PDA

View Full Version : People Make Fun of the Way You Dress?

Laurie909
01-08-2010, 02:11 AM
One reason I don't go "out" dressed more is I think (probably wrongly so) that people will make fun of the way I'm dressed. But really, isn't that silly? Example: Today I went out (in drab) grocery shopping. The temperature was about 24 degrees Fahrenheit and there was even snow on the ground. I saw one guy coming in the grocery store wearing flip-flops and another inside shopping wearing shorts. I was tempted to approach and say, "Excuse me but don't you think it's inappropriate to wear flip-flops or shorts when it's below freezing outside." Yeah I wanted to say that but if I had he might of said to me, "What the "F" business of yours is it what I wear. Get out of my way."

My point being I wasn't about to approach a stranger and tell him what to wear (especially at the risk of getting a punch in the face in return.) So why should we crossdresses be afraid to wear whatever WE want to wear.

Kickin' Crosser
01-08-2010, 02:19 AM
"Excuse me but don't you think it's inappropriate to wear flip-flops or shorts when it's below freezing outside."

Hell, back when I was at one college (I'm not at anymore, attending yet another), I ran outside in shorts and a tee-shirt when it was < 28 degrees out.... granted, I was doing a lot of running, being that this was for a Live-Action Role Playing Game (LARP) I was playing, but still, people looked at me like I was nuts running about campus like that.

Nicole Erin
01-08-2010, 04:41 AM
There should be a site called "shortsinwinter.com" for those weird peoploe who wear shorts when it is freezing! :eek: Or Flipflopsinsnow.com

OH my gyod what next? Men running around dressed like women? What is this world coming to?! Yeah I can see it now, they would have a site called crossdressers.com. I guess i should not give anyone any ideas.

Has the word gone mad?

Teri Jean
01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Laurie, first off I want to say I'm sorry about the cold weather you are having as here in sunny southern Minnesota it has been -24 degrees with wind chills in the -40 degrees. LOL The funny thing is we have kids at the university I work at that come to class in flip flops all year around. These are going to be our leaders some day.

To the point of the thread, one should not be concerned with the attire another is wearing unless it is nothing at all and even then there is a place for that. Question; is it CDing if one wears femme flip flops on a nude beach? LOL. The point is don't stop because someone else thinks it is wrong for you to wear a skirt to the grocery store, unless that someone is your SO. You may want to rethink that one then. Women won the right to wear vertually anything they want years ago. So go for it.

Teri

Stephenie S
01-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Dear Laurie,

Is someone making fun of the way YOU dress? Why? Do you need some help with your fashion sense? What is it about your clothes that people don't like? Perhaps were you to develop a more "pulled together" look people would not make fun of your clothes.

Often it's difficult to maintain a sense of fashion on a limited budget. Having to come up with a new outfit on a daily basis is a bit of a PIA, I must admit. I often have to think, "Now did I wear THIS the last time I saw those people?" My solution is to buy classic basics, with varied accessories. Buy quality, always with an eye toward how each piece will fit into your wardrobe, and how many ways you can vary the "look".

Lovies,
Stephenie

Wen4cd
01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Hehe, we were out in Walmart buying a kerosene heater last night because we were freezing to death, and suddenly my wife goes "LOOK! That girl is wearing SANDALS! What the hell is wrong with people? It's 10 degrees outside, and she's wearing sandals. What a damn show-off!"

I lol'd, and said "why don't you go tell her all about it?" And she shut up :D

Kate Simmons
01-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Not usually unless I'm dressed like a chipmunk or something.:)

Karren H
01-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Nope!! I dress nicely no mater what genders clothing it was designed for and although people know I crossdress.. They never make fun of the way I dress.. I do get crap at work when coming back from one of the mines..... I show up at the office not wearing a suit and tie.. After decades everyone expects me to dress up!

There was this kid In college that used to walk to school barefoot.. In a tee shirt In the winter.. And we typically got 300 inches of snow a year.. I didn't make fun of the way he dressed... I just thought he was an idiot!! Lol.

sherri52
01-08-2010, 10:07 AM
One advantage to being a crossdresser vs wearing shorts and flip flops during the cold months is that we are less likely to end up in the hospital

CATgirldo
01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Actually, there are very few rules these days. I see ladies wearing anything everywhere. Jeans to a fancy restaurant and Dresses to the grocery. As long as the clothes fit well and are neat and clean you're in. If you want to blend in you should dress for the occasion, but even "Appropriate" is a relative word these days!

CAT

Tomara
01-08-2010, 11:18 AM
My point being I wasn't about to approach a stranger and tell him what to wear (especially at the risk of getting a punch in the face in return.) So why should we crossdresses be afraid to wear whatever WE want to wear.[/quote]

I don't know why anyone would approach a stranger and tell them they should or shouldn't wear something.
It is their business what they wear.
And as crossdressers we should not be afraid to wear what we want to wear , it's no ones business !

Loni
01-08-2010, 11:46 AM
deffernt people can handle temps in deffernt ways.
me I can deal with low 40f no problem, but when it gets up to 80f I stay in under the cold air.

and if someone does not like what i have on. then i say lets go shopping on your dime for new clothing for me. :-)