PDA

View Full Version : Body Piercings

Maude
08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
How do you feel or deal with piercings ?
I have had my ears and one nipple pierced for years.
I am now in the mood to get my belly button pierced and am having reservations and am confused bout those feelings and wonder why now ?

suggestions ?
m

Tristen Cox
08-03-2005, 10:09 PM
What ever floats your boat. Myself I get the heebie geebies thinking about anything other than ears. Yep you know it! I'm a wuss and I admit it. :p

Tristen Cox
08-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Gee thankz :rolleyes: :D

Maude
08-03-2005, 10:29 PM
What ever floats your boat. Myself I get the heebie geebies thinking about anything other than ears. Yep you know it! I'm a wuss and I admit it. :p

i was trin to say to say tris is such a great wuss and messed up the reply and the edit
oh well !!

m

Clare
08-04-2005, 12:15 AM
More piercing for me in the near future.

I had my ears pierced seven weeks ago and recently took out the studs. Have a small pair of hoops inserted now and wear them full time, drab or not.

Want to get a second set of ear piercings above the current holes so that i can have diamond studs or pearl studs permanently in the ears whilst i change the lower earings to chandaliers/thread type/hooks and other shaped earrings in the lower holes.

But the next biggie will be my belly button. That's the one i'm really wanting to get done. Just love it when i see GG's with theirs. I also like the range of jewellery that can be inserted into belly piercings.

Have thought about getting the tongue pierced, but like Tristen, i'm a wuss!

Christine

Toni
08-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Hi Maude,

I have recently been thinking of having my ears pierced, but typical male I am scared witless. Apart from the pain, if there is any, my main problem seems to be how do I explain it to my two grandchildren (10 & 5 years old)? while the studs are in. Help!

Clare
08-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Hey Toni, no big deal really!

With my ear piercings, I felt a quick sting and then numbness would you believe? Never had a problem with pain as such.

In fact i kept forgetting the studs were even in the ears, you just have to make sure you use antiseptic spray each day to prevent any infections.

Don't worry about kids, especially at the ages you mention. Young children just accept what they see and hear at face value mostly.

Again, the biggest obstacle is the fear factor. It doesn't take long to do, and i paid in advance, so i was able to committ myself to the piercings without backing out.

Its easy, quick, safe, cheap - all you need to do is get it done!

Christine

kysmet
08-04-2005, 03:44 PM
I've had both of my ears pierced since I was a teen. Two holes in each ear. The only other type of piercing I've ever considered was the top of both ears. Never was real big on any other part of my body. Well, that's a lie. I did consider getting my nose pierced at one point. Not so sure now.

Ericka Jean

Natalie x
08-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi Maude,

I have recently been thinking of having my ears pierced, but typical male I am scared witless. Apart from the pain, if there is any, my main problem seems to be how do I explain it to my two grandchildren (10 & 5 years old)? while the studs are in. Help!

Toni, in the UK the left ear is the "male" ear for piercing. So you can get one done now, and not attract any comments, it's fashionable for men to have an earing in that ear. Later, when you feel more confident/adventurous, you can get the other one done - THEN, they'll ask questions!

Toni
08-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Toni, in the UK the left ear is the "male" ear for piercing. So you can get one done now, and not attract any comments, it's fashionable for men to have an earing in that ear. Later, when you feel more confident/adventurous, you can get the other one done - THEN, they'll ask questions!
Hi Natalie,
If I have it done it'll be both or nowt!

Toyah
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Sorry total wuss on this one would like to wear the earrings as there is a much better choice but can see me in drab with chunky droplets doing the shopping doh!

Natalie x
08-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Good for you, Toni, go for it!! And tell us when you've done it. :thumbsup:

Toyah, the hardest part is walking through the door of the beauty shop or whoever you choose to do the piercing. Believe me, no-one is more of a wuss than me, but I didn't even know it had been done until she said "That'll be six ponds fifty please".

Maude, I'm not sure I could do it, but if a belly button ring is what you want, you gotta do it, girl!! Life's too short to fill with regrets for things not done. Send us a picture? :thumbsup:

robin/rjs
08-04-2005, 05:16 PM
I have had my ears pierced for a year and I love it even in my drab work clothes I can wear my earrings and still feel girly. I got my belly done two months ago , no pain at all and their are so many different styles you can use in the belly . Looks sexy to me and I have got all good comments on how it looks. :thumbsup:

Adrianne
08-04-2005, 05:25 PM

I am a ex british male and have had both of my ears done since i was 16 and no said a'thing as i used to Live in Bristol U.K, now living in the U.S.A and no one ever says a'thing about both ears being pierced. I am not sure where you heard that one from.

Adrianne.

Maude
08-04-2005, 05:46 PM

Toyah, the hardest part is walking through the door of the beauty shop or whoever you choose to do the piercing. Believe me, no-one is more of a wuss than me, but I didn't even know it had been done until she said "That'll be six ponds fifty please".

Maude, I'm not sure I could do it, but if a belly button ring is what you want, you gotta do it, girl!! Life's too short to fill with regrets for things not done. Send us a picture? :thumbsup:

natalie
the ring will look fine but you may regret seeing a picture of it installed ?
thanks,
m

thanks

Amelie
08-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Maude, You should get your tongue pierced, it looks good and it also comes in handy when you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, someone.

Tristen Cox
08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
My virgiin ears are ringing... :eek:

Ophelia D'Void
08-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Actually have a tongue and ear pierced. SO loves the tongue piercing, plus it looks great on either gender. Belly button though... *shudder* I don't know

Amelie
08-04-2005, 06:44 PM
My virgiin ears are ringing... :eek:

Wash your mouth out!!!!

I meant when you "Laugh at" someone.

Tristen Cox
08-04-2005, 07:52 PM
*coughs* er yeah that's what you meant :rolleyes:

Sigrid
08-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Wash your mouth out!!!!

I meant when you "Laugh at" someone.
I love it when I get laughed at!

Body piercings... not on me. Complete wuss. That's one of the reasons I couldn't be a career junkie... hate being poked by sharp things.

Maude
08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Maude, You should get your tongue pierced, it looks good and it also comes in handy when you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, someone.

Amelie
I would get anything pierced if i could find someone as neat as you !
and that is a november/siera statement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maude

Brianna Kylee
08-04-2005, 09:54 PM
i've recently wanted to get a few piercings, like my ears, maybe an eyebrow. A friend of mine from college has like 8 or 9 piercings.

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-04-2005, 10:02 PM
For what it's worth, belly button piercing are notorious for getting infected, since it's a in place that's one big lint trap.

crispy
08-04-2005, 10:29 PM
I self-pierced both my nipps 10 years ago. Never had any problems and stretched them to 8g. It was painful and took hours. I must have found a macho streak that I had never recognised before. Later I pierced myself down there and had loads of rings, but they just got in the way.

I have removed my nip rings now and am totally without unnecessary holes again.

Ophelia D'Void
08-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Can't imagine piercing myself anywhere, let alone the nipples (probably one of the most sensitive areas to pierce) or.... youch getting sharp implements anywhere near my junk. Kudos to you Gin.

Had an ex girlfriend that got really drunk at a party once and pierced both of her own nipples. Problem was that she was using an earring, and only in the morning did she realize that you have to pierce them SIDEWAYS not straight in.

Ah well, maybe one day I'll wake up drunk with a dandilion sticking out of jimmy.

Tamara Croft
08-05-2005, 12:29 AM
For what it's worth, belly button piercing are notorious for getting infected, since it's a in place that's one big lint trap.This is true, however, this is mostly due to unsterilized equipment and belly bars/rings. You can buy them off the shelf, open to germs and lets face it, how many actually go out and sterilize the bar/ring before wearing it? I had my belly button pierced in '98 and I never had a problem until I bought a bar last year and stupidly didn't sterilize it. It caused an infection that I cleared up by just bathing it with warm water everyday. Lesson learnt the hard way!!!

If you are thinking of getting your belly button pierced, go to a reputable place, check out their equipment and make sure it's in sterile packets or boxes. Make sure the person has washed their hands and are wearing surgical gloves. Listen to the person that tells you how to look after it. And lastly.... it takes at least a year to heal up properly before you should even contemplate putting another ring/bar in it. It's certainly NOT like having your ears pierced.

Tristen Cox
08-05-2005, 01:20 AM
I have removed my nip rings now and am totally without unnecessary holes again.
No comment :lol:

Kelly Ann
08-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Just passing am a cd. Looking good their hun.

ebony
08-05-2005, 12:43 PM
well maude
I have my ears, nose, and my navel pierced I wanted to have every femme piercing so when Im in femme I pass better and it looks real cute. When Im in drab no one seens to care so I never take them out try it you will like its not like a tatoo you can allways take it out and it will heal.

kymmieLorain
08-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Well I have both ears, both nipples and one lower. really no big deal with any of them.

For those who are thinking of getting pierced. I will give some advice. I have some good friends who helped write the tattoo and piercing health regs for the state of South Dakota.

DO NOT get pierced with a gun. piercing guns cannot be sterilized properly. Nor do the people have the proper training on piercing health care. With a gun you are pierced with "starter" ear studs. Which are also NOT sterile. plus take a look at starter studs. They are blunt, like a lacing needle. The gun forces the stud through your ear causing tearing of the ear.

The best way to get piercing is at a reputable body piercer. Most are professionaly trained. My friend she was trained by the best in the world, She herself is a trainer. She even took anatomy classes. ( did you know that the tear duct runs up by the eye brow. Improper piercing can cause dry duct condition, and health problems)
At a professional you get pierced by a needle made for body piercing. They are super sharp and accualy takes a plug out( symilure to a hole punch) which creates a tunnel for the jewlery to pass through. All the equipment is sterilized by an autoclave( read: hospital) and the needle is used one time then discarded. Most body piercers are subjext to dept of health reg and are inspected. How meny mall kosks are inspected by the health dept.

Improper body piercing can lead to great health problems. Also a professional body piercer can answer heath problems concerning the piercing. Can tell you if a crusty is a cause for concern or not. plus they will instruct you on proper after care. Can the 16 year old at the mall do that.

just a word of caution for my sisters.

Kymmie

Stephanie Mancini
08-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Having had my tummy button pierced and had to deal with infection i would like to endorse what Tamara has said previously, to go to a reputable place with sterile equipment and to follow the aftercare to the letter, also to avoid contaminated bathing water which is what caused my infection,

Steph

Marcyme
08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
I have had both ears pierced since I was 15 or so. Let them grow in a couple times, but been wearing them in drab for the last several years. Also have rook in the left ear and a barbell in the "lower" area....I swear it was the least painful of any of my piercings!!!!
I would love to do my bellybutton, but not until I loose the belly ;)
I would do my nose and more in the ears if I could get away with it at work.

Rachel Morley
08-05-2005, 11:43 PM
I've had my left ear pierced since I was 16 years old, but I've only had the other one done for the last 10 years. I do have another hole above the one in my left ear but I don't use it anymore.

In the past (before I met my wife Marla) I have considered piercing my tongue, and belly button but never got around to it. I came real close to doing my left nipple once but wimped out at the last minute.

Sweet Jeanette
08-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Tatoos?---Yes, ---piercings?----No-no!---The reason being: ---If you get into a fight, there are too many things attached to you, "through your skin", that make tempting targets to be pulled or ripped out of your hide!!!-----No-no-no, on piercings!!!

Samantha Jane
08-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I have had my left nipple pierced for 2 years now and whilst on holiday last week, I decided to have the other one done. :)
The body peircing place froze the nipple, so apart from a slight initial sting I felt no real pain. :eek:
I wanted my other ear pierced, but they don't use a gun and it did not occur to me me to get it done any other way. So this week it's the gun to get my other ear done.

That's as far as I'm going to go with piercing, nipples and ears is enough for me :D

Samantha xx

Tamara Croft
08-06-2005, 12:59 PM
DO NOT get pierced with a gun. piercing guns cannot be sterilized properly. Nor do the people have the proper training on piercing health care. With a gun you are pierced with "starter" ear studs. Which are also NOT sterile. plus take a look at starter studs. They are blunt, like a lacing needle. The gun forces the stud through your ear causing tearing of the ear.I found an old post of mine and thought I'd quote it here.

Infections and swelling when you have had your ears pierced is fairly common. It's most likely caused by the cheap earings and unsterile equipment. The earings that should be used are hyperallegenic, but even those can cause irritation. The earings should also be made with a indent so the butterfly clips onto this and cannot slip off. My ears react to these studs and I replaced them with silver.

I have a new type gun, the earings are in a sterile box and is then placed on the gun in a plastic mould.

http://www.estelle-england.co.uk/images/boxed_gun.jpg
New Type System

http://unimaxsupply.com/jlry/1ear/piercing-gun.jpg
Old Type System

If the person who is piercing your ears uses the old type gun... it's most likely they have touched the earings with unsterile hands... hence causing cross infection. If you are going to have your ears pierced, first make sure they wash their hands, if they are using the old type gun where they have to place the earing into the gun using their hands.... don't have it done.

Toyah
08-06-2005, 01:17 PM
I had my ear peirced with a gun, left one hell of a hole the other side, it was a 357 magnum I think.

Tristen Cox
08-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I had my ear peirced with a gun, left one hell of a hole the other side, it was a 357 magnum I think.
So that explains it then :whistling

Maude
08-06-2005, 02:21 PM

natalie
thank you for the encouragement. i had a belly button ring put in about an hour ago !
i think it is COOL ! we will see what Julie M thinks ?
m