PDA

View Full Version : I decided 10 years ago

Emme
01-07-2010, 05:28 PM
What would you do?
I decided many years ago that it is ok to be me. If someone wants to publickly "out" me then so be it. I will stand with my very best smile and proudly tell them the story of most of us! I do it all the time in the wig and shoe stores.

What would you do?

msniki48
01-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Emme,

The words are very refreshing. i look forward to the day that i don't have to care. unfortunately, as long as i have need of a job, i have to care of who knows and doesn't.

You have wonderful photos, and you look as comfotable as a person can be in her skin.

hugs to you

msniki48

suchacutie
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
We really can't be us without some exposure. My wife and I were in a Payless in Atlanta and, of course, I was looking at shoes for Tina. I was in drab and there were a number of pairs I was interested in. My wife said, "well, you look and I'll look in my size". She had to go around the aisle so I was alone, and decided to try on a pair of mules with 5" heels. Just as I put them on and took a step the SA came around the corner. She looked at me and asked, "are they for you?". Well, what do you say? I'm wearing them. My wife is looking in a different aisle so they aren't for her. I said the only thing that made sense: "yes". She then said that the second pair would be half price if I bought two pair. I thanked her and we went on with our day!

It was no big deal...just another encounter with a smart SA who wished to make a sale!

tina

charlie
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Hello Emme!
Two months ago my wife found out and I told her that I CD. She told several of our friends (not out of spite but for support) that I CD. I now admit and tell others that it is all true. Why not? It is me. I'm not mad or sad about being outed. Just sad my wife is so upset and non-supportive.

helena.gcd
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
i wish i could do the same! it would be much easier. Due to my job i can't be outed. it wouldn't be good for the business. Most of my friend would surely laugh at me and my family wouldn't understand me. So i have to stay in the closet :sad:

sherri52
01-07-2010, 07:18 PM
I wear femme jeans. nail polish and mascara while in drab. How can you say no when they see you like that. I admit it always

jenna_woods
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I feel the same way,

Karren H
01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
It's well known at stores I frequent.... especially when I'm in trying on womens clothes and shoes and in makeup stores trying on makeup... And haven't use "its for my wife" in a long time...

danielle.cd
01-07-2010, 08:34 PM
i think this day in age more poeple are acustom to boy wearing girlie stuff , there are more guys bying skinny jeans made for girls whereing longer hair and puting on make up and there straigth not trying to dress as a girl at, punk rock , the eightys, goth, look how many guys were earings in both ears <me>
people are just used to it now

carolinoakland
01-07-2010, 09:50 PM
It was ten years ago for me too...whew. I'm now three weeks away from one year RLE. WOW. I was stunned looking back on the last year... but compared with the decade...WOW. And this place has been a important part of that journey, I always call the day this started for real as the day I gave myself permission to be happy. And today, I am happier than I've ever been in my life. Yay!