PDA

View Full Version : bathroom

Sexyalexis
01-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Just wanted to know when you girls dress what bathroom do you use? Say you are in the mall dressed up do you go to the womens bathroom or the mens. can you get into legal trouble if you use the womens bathroom when dressed as a man.

msniki48
01-09-2010, 09:54 AM
touchy subject still!

some states have laws against using the ladies room. Nj and NY , i believe if you are expressing yourself as a woman.[totally dressed] you can use the ladies room.

i try to use the handicap rm if there is one...unless i am sure it is a TG friendly establishment. and i definately sit whe i pee....lol

good luck

msniki48

Joni Marie Cruz
01-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Since I hate standing in front of a urinal with my skirt hiked up around my waist, I use the women's restroom. So far, I've never been hassled, but I do make it a point to get in and get out and not linger to fuss with my hair or re-do my makeup.

I have heard of tgirls getting cited for disorderly conduct, though it seems unfair since I have seen women using the stalls in the men's room at sporting events and so on. My take on it is if you're only in there to use the facilities and not hanging around because the sound of women peeing is exciting then there shouldn't be any problems.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Hi Niki-

I'm not disagreeing or contradicting you, but this has been the subject of numerous other threads and so far as I know, no one has been able to come up with a state statute or county or city ordinance that specifically address restroom use in regard to birth gender or gender presentation. If anyone can cite a specific law it would be very intersting.

As I mentioned, I have heard at second or third hand of someone being cited but the charges are usually disorderly conduct or something along that line. If there's anyone who has actually been cited themselves, would you mind letting us know what you were charged with and how it was resolved?

Hugs...Joni Mari

touchy subject still!

some states have laws against using the ladies room. Nj and NY , i believe if you are expressing yourself as a woman.[totally dressed] you can use the ladies room.

i try to use the handicap rm if there is one...unless i am sure it is a TG friendly establishment. and i definately sit whe i pee....lol

good luck

msniki48

Janet Bern
01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
When I am enfemme (I am very tall) I use the womans room when I have to use a bathroom. I have done it many times with no problems. All of the bathrooms I have used were small (2,3 or 4 stalls) I sit, use the stalls and wipe with paper. Wash my hands and my apply some lipstick if there is noone around and leave promptly. There really is no other option.
Janet

AKAMichelle
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Colorado has laws protecting your right to use the women's restroom when dressed as a woman. Now just because you can - doesn't mean you should always. If you are in a place with a lot of young children, then I would suggest you find the family restroom or a private store's restroom.

You can also go into the dressing room to try on clothes. But there again you should use good judgement.

I don't think we should cause a problem for young girls and their parents. I think that we should take that into consideration when we ask that question of if we should.

msginaadoll
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
I have always used the ladies room. Generally try to make sure that is not busy, or occupied. Might be interesting to go into mens room just to see what happens.

MissAmy
01-09-2010, 12:00 PM
If you're dressed like man? Defaintly don't go into the ladies room.

NV Susan
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
When dressed en femme I will use the ladies room or the family restroom if available, but always the men's restroom when underdressed but in outer drab clothing.....

sfwarbonnet
01-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Be sure you sit in the ladies restroom so your feet aren't pointed in the "wrong" way. Another femine touch is to unroll and crinkle the TP before flusing.

Daniela76
01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I've had a joke for a long time.
"A woman can walk into a men's washroom. She will get hooted at & teased. A man walks into a women's washroom, he gets arrested."

As a man, use the men's!! Unless it's single use & you REALLY have to go! (Had that happen a couple times)

If en femme, be cautious but use the women's or family restroom. Unless you're feeling really brave (read: stupid) & want a confrontation in the men's room.
I agree with what was said in earlier posts. Women can be very accepting, but we don't need to confuse young girls with our presence. Just be quick & surreptitious if you see any. You know the whole thing about women making eye contact? Skip it if you see a young girl in the women's room. I mean younger than say 14. Teenagers are weird enough anyway and might not have a problem with it. Or they're so absorbed in their group they might not even see you anyway!

kimmy p
01-09-2010, 02:05 PM
My wife, who knows about me, loves, and supports me, is absolutely adamant about genetics counting more than clothing when determining bathroom use. I've seen it myself. GG's for the most part don't want GM's in the women's restroom. Find a spot with unisex or family restrooms. Or make sure you go to some where TG friendly where the people just don't care. I for one wouldn't want to be pounded upon by a irate boyfriend/husband.

sherri52
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
In drab I use the mens, enfemme i use the ladies

boardpuppy
01-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I agree with Sherri and have done the same. However have also stayed in the stall's untill a lady and daughter have left the facilities.

Hugs,
Alice