PDA

View Full Version : Complexities of crossdressing!

emmicd
08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
It is very hard to dress on a consistent basis though the desire may seems to always be there. During the week It is easier to handle because of the normal work routine. You immerse yourself in your work so you don't think about it.

When your married with family or involved in a relationship you are making strides in growing in your relationship with your wife/gf and children if you have a family. They are your priority. So you exercise restraint in your dressing.

But slowly the dressing can seem to take on a life of its own and you need to integrate it without trying to disrupt your personal life, your loved ones and your work life.

How are you handling your need to dress and balancing it with all your responsibilities?

Can you be happy if you go long stretches without dressing knowing you are fulfilled in the more important aspects of your life as indicated above?

Emmi

Toyah
08-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Not really a problem for me, can go into guy mode for a few months without any probs, tend to dress when stress gets too much.

Angela Burke
08-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Family first!

Always!

Love Angela XX

evelyn_tgirl
08-03-2005, 06:39 PM
i have to second Angela's comments, i've had some family commitments lately that have put the skirts and dresses and makeup in the closet more often than not ... i guess thats the ups and downs of life. It can be tougher if you are feeling "forced" to restrain dressing up too. The balance in our lives has a way of working itself out so that you can still be fulfilled and happy in all aspects of your life.

Amelie
08-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Well Emmi, ya gotta be like me if you want to dress all the time.

I have no job and no family, I planned this from the start so there would be nothing intefering with my way of life. Ok, there might be a problem when I get old, like Social Security and retierment money, but,,hell, I'm having too much fun dressing to be bothered with silly stuff like that.

I am happy because I can dress whenever I want, there are no long stretches of male mode. OK, this is not for everyone, but I like my life.

Nikki A.
08-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Family has to take center stage in most of our lives. No matter how we feel, we are dad to the kids and a husband to our wives / SOs. There are times when I wish that I could do as I please but the repercussions are not fairto those that depend on us. The summer is especially hard in that the kids are out of school and there is no private time.
Good news is that I needed to have a heart test and one of the prereqs was a clean shaven chest. Now I need a reason to keeep it this way that my wife won't complain about (not too supportive and likes the hairy me).

heatherCD8772
08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
For me family is first, then work. Basically if I absolutly had to I could hang it up for a little bit, I dont know about few months but a few weeks maybe. I have to dress when I am alone anyways because my fiance does not really approve but we agreed that I can do it as long as she does not have to see Heather.

Phoebe Reece
08-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Emmi, if you take a big picture look at things, yes it is possible to go long stretches of time without dressing and still be happy with your situation in life. When my kids were teenagers there were just too many of their friends in and out of the house for me to dress up. My kids knew about my crossdressing, it was the relationship with their friends that would be a problem. I went for several years in which the only dressing I did was in the bedroom. However, I knew the kids would not be in the house forever and I would eventually get time and freedom for my femmeself. The kids did eventually go off to boarding school and college and Phoebe was able to come out again. I have no regrets about that period, even if it was not particularly easy.

Maude
08-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Well Emmi, ya gotta be like me if you want to dress all the time.

I have no job and no family, I planned this from the start so there would be nothing intefering with my way of life. Ok, there might be a problem when I get old, like Social Security and retierment money, but,,hell, I'm having too much fun dressing to be bothered with silly stuff like that.

I am happy because I can dress whenever I want, there are no long stretches of male mode. OK, this is not for everyone, but I like my life.

a
thats because you have a great deal more forsight than a lot of folks.
an i admire you for that ability !
m

gender_blender
08-03-2005, 09:27 PM
I suppose if you enter your relationships as a closeted crossdresser, the natural human reaction would be to resist change in your appearance, but if you create new relationships with those who know about and share a passion for self expression, then denying others of this significant portion of your being is not living an authentic or realistic existence.
Why is the initial reaction to crossdressing always to hide and preserve conformity of gender?

This is why I am true to those around me at all times. My future relationships will be real.

Charlie

Angela Burke
08-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Charlie,
Do you really talk like that?

Love Angela XX

Sister of Gabba Gabba Hey!

crispy
08-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Charlie,
Do you really talk like that?

Love Angela XX

Sister of Gabba Gabba Hey!
she could re-write the European Constitution, couldn't she? :rolleyes:

sportschick
08-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Emmi,

Fotunately the drive to dress is not that strong most of the time, and a couple of times a year works for me, the rest of the time I just tune it out.But if it affects work and family in any measurable way, I's bail on it completely for a long time. That said, when the urge really hits, it hits with both barrels! It would be tough if it was like that all the time!

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-04-2005, 12:21 AM
There's a heart-warming tale of devotion along these lines. "What I Did For Love: Temporary Returns to the Male Gender Role" http://www.symposion.com/ijt/ijtvo06no04_04.htm

Angela Burke
08-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Crispy,
The European Constitution?
The Mastrick Agreement!
I defy anyone to read these tomes of beauracratic gibberish and explain them in the language of the humans!

Love, Angela XX

Tiffy
08-04-2005, 05:43 AM
My family lives very close together. So the demand on my time during the day is very high. My grandmother lives right next door and I have to take her everywhere as she does not drive and hates to be home. My desire to dress however is constant, it does not even let up at all. The most I can go is a day without dressing before my mood turns to total s**t. So to balance my dressing and family, my wife and I set little ground rules. During the day I am him without fail unless I really need to dress and then I call in sick to the family if you will. But, my family knows if I have a headache not to bother me all day. They also know my wifes days off are our time for her. And that once the sun begins to set and night falls, that is my time and not to bother me. It is not much but with three homes on one piece of property and all of us family, it helps with me time. If my wife was not supportive I would just die inside.

Kisses, April