PDA

View Full Version : young CD's

girlyman15
01-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Where is a good place for young CD's to go?

AmiFL
01-08-2010, 01:00 AM
here is a good start

Airazor
01-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Probably a psychiatrist, if your parents had their way :tongueout:

Schatten Lupus
01-08-2010, 01:54 AM
I'd look around for any local clubs, support groups, or anyother such places where like minded individuals congregate.

lavistaa62
01-08-2010, 08:47 AM
If there is a local LGBT support group they may know of therapists who will help you (without interference from your parents well meaning or otherwise) understand both your CD and where/if it will eventually lead anywhere. If you have strong tendencies or would consider TG then now is the time to find out about your options as transition as a teenager/college student is extremely difficult but less tramatic to others in your family than waiting until you're older. You'll be more comfortable with yourself either way if there are others who've been there done that to talk with- just so long as you're able to take your own direction and not be unduly influenced by anyone pushing you one way or the other. As you've no doubt heard from others here and elsewhere, the desire does not go away.

Chrissy8888
01-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I would like to weigh in on this one. You are 15 and at least to us come out, congratulations! I don’t know how long you have been dressing or had these desires but trust me that will not go away. At times they may be stronger than others. However don’t deny them. With that being said if you live in an area that has a good GLBT youth group I would start there. Most of them have crisis lines which will allow you to talk to somebody. Then you can also go there and meet others like you in a SAFE place. I am assuming that you are still in school. So going out can lead to trouble. People may not be tolerant and you could get hurt very badly both physically and emotionally. I would suggest waiting a few years before venturing out into the world. However I would recommend that you join a youth group so that you can discuss your feelings and emotions. You don’t want those to eat away at you.

Ze
01-08-2010, 10:40 PM
As far as online goes, we have a Young Members section right here on this forum. :)

Tamara Croft
01-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I would like to weigh in on this one. You are 15 and at least to us come out, congratulations!Er no, she is 20, or she wouldn't be allowed on this board.

angelfire
01-10-2010, 01:14 AM
As far as online goes, we have a Young Members section right here on this forum. :)

Was about to say. You beat me to it, Ze. No gold star for me :(

Ze
01-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Was about to say. You beat me to it, Ze. No gold star for me :(

Not to mention I owned you in your own section. Epic fail. :tongueout

:hugs: