PDA

View Full Version : Almost Busted! That Was Too Close!

Clare
08-03-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm Having a bad day today.

Running a couple of weeks late with Uni assignments and then today i realise that i don't have the Adobe Indesign software that is required for the coursework! A quick ring around to people i know to see if they can loan me a copy until i buy my own, but no luck.

Anyway, one of the people i rang is the Dad to my best mate and lives across the road from me. As i sounded a bit upset on the phone, he came over to check on me to see if i was ok (he's knows about my stress attack after the wife left me).

Anyway, here i am with pink fingernails in a metallic finish and he walks in! I was quick to stick my hands into my pockets - fortunately i didn't have undies/pantyhose/ladies slacks on today!

So we have a chat for about ten minutes with me trying to avoid using my hands. In the end, i said i'd drop over for arvo tea about 3-30pm and he left.

I thank God i got away with it. If he found out i was a XDR, that would automatically mean 80% of the people i know would eventually find out thereafter (although he's not a nasty person in that sense), it just would have got out over time.

So i breath a sign of relief and go to the bathroom - ONLY TO SEE THAT I HAD PINK LIP GLOSS ON! Oh @#$%&*! Well, it had mostly faded, so hopefully he didn't notice it. Damn, have to be more careful in the future!

Christine

Melissa Ryan
08-04-2005, 12:13 AM
That was lucky! Youve now got 15 minutes, to go check again before afternoon tea!!!!

........Melissa.........

Jamie M
08-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Doh ! Still , could have been worse i suppose , could have been scarlet lipstick and eyeliner or something ;)

Sigrid
08-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Christine, it sounds like he didn't even notice and if he did, then he wasn't really bothered. Either way, it's good news for you.

How did afternoon tea turn out?

michellej
08-04-2005, 10:55 AM
At least you didn't give him a big :kissing: for a thank you!