PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm New To All This

ShannonAlexandra
01-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Well, sorta. I have been crossdressing since I was about...13? Anyway, I am living on my own now, and since the new year has come, I want to try and live as a girl 24/7. But, I dont have anything! Alright, except for a black knee length skirt, a black camisole, a bra, four pairs of panties, grey stockings, black leggings, and a pair of blue ballet flats. But other then that I've got nothing! But I want to start off this new change in my life by going to a nail salon and getting a pedicure. So can anybody explain to me what it's like exactly (seeing as I've never done it), and some things I should know about pedicures?

Also, what color nail polish should I get for my first time? ;)

Edit: God my typing is awful this late at night. Had to fix a few words.

sherri52
01-05-2010, 10:47 PM
The choice of color depends on you. Do you want everyone to see it and are you going to keep it on for awhile. The beginning of the year is a good time to start a life over but the start of a new job may be better. A mani/pedi is great you get usually a woman cater to your nails. She'll cut, file, polish buff, take care of cutticles if needed. You will definitely feel pampered and want to do it again. I think you should get more clothes if you are going to start living as a woman 24/7. You wouldn't want someone seeing you in the same clothes all the time. Visit your local thrift stores for some good bargains

Nicole Erin
01-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Pedicures are nice. Just make sure your feet are not TOO nasty.
As for color, I recommend a medium or dark shade of purple.

ShannonAlexandra
01-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Of course, I do plan on getting more clothes. That'll be very soon :D
As for the nails, I dont think I want people to see it-- yet. That's why I am only getting a pedi. But as for the colors I'm really not sure what I want. I'm thinking a dark purple.
Edit: Just what I was thinking, Nicole!

LisaM
01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Shannon,

While I want to congratulate you for deciding to go 24/7 (if that is what is right for you) I can't help being worried for you if what you are worried about is how you go about getting a manicure.

I've been there wanting to go 24/7 and getting a manicure wasn't on my mind.

I think most young girls have no idea what to expect when they get there first manicure/pedicure so just go with the flow. Enjoy yourself and communicate with your technician

Nicole Erin
01-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh and if they try to sell you a bottle of nailpolish, if it is OPI, go for it, that stuff is the best. Pricey but it kicks ass, doesn't chip as quick and goes on smooth and easy.

You know with a good pedi they are suppose to -

Remove old polish, trim and file your toenails, file the nasty stuff off your foot, dig the toejam out from under your toenails, soak your feet in a foot bath, use cutile treatement, apply polish if you so desire, and do a foot/calf massage. Not really in THAT order but anyways. Just when you ask what all is included in a pedi.

And seeing how you are going to a salon, trust me, they are not gonna judge or say anything if you are a male and want your toenails painted.

How do I knopw all this s***? I am a cosmetology student. Do they know I am TG? HA! is there any question?

SuzanneBender
01-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Shannon you can get a mani and not get polish. Its a great way to get a jump on growing your nails out.

As for your pedi. Make sure you wash your piggies before you go. They will soak your feet. This gets the nails and cuticles soft for manipulation. Then the will cut the cuticles and nails. File to shape, buff, shine, and my fave massage your feet. Followed by polish and the drying lamp. Its heaven in a chair.

Karren H
01-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Sounds like an outfit to me!! Your just going to have to do the laundry every night is all...