PDA

View Full Version : having more feminine facial expression

christine55
01-06-2010, 03:09 AM
when I am sitting relaxing my face assumes it natural at rest expression. Mine has always been a sad sack pour combined with a long chin looks terrible.
I have a camera that can take interval exposures, say one image every 5 minutes. Let it see as I forget about. That way I can practice maintaining a more pleasing expession. I am much happier when in girl mode, it kind of helps if a just relax my face and kind of half smile.
Hugs Christine

Stitch
01-06-2010, 03:50 AM
when I am sitting relaxing my face assumes it natural at rest expression. Mine has always been a sad sack pour combined with a long chin looks terrible.
I have a camera that can take interval exposures, say one image every 5 minutes. Let it see as I forget about. That way I can practice maintaining a more pleasing expession. I am much happier when in girl mode, it kind of helps if a just relax my face and kind of half smile.
Hugs Christine

I don't really think there is anything as a "femme expression" after all do we not all feel the same emotion's regardless of gender. But I can understand wanting to have a more pleasant expression when we are relaxed or neutral.

The trouble with adjusting your relaxed expression, is that when we smile we are using a lot of our muscles and so the face isn't relaxed at all. I think its important to let your face muscles have that time to just relax every now and again. Perhaps you could just try smiling more often, rather than trying to change your resting expression.

My relaxed face makes people worry if I'm okay. It looks rather blank and angry apparently, but I'm a very smiley person as a whole so people don't really pay that much attention.

christine55
01-06-2010, 03:59 AM
With a change in temperament you could kind of train those muscles to adjust to a different mood.
Like for example, a person who is angry a lot of the time looks angry even when he is not angry or a person who is sad most of the time still has a sad expression when he is not particularly sad.
The face learns these expression from much use.
I am kind of hoping a happier attitude can in time default to a more pleasing expression and maybe I can help that process along consciously trying for a better look.
Hugs Christine

Karren H
01-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Personally I'm happy all the time, independent of the clothing I wear...... but I know women who look like they have permanent PMS and others that were born with a smile on their face.. Guess it depends on the shape of your face and whether your mouth is naturally down turned of up... Eye placement.

Nicole Erin
01-06-2010, 09:26 AM
One indicator of natural facve expression is when one sleeps.
Maybe not always but it seems some folks, even in their sleep, have the natural expression like a slight smile or whatever...

Unless you are having a wet dream then you might be making the "O" face.

suchacutie
01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
For me, the one thing that stands out as a major gender difference is the smile that almost all women have, and the one that Karren has in all her avatars :)! I have to admit I'm having such trouble learning how to smile! Sheesh, such little things that make such a difference!

tina

dilane
01-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Some years ago, I decided that I'd wear a more cheerful expression on my face. When I was younger, I thought a slight furrowed scowl was the way to go. Nowadays, I generally have a half-smile on my face.

How many times have I read here about members who really have to think about and work on their smiles? Smiling is natural, but I think male-programming beats it out of some of us somehow.

I think the notion that if you act happier, you will be, is generally true. And since I like to be around cheerful people, I thought it would be a good idea to be more upbeat myself.

Regarding how women wear their faces, there is a huge male-female difference in expressiveness. Eye movement is *way* different, both when speaking, and when just doing things. The head is much more mobile. And the typical femme smile is different from the typical (and rarer) male smile. It really is like night and day how much more expressive women's faces are while talking and interacting.

I often notice that the pictures posted here of our t-girl members often look pretty good, but a male expression or a strangled smile spoils the effect.

Hope
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Some years ago, I decided that I'd wear a more cheerful expression on my face. When I was younger, I thought a slight furrowed scowl was the way to go. Nowadays, I generally have a half-smile on my face.

How many times have I read here about members who really have to think about and work on their smiles? Smiling is natural, but I think male-programming beats it out of some of us somehow.

I think the notion that if you act happier, you will be, is generally true. And since I like to be around cheerful people, I thought it would be a good idea to be more upbeat myself.

Regarding how women wear their faces, there is a huge male-female difference in expressiveness. Eye movement is *way* different, both when speaking, and when just doing things. The head is much more mobile. And the typical femme smile is different from the typical (and rarer) male smile. It really is like night and day how much more expressive women's faces are while talking and interacting.

I often notice that the pictures posted here of our t-girl members often look pretty good, but a male expression or a strangled smile spoils the effect.

It sounds ridiculous - but it is absolutely true - including the parts about tricking yourself into being happier, and about happiness being contagious.

sherri52
01-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Christine: I have seen your face and it isn't as long as you make it out to be. You have a very pleasing face especially when you smile.:love:

victoriamwilliams1
01-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I believe there is some validity to this. I find that my expressions en-fem are different then en-drab. I do know I am more relaxed and what is more interesting is when dress I see I have some nice cheeks:) maybe it is coming from all that smiling in over 2000+ photos I take a year:)

NathalieX66
01-06-2010, 10:34 PM
One way to get a better femme expression is to trim those eyebrows so you don't have that Richard Nixon scowl.
Pluck 'em all out and pencil in a higher arched eybrow, I say!....that' way you'll always look optimistic. :o

cindychan
01-06-2010, 11:49 PM
I normaly pucker up and do a half smile for my stuff. It seems to do the job and reduce my chin/jaw size. Also stretch you neck out while posing and do femme guestures with your hands. Birds eye/ 2/4 Camera position really helps as well.I look like a monster in male mode but those little changes help make me more femme.:gorgeous: