PDA

View Full Version : More Femme Frequent Flyer Miles

SuzanneBender
01-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Yesterday was another flight and I was refuse the actions of a pin headed terrorist to keep me from my Suzanne time. I dressed en femme despite the elevated threat level and new security measures.

I flew from Milwaukee to Denver today. I am attaching a pic of me before I left for the airport. As you can tell, no first class Diva, but I blend in well in an outfit like this. Well except in Milwaukee!

Today was somewhat eventful which is not what I am really looking for when I fly. First when I returned my car the dingy young lady that was checking me in told me that Mr. Bender had to return the car. I told her I am Mr. Bender. She retorted with a “yeah right” and then a wided eyed “Oh my gosh I didn't know you were a man!” Poor young lady was so confused, sweet and apologetic but confused. I just took my receipt, told her to have a wonderful day and left.

Next event - the ticket counter. This was all my fault. I gave the agent my military ID instead of my driver’s license. That was a Fuax Paux to the tenth degree. I realized what I had done as soon as she took the ID. The lady looked at me and said, "I am so glad they did away with don't ask don't tell." What could I say except “UmmmHmmm”. It really wasn't the place to explain the current political reality to the nice lady that flunked current events in grade school. I took my ID back, checked my bag and for the and quickly made my way to the security line. I think the extreme cold must have frost bit everyone brains.

Act 3 - Time to test the new regulations. Again let me reemphasize I was in the Milwaukee airport. Its not a small airport by any means, but I don't think they see many gals like us there. There was a lady about ten people behind me in line that was making sure to point out to everyone around her that the tall lady in line was really a man. Then she started saying how it should be illegal to do what I was doing. I wasn’t going to let that one go but then an older gentlemen in line came to my defense. He told her that he spent 30 years in the military protecting our rights and that included me and that she should mind her own business.

I finally made it through the cue line and to the gentleman screening id’s and tickets and he grinned as he looked at my license. He told me I was much prettier than my picture and to have a nice flight Mam. After my experience in the first line I just wanted to hug him.

Milwaukee doesn't have a new scanner. I was wearing a corset that I forgot had steel boning. That move doomed me for a pat down. The TSA agent was courteous and respectful and asked me if I wanted to do it in private. I agreed and all went fine.

I collected my stuff and went to the gate. The gate was uneventful. I did my favorite airport entertainment activity, surfing crossdressers.com.

I had been assigned a center seat on the airplane. In their infinite wisdom Frontier placed me in the middle of a family that was flying with the cutest little girl. We rearrange seats and I took the seat across the isle from them so they could sit together. While we were waiting to take off the little girl (3 or 4) looked at me and said you look like my Na Ma. I smile and said that you. Mom who was sitting on the isle seat across from me said its OK my mom looks really young and so do you. That made me smile the whole flight. The guy next to me didn’t say a word. He just put on his headphones and read his magazine. All in all it was a good flight. I guess any flight that lands is a good flight though.

So for you girls that are worried about air travel don’t be. I love it. Every time is an adventure and an opportunity to be an ambassador for our tribe.

Kerigirl2009
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
That sounds like a fun and interesting experience. Now if more of you could get out their more often maybe it would make it easier for us not so comfortable girls to go out in the world and experience all of what we should. Wait a minute I could do that if I had the confidence to put myself out there. I guess it will be babysteps for me still. :) Someday maybe I will be able to crawl out and stand on my own.:)

minalost
01-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Suzanne,
You look adorable! It's no wonder the kid liked you!

msniki48
01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Ok OK OK!!!

Suzanne you are my new hero! it used to be wonder woman! ;)

hugs,

msniki48

VeronicaMoonlit
01-07-2010, 05:59 PM
I dressed en femme despite the elevated threat level and new security measures.

Huzzah a flying pretty thread by Tx...wait a minute....you're not her. Huzzah, more people flying pretty!

There was a lady about ten people behind me in line that was making sure to point out to everyone around her that the tall lady in line was really a man. Then she started saying how it should be illegal to do what I was doing.

I would have been prparing my "Silence Mortal, Step Away From the Queen, You Dare Disturb a Warrioress from Beyond Thrand, While She....Contemplates Her Ovoid?" look.

I wasn’t going to let that one go but then an older gentlemen in line came to my defense. He told her that he spent 30 years in the military protecting our rights and that included me and that she should mind her own business.

Huzzah for him.

He told me I was much prettier than my picture and to have a nice flight Mam. After my experience in the first line I just wanted to hug him.

Awww, but you are pretty.

While we were waiting to take off the little girl (3 or 4) looked at me and said you look like my Na Ma. I smile and said that you. Mom who was sitting on the isle seat across from me said its OK my mom looks really young and so do you. That made me smile the whole flight.

Awww.

So for you girls that are worried about air travel don’t be. I love it. Every time is an adventure and an opportunity to be an ambassador for our tribe.

Very true, and thank you for posting your adventure.

Veronica Rogers

jenny01
01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Suzanne, You look great! It sounds like you had a great experience and handled every situation quite well.

carolinoakland
01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I"m going to go on my first flight post transition, my biggest fear is that some well meaning knuckle dragger is going to believe that I'm using Carol's id and carrying her hormones and confiscate and make my life miserable. I just like to worry about nothing.

and double huzza for the defenders and ally's. They, like us, are everywhere...Carol

StaceyJane
01-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Sounds like a bunch of fun.

rocketscientist
01-07-2010, 06:42 PM
As always, you look great. I can only hope to someday be half the ambassador for our tribe that you are! I gotta ask you, WHAT would you have said to that nasty, ignorant troll woman? She was probably jealous of you! Anyway, I have yet to fly enfemme, but I draw courage and inspiration from those have and written here of it. Maybe I will try it soon, I got an invitation to go to Indy to meetup with this hot chick who's TOTALLY into CD! LOL!

AKAMichelle
01-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree with you - why let idiot terrrorists keep us from flying en femme. Looks like you had a great time. I wish I had known you were coming to Denver earlier, we could have done something.

Enjoy your trip.

sherri52
01-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Great time Suzanne. It's nice to know that we cn still travel enfemme when the time comes.

Lorileah
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
She left out the part where I called DIA and had security waiting to cart her away when she landed. But she fooled me. I think she must have used that old blending in with the other passengers trick. Drat! She slipped through my security defense and made it safe and sound. Now we shall see how getting out of DIA goes for you. My guess, no one will say anything...uh unless you wear that corset again

Sorry we could not meet Suzanne. Maybe next time (barring sub-zero cold and slick streets) we can get that glass of wine at Caveau

abigailf
01-07-2010, 07:32 PM
You flew wearing a corset?

--

Thank you, that was a wonderful story. One day I'll have to try that.

Rachael Ray
01-07-2010, 08:04 PM
You look great and I admire your courage. Your adventures out encourage the rest of us to get out there!

Terri Andrews
01-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us ,as always you look great

Danica
01-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure Suzanne. The way you described other people's reactions had me chuckling. As always you look lovely and are an inspiration to those of us who only dream of someday experiencing what you did today.

Kathi Lake
01-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I was totally going to fly pretty on my way to CES. Then my wife decided to work from home the day I left. Sigh. Bummer!! Ah well, there's always the next flight. Glad you had a good time (except for all that patting down nonsense).

Cute travel outfit, by the way. Lovin' the scarf!

Kathi

CATgirldo
01-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Congrads! Good for you ignoring the busybodies out there. But pause a minute to remember those who sported heels before us and forced the airline to look on us with respect. My friend, Sarah, was thrown off a plane (United) for being dressed and forced to change to male clothes on the tarmac. Realizing the legal ramifications they quickly modified their policies. All the other airlines followed suit.
The only thing I worry about is they may want to start checking underwear.... THAT could be Awkward....

CAT

Sara Jessica
01-08-2010, 07:16 AM
What a cute look you have, 100% female, I'd never have given gender a second thought if I were to see you out and about. Simply perfection!!!

And while I'm sure you were carrying your trademark wit with you and therefore could have taken care of business yourself, it's nice that ex-millitary true gentleman came to your aid.

christinek
01-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I would have died where I stood, your courage is amazing.

You looked great too!

Laura_Stephens
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
You look wonderful! So glad you were able to do what you wanted to.

Renee
01-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Suzanne first off let me say that you look fantastic and I can see why you have the confidence that you do. I love reading all of your posts and adventures. Maybe someday I will have your courage. It is wonderful to have someone like you out there leading the way for the rest of us. Keep it up !

Rachel05
01-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Great story and thanks for sharing, but I have to say you look very convincing and especially good in your pictures

Brooke Smith
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
My heart was in my throat while reading your story. Given the timing and public mood,you have become my new heroine. And you look great too!:love:

billiedresses
01-08-2010, 03:28 PM
She left out the part where I called DIA and had security waiting to cart her away when she landed. But she fooled me. I think she must have used that old blending in with the other passengers trick. Drat! She slipped through my security defense and made it safe and sound. Now we shall see how getting out of DIA goes for you. My guess, no one will say anything...uh unless you wear that corset again

Sorry we could not meet Suzanne. Maybe next time (barring sub-zero cold and slick streets) we can get that glass of wine at Caveau

LORALIEAH your posts are wonderful read a few are my favs i lived in denver for years now miss it more than ever :love: texas cowgurl now

Paula_56
01-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I love thehair and the outfit inspring story

Miranda09
01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
You looked great Suzanne and the story you told was wonderful to read. As for the nosey woman who commented that CDing should be illegal, it was so nice to hear another bystander come back and REMIND her that as a free society, we have the right to express ourselves anyway we wish! That was nice. Thanks for posting...:)

Leslie Langford
01-09-2010, 01:55 PM
...but you left out the best (i.e. the "cliff-hanger") part...

Was the TSA agent who eventually patted you down a male or a female, and was there an "AHA!" moment once they got up so close and personal :doh::eek:?

Zenith
01-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Julie has been through several major airports and a few tiny ones...and nothing ever happens...I don't get it...just people being nice...and ggs talking to me about gg stuff...(like I know that much...:doh:)...

SuzanneBender
01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Wait a minute I could do that if I had the confidence to put myself out there. I guess it will be babysteps for me still. Its not right to deprive the world of a girl as cute as Keri.

Suzanne you are my new hero! it used to be wonder woman!

Ok girls I am not heroine or any thing of the sort. The real heroines and heros are the T gals and guys that came before and blazed the trail so lil ole me can get on the cute lil ole plane and fly to lil ole wherever I want to. My inspiration are the gals here. The women living this 24X7; the women torturing their credit cards with the favorite SAs; the women stepping out of their hotel rooms our houses for the first time. You are the inspiration not me! :love:

I"m going to go on my first flight post transition, my biggest fear is that some well meaning knuckle dragger is going to believe that I'm using Carol's id and carrying her hormones and confiscate and make my life miserable. I just like to worry about nothing. You do worry about nothing. No one will mess with a woman as fantastic as Carol.

and double huzza for the defenders and ally's. They, like us, are everywhere...Carol
There are a lot more of us and our ally's then there are knuckledraggers.

WHAT would you have said to that nasty, ignorant troll woman? She was probably jealous of you! Anyway, I have yet to fly enfemme, but I draw courage and inspiration from those have and written here of it. Maybe I will try it soon, I got an invitation to go to Indy to meetup with this hot chick who's TOTALLY into CD! LOL! Great minds think alike because I was going to use something like, "if you were a little nicer I would share a beauty secret or two with you cause you can use it". The truth of the matter is if I had said anything it would have started a scene and that is not what I wanted. Thank goodness that that sweet older gentlemen was in line.

They tried to catch me, but I have been taking online super double ought spy lessons and I was able to escape their defense. I always wanted to be a Bond girl!

The worst part of the trip was not getting to see you. I hope we can get together next time I am in Denver. :hugs:

You flew wearing a corset?

Corsets are my security blanket. I almost always wear one but typically when I am out and about I leave the metal boned ones in the closet. I just wasn't paying attention. Corsets are like and American Express Card. Don't Leave home without them.

I was totally going to fly pretty on my way to CES. Then my wife decided to work from home the day I left. Sigh. Bummer!! Ah well, there's always the next flight. Glad you had a good time (except for all that patting down nonsense).

Kathi I can picture you on the plane with a stack of fashion magazines next to you!

Congrads! Good for you ignoring the busybodies out there. But pause a minute to remember those who sported heels before us and forced the airline to look on us with respect. My friend, Sarah, was thrown off a plane (United) for being dressed and forced to change to male clothes on the tarmac. Realizing the legal ramifications they quickly modified their policies. All the other airlines followed suit.
The only thing I worry about is they may want to start checking underwear.... THAT could be Awkward....

Cat so true. We would still be hiding in the stonewall bar if it were not for the bravery of the girls that went before us.

It's nice that ex-millitary true gentleman came to your aid. He was a sweat heart.

I would have died where I stood, your courage is amazing.

Ohhh poo gal. The airport is nothing compared to going to the waffle house at 3am like Nicole, Tracy and You!

Where are we going to fly to?

...but you left out the best (i.e. the "cliff-hanger") part...

Was the TSA agent who eventually patted you down a male or a female, and was there an "AHA!" moment once they got up so close and personal :doh::eek:?

Patted down by a Male with a Female supervisor present. There was no removal of clothing so I guess it wasn't really an issue.

Julie has been through several major airports and a few tiny ones...and nothing ever happens...I don't get it...just people being nice...and ggs talking to me about gg stuff...(like I know that much...:doh:)...

Julie you know a lot more than me! Isn't it cool how the GG's think that we have the answers.

missygatv
01-10-2010, 10:58 PM
I don't know if I would have the guts. Kuddos to you.. I have done interstate driving and truck stops are a lot of fun :)

Lady Davida
01-11-2010, 01:18 AM
I really need to learn how to do my hair and make up. I've been CD ing for about 15 years and still can't seem to get my face and hair looking femmine enough to feel like a real Lady

Darylin
01-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Suzzanne,

You look great. I'm flying tomorrow but won't be able to go enfemme. My neighbor is taking me to the airport, too bad. I would like to try it, my wife wouldn't agree though. She's accepting and likes when I dress but she's scared to death I'll be noticed by someone we know. Oh well, maybe someday. Keep flying high (and dressed). :battingeyelashes:

Darylin

LisaM
01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Wow, Suzanne! What courage and grace---makes me want to get dressed and go out right now.

Angie G
01-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Well Suzanne looks like getting there is half the fun girl. And you look way to young to be a Na Ma.:hugs:
Angie

theresa
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
You are amazing Suzanne. I admire your self confidence and poise "under-fire".

SuzanneBender
01-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Well Suzanne looks like getting there is half the fun girl. And you look way to young to be a Na Ma.

Not sure if its half the fun but it sure is a ton of fun. Thanks darling. I may be going antique but I certainly don't feel old enough to be a granny yet.

You are amazing Suzanne. I admire your self confidence and poise "under-fire".
Sush girl! Don't say under fire or bomb in and airport that is sure to get you in trouble.

You look great. I'm flying tomorrow but won't be able to go enfemme. My neighbor is taking me to the airport, too bad. I would like to try it, my wife wouldn't agree though. She's accepting and likes when I dress but she's scared to death I'll be noticed by someone we know.

Darylin you will get your chance! Just keep being you and if you see me in the airport stop and give me a hug.

I don't know if I would have the guts. Kuddos to you.. I have done interstate driving and truck stops are a lot of fun Missy the airport is a whole heck of a lot safer than a truck stop!

Wow, Suzanne! What courage and grace---makes me want to get dressed and go out right now.Lisa I may be in Chicago late next week. Lets go out!

Leslie Langford
01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Well, Suzanne, you wouldn't be the first transgendered Bond Girl. Caroline "Tula" Cossey actually beat you to it. Here's a link for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/history_transsexual_bond_girl.php3?t=&s=articles

She actually appeared in Playboy as well during her prime.

You also stated in one of your replies that there were both male and female agents present during the pat down? I guess they were hedging their bets :D.

Christina Horton
01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
First when I returned my car the dingy young lady that was checking me in told me that Mr. Bender had to return the car. I told her I am Mr. Bender. She retorted with a “yeah right” and then a wided eyed “Oh my gosh I didn't know you were a man!” Poor young lady was so confused, sweet and apologetic but confused. I just took my receipt, told her to have a wonderful day and left.

I would not call her "Dingy" you silly little girl! I would call her a wonderfully nice lady whom did not even think of you as a guy. I mean if there was any hint (witch I see not hint of) manliness in you she would have said oh of course. Bit you were polite and she treated you 100% like a woman and
when you said "I am Mr. Bender" She prob thought you were joking. She speaks volumes on how you can pass hun. So think of her as a women whom treated you with 100% respect right?

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] Next event - the ticket counter. This was all my fault. I gave the agent my military ID instead of my driver’s license. That was a Fuax Paux to the tenth degree. I realized what I had done as soon as she took the ID. The lady looked at me and said, "I am so glad they did away with don't ask don't tell." What could I say except “UmmmHmmm”. It really wasn't the place to explain the current political reality to the nice lady that flunked current events in grade school. I took my ID back, checked my bag and for the and quickly made my way to the security line. I think the extreme cold must have frost bit everyone brains.

I must have flunked too. I know the don't ask don't tell is old and I think it's no longer a rule but . What is the new rule?

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] There was a lady about ten people behind me in line that was making sure to point out to everyone around her that the tall lady in line was really a man. Then she started saying how it should be illegal to do what I was doing. I wasn’t going to let that one go but then an older gentlemen in line came to my defense. He told her that he spent 30 years in the military protecting our rights and that included me and that she should mind her own business.

He is my hero. And all like him. People whom risk there life to help the rest of us ungrateful selfish people Like me. When i see something like that My heart just melts. Ya gotta love them eh?

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] Milwaukee doesn't have a new scanner. I was wearing a corset that I forgot had steel boning. That move doomed me for a pat down. The TSA agent was courteous and respectful and asked me if I wanted to do it in private. I agreed and all went fine.

I have only been "pat" down at the Canada US Boarder. I drive truck and about just before 9/11 maybe about a year before I was pulled in and they did a parer work check and patted me down. It was a surreal experience but I think to myself that there just doing there job. So if I fly en-fem I think it would be a neat experience to go through. I think new experiences are neat and fun as long as no one is hurt.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] Every time is an adventure and an opportunity to be an ambassador for our tribe.

I always look at going out as we are all ambassador's when we go out of doors. I always try to be nice to everyone I meet or talk to. If they have a good experience with me (when they tell other people about the Crossdresser that was fat) that "she was nice and funny. They might take away a better view of us all. But thats just my thoughts on it.

I have never flown En-Fem cuz 1) I can't afford it plus 2) I don't really have time. But I would love to . It would make flying muck more fun.

Now if I had a sugar Mama to make me a kelp Women well that's different then.

MaryAnn40c
01-12-2010, 04:27 PM
You look lovely and relaxed

SuzanneBender
01-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Well, Suzanne, you wouldn't be the first transgendered Bond Girl. Caroline "Tula" Cossey actually beat you to it. Here's a link for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/history_transsexual_bond_girl.php3?t=&s=articles

She actually appeared in Playboy as well during her prime.

You also stated in one of your replies that there were both male and female agents present during the pat down? I guess they were hedging their bets :D. That is not fair. I was only 14 in 1981 so I couldn't compete for the role. I would have. Roger Moore in his younger days. Ohhhh baby! I would go gay for him. Wait I am on the road to transition so would that make it just going bi or once I transition would it make it going straight? Wow this gender stuff is so confusing when you factor in sexuality? Ohhhh well maybe I can be the first "middle aged" TS Bond Girl.

I would not call her "Dingy" you silly little girl! I would call her a wonderfully nice lady whom did not even think of you as a guy. I mean if there was any hint (witch I see not hint of) manliness in you she would have said oh of course. Bit you were polite and she treated you 100% like a woman and
when you said "I am Mr. Bender" She prob thought you were joking. She speaks volumes on how you can pass hun. So think of her as a women whom treated you with 100% respect right? Ohhh darling you are too sweet and so was this young lady, but she was definatly not a rocket scientist.

I must have flunked too. I know the don't ask don't tell is old and I think it's no longer a rule but . What is the new rule? It is still there. Those of us in the U.S. military that are not telling when they are not asking are eagerly awaiting a change, but it has yet to happen.

I have only been "pat" down at the Canada US Boarder. I drive truck and about just before 9/11 maybe about a year before I was pulled in and they did a parer work check and patted me down. It was a surreal experience but I think to myself that there just doing there job. So if I fly en-fem I think it would be a neat experience to go through. I think new experiences are neat and fun as long as no one is hurt.
Pat downs are not that bad, but its not something that I am signing up to experience on a regular basis. Well unless the guy looks like a young Roger Moore and has a British accent.

I always look at going out as we are all ambassador's when we go out of doors. I always try to be nice to everyone I meet or talk to. If they have a good experience with me (when they tell other people about the Crossdresser that was fat) that "she was nice and funny. They might take away a better view of us all. But thats just my thoughts on it. In my humble opinion it is the right attitude. Well except for that fat thing. Who are you talking about girl because you are just plain cute.

eluuzion
01-13-2010, 04:11 AM
being an ex road-warrior, I know most airports and I really enjoyed your experience.

Basically, if you just remember a couple rules and "blend in", you will be fine.

1) Never, ever run from a TSA agent...lol

2) Never, ever yell "HI" to anyone named "Jack" on an airplane.:D

HaveFun/BeHappy