PDA

View Full Version : Funding Approval

Carole Cross
01-06-2010, 03:09 PM
I have just recieved comfirmation of my funding approval at Caring cross GIC, a great start to the new year. :D
All I have to do now is to complete the Confirmation of Appointment form and wait for them to send me my first appointment date. :yahoo:

Deborah_UK
01-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Great news Carole!!

:thumbsup: :cheer: :cheer: :yippee:

Nigella
01-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Way to go Girl:daydreaming:

Sheila
01-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Congratulations Carole :clap2:

Faith_G
01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Woo Hoo! :happy:

pamela_a
01-06-2010, 07:25 PM
That's a wonderful way to start the year Carole.

kellycan27
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
AWESOME... congrats!
Kelly

Sharon
01-06-2010, 11:14 PM
The hugest of congrats, Carole!! :hugs:

GypsyKaren
01-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Carole, that is so good to hear!

KS :g2:

Jennifer Marie P.
01-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Thats great news,Carole.

Sandra
01-07-2010, 08:48 AM
That is good news Carole :bh:

Maryanne_sa
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi Carole,

I was very interested to hear about your funding approval at Charing Cross, for the reason that I have been referred there and am waiting for a reply.

As a month has passed, and I did not hear anything, I phoned them up, to be told that I will hear soon, but it all takes time, as they get referrals from all over the UK.

How long has it taken to get as far as you have, and what processes did you have to go through. I was told on the phone that the first thing is an appointment with a Phychiatrist.

Does this mean also that you can now start on hormones?

Anyway, it's great that you have got this far.

Best wishes,

Maryanne

Carole Cross
01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi Carole,

I was very interested to hear about your funding approval at Charing Cross, for the reason that I have been referred there and am waiting for a reply.

As a month has passed, and I did not hear anything, I phoned them up, to be told that I will hear soon, but it all takes time, as they get referrals from all over the UK.

How long has it taken to get as far as you have, and what processes did you have to go through. I was told on the phone that the first thing is an appointment with a Phychiatrist.

Does this mean also that you can now start on hormones?

Anyway, it's great that you have got this far.

Best wishes,

Maryanne

Marryanne, I saw a local physichiatrist in August lat year who then sent his referral to Charing Cross GIC. I recieved a reply about a month later stating that they were waiting for funding approval from my PCT, so it has taken four months between the first and second letters from the GIC. I believe the current waiting time between the initial referral and the first appointment at Charing Cross is nine months which means I still have four months to wait before an appointment. I will not be approved for hormones until at least a second visit, which is another three or four months. :sad:

I think the only thing you can do is to be patient and wait until the time passes, if you can start another part of your transition process, such as facial hair removal.

There are two reasons why it takes a long time going through the NHS:
The first is because of the sheer volume of referrals at present and the second is they have to be sure that you really want to have the surgery, since they are paying for it, with our taxes.
If you really want a quicker appointment then you could apply to another gender clinic, they have fewer reserrals.

Maryanne_sa
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi Carole,

Thanks so much for your reply. I guess patience is the name of the game.

Which type of laser was used on you for hair removal. IPL, or other. I've read that some are not impressed with the IPL. What is your experience.

Maryanne,

Teri Jean
01-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Good for you Carole, I wish you the best.

Huggs Teri