PDA

View Full Version : Have I been outed by the mail?

Emma Leigh
01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
This as gotta have happened to somebody else, I am in the deepest corner of the closet. The only person I ever outed to was my partner, and she threw me out (ouch), so maybe you can apreciate why I keep my erm dressing habits to myself. However I decided that as I was now, and very likely to always be on my own, I would indulge in some new underwear, ie. panties, got to admit got a bit carried away and ordered 5 pair, from a CD friendly supplier I had used a couple of times before.
This was to be my Christmas present to myself, the goods were dispatched to me on 21st of December, entrusted to the Royal Mail, recorded delivery signed for service. Well this world renowned organization has lived up to its well deserved reputation once again, and delivered them, on 31st December(well it was 1st class), to what is probably a CD hateing psychopath in Godknowswhereville, but at least they did get him to sign for the goods, so I will at least know the name of the of the moron tearing me to pieces.
Should I move?

Shelly Preston
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Emma you can relax

There are only interested in getting a signature for the parcel

Also they have no clue as to why you buy anything

DiannaRose
01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
I agree...who says you weren't buying them for someone else? I almost guarantee the person who signed doesn't give two hoots. And if they do, why should that bother you? The problem is on their end, not yours, girl! :)

Emma Leigh
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I would agree if it wasnt for the wording on the enclosed invoice, I did say that the supplier was CD friendly!

JamieOH
01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
ya'll missed a bit part of the post... The concern isnt over the signature... It was delivered to the WRONG person.. So someone else has not only the package, and it's contents but his address... and if they opened it, they know what is inside..

EEEekkk.. I hope whoever has it realized it, and sends it back out unopened... that sucks... Although, accidently deliver 5 pair of retty undies to me, and sorry bout your luck Charlie! they be MINES!

carolinoakland
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
emma i'm confused, someone else signed for them? Someone you don't know? in your building? And it's time you understand things, the only person who opinion that matters is yours. The heck with everyone else, and if indeed the parcel was signed for someone else that's not your problem, I'd let the people you bought the stuff from know by saying that you've not recieved any delivery... and my two cents here is, don't let fear stop you from being happy. Don't let what was your gift to yourself be taken away! Carol

Emma Leigh
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
JamieOH has it, dont know who they are but they have my address and my stuff, and if they were goin to return it theyve had 8 days, only know they are somewhere in the same town, but they are not immediate neighbours, I know all them.

Shelly Preston
01-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Without knowing who they are its going to be difficult to know what to do
They may not have opened the package. Also you have to take account of the fact it was the holiday period so getting it back to you would take longer

You never know they may be CD friendly too ?

Emma Leigh
01-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I live in Englands equivalant of Helmand Province!, its extremely unlikely that anyone in this town is CD friendly

Karren H
01-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Your toast! I'd call a realtor... Sell the house... Find a new job... Change my name......

My god woman... Were talking about panties.. Not like you murdered someone for them? Pluss the guy that got them probably gave them to his wife as a present.... Or is wearing them as we speak... Lol.

cd_skye
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Or it could be a really great way to meet someone... LOL you never know.

Might want to get the company to verify your signature and mailing address in the meantime and get them to send you your order.

abigailf
01-07-2010, 03:59 PM
It was probably the postman. He signed and kept the package for him/herself.

Roberta Marie
01-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I live in Englands equivalant of Helmand Province!, its extremely unlikely that anyone in this town is CD friendly

Emma,

Hey, you live there. Who's to say that there aren't other CDs that live there as well? They may be just as scared and deep in the closet as you.

How many of your neighbors know, or suspect that you are a crossdresser? So, why should it be any different for the crossdresser that lives down the block, or maybe even next door? You might be surprised who else might be CD.

How do we really know that there are no CDs living in Helmand Province?

Bobbi

PheonaP
01-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Royal Mail Signed For service is NOT a guaranteed delivery time frame. Unlike Royal Mail Special Delivery IS guaranteed NEXT DAY. At this time of year 5 working days is the norm for first class delivery, so despatched on 21st December, add 5 working days would give 29th December, add a couple of days for the show problems and the 31st would be about right. However, the fact that Royal Mail delivered it to the wrong address, regardless of signature, is an error on their part and failure to complete the delivery contract under the "Signed For" agreement.
Obtain a copy of the Royal Mail certificate of signature and pursue the matter with Royal Mail. Even if you only get the value of the parcel back, you can at least send for more panties. You might receive them for your birthday.

Emme
01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
The simple way to solve this delima is to NOT ORDER, GO BUY THE PANTIES FROM A LOCAL STORE.

My dear, you are the only one worried about this. We love you and want to support you, BUT get a handle on yourself. 5 Pair of womens underpants is nothing. Order some yummy size 10 breast forms and let the be deliverd to the accounting office next door.

Hey, they were tossing them around the office...... calm down.... buy in person!
The sales people only want your money! HONEST!

Oh yeah, I got my forms back.LOL One sheepish little accountant was busy coping down the order address.

Life is Good!

JustAlex
01-07-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd call the seller. He's the one who contracted the mail service and you're entitled to the product you paid for. Let them deal with the mail, it's not your problem.

Tiff Rivera
01-07-2010, 05:00 PM
This happened to me a few years ago.

I ordered from forever21, the address was messed up and it was sent in my name to another address. I called forever21, they corrected the problem and I got my order.

No one ever came knocking on the door looking for me because I was accidentally outed. Don't worry about at all, go about your happy self and relax

:hugs:

Emma Leigh
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Thank you all for your support, it is very comforting knowing you are all out there, love Emma

suchacutie
01-07-2010, 06:12 PM
These are panties, not an AKA47 or plastic explosives. I mean, really. It's not like you answered the door in them, either!

Relax, smile, and have a good laugh.

just my :2c:

tina

Joanie_Shakti
01-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I live with other family members. A few months ago, I made an order from Frederick's of Hollywood. I had made several orders from them before and they were always sent to my post office box.

I came home from work and was told I had a phone message from Frederick's concerning my order and I needed to call them. Turns out, they shipped this one UPS instead of through the mail and they were trying to determine my street address for delivery. I was pretty embarassed but acted nonchalantly when I was told about the call.

When I called Frederick's, I told the woman I talked to that I was embarassed that they called. I realized that I just gave away that the clothes were for me, but I don't care with strangers. When I said that I had received the packages at my P.O. box before with no problem and the website didn't designate how it would be shipped, she told me to use the complete Zip Code next time, not just the first five numbers, and the computer would know that it was for the mail and not UPS.

I intercepted the large bag a day or two later from the front porch before anyone else got to it. (I hate it that many places don't use boxes anymore.) And though there are things I want to order from Frederick's, I am now gun shy and afraid that even if I give the full, nine digit Zip Code, I'll have a repeat of this experience.

Sally2005
01-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Don't worry and don't make any excuses. Just say you wished it had arrived before christmas. The other person will just assume it was intended to be a gift.

CATgirldo
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I see no reason that the person who received the panties would either care or even suspect anything is wrong. All they know is that the Royal Mail delivered to the wrong side of the realm,...yet again. They will either return them, throw them away or give them to a friend. But the chances of them seeking you out are extremely unlikely.
The only way it might matter if is they were accidentally delivered to Boy George or Elton John....or someone on the West side of Hampstead Heath ( I lived near Hampstead Heath... ) SO Have a crepe, lift a pint and reorder.

CAT

KerryLynn
01-08-2010, 05:32 AM
ya'll missed a bit part of the post... The concern isnt over the signature... It was delivered to the WRONG person.. So someone else has not only the package, and it's contents but his address... and if they opened it, they know what is inside..

EEEekkk.. I hope whoever has it realized it, and sends it back out unopened... that sucks... Although, accidently deliver 5 pair of retty undies to me, and sorry bout your luck Charlie! they be MINES!

What if they opened it and Gone Wow these are my size