PDA

View Full Version : I have the best cousin!!

Ediosa
01-08-2010, 07:59 PM
My cousin is the best. She works at Walgreens and knows about my CDing (I told her a couple of years ago). Well Walgreens has a tendency to have good deals like buy one and get one free, or for very cheap stuff when it's going out of season. Well, she also get a good discount. I went over her house during the New Years Eve weekend and asked her for a favor. I was a little scared cause I really never discussed Cding with her for a long time. We talk about shoes and stuff but never about makeup. Well, I went to her and asked her for some help with eyeshadows for a good price. Well, she looked at my nails and noticed they were cracking and the color was bad. She asked me what kind I was using. I told her I was using a cheap color cause I really didn't want to make my sister and mom uncomfortable. Well, then asked me what colors I liked and what I had for nailpolish. I told her and she said that she can help. I also asked her about one color in which was amazing, sort of a reddish-brown. She knew right away what color I was talking about. The best part of this conversation was when she went into her bathroom and brought out a huge bag of nail polishes. I am talking about 60 to 80 different nail polishes. She tell me she gets them for a dollar to a little more than that. I was shocked. She then started giving me the ones she didn't use anymore. She also gave me the color which I loved on her cause she had two of them. By the end of the conversation, I ended up having over 15 different nail polish colors to include top coats and nail hardener foundations. Plus, she is going to go through her bag of makeup and look for other stuff she doesn't use and is going to give them to me. I feel so lucky and happy, it's amazing and great. I must admit that I have the best cousin. Oh, I also showed her a picture of me and she didn't believe it was me. She was totally shocked and said I look like a beautiful woman. She's very happy for me that I can get out and be who I want to be.

Oh, while she will be looking for makeup for me, I will be looking for shoes for her. She has a thing for shoes and buys them expensive, while I find them at a decent price. So far, I have bought her a pair of Guess shoes and 2B Bebe high heels pumps for a total of $30. She is in awe.

Its great to have family.

Elizabeth
:love:

jenna_woods
01-08-2010, 08:07 PM
you are luckey to have her, sounds like you both are makeing out, makeup for shoes

Elaine Michelle
01-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey Elizabeth!

I really enjoyed your post. The joy I detected as your cousin showered you with nail polish warmed my heart as much as the hot cocoa that I am drinking here in the chilly south.

Have fun with your new nail polish!

And hug your cousin!

Elaine

Sara Jessica
01-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Support and acceptance, no matter where it comes from, is such a wonderful thing. You are very lucky and your cousin clearly has a heart of gold!!!

helena.gcd
01-08-2010, 08:54 PM
it is great to have that support from her!!!! but if you have find those shoes for her at that price, then i must say that she is the one who has the best cousin.:)

hugs

sherri52
01-08-2010, 10:16 PM
You are the lucky one Elizabeth. You have a cousin who not only accepts you but gets you make up. How cool is that.

Ediosa
01-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I know I'm lucky, isn't it great!!
:)