heard a GG tell a CD that she would keep her wardrobe for her so that when the CD urge returned she would not have disposed of all of her fem things. The "return" is nearly a certainty.

This gives me an idea. Maybe we need to start a network of GG's providing a repository for purges. Just think how much money it would save!

TNRobin
03-03-2010, 04:21 PM
A belated welcome back. I purged once for a decade and a half! Never again.

By the way, if you ever get the urge to purge again you can send them my way. I PROMISE to take good care of them.:D

It seems that there are tons of girls here from middle TN. I live in Murfreesboro and my SO lives in Chattanooga, so I'm all over the place and would love to meet up sometime to have a GNO.