PDA

View Full Version : passing on passing

lycra shimmer
01-09-2010, 09:43 AM
reading the posts here you quickly realize that crossdressing is a diverse phenomenon that means lots of different things to lots of different people. nevertheless, there are some common patterns and one the most prominent is passing. this seems for many to be the 'gold standard' of crossdressing, and that makes a certain amount of sense since the objective of many crossdressers is actually to be seen as women.

but i'm wondering about crossdressers like me who really don't care about passing and don't try. technically i'm still a crossdresser because i wear women's clothes and enjoy doing it; it's an expression of who i am. but i don't think of myself as a woman and thus i don't really feel a burning need to 'pass' as one. in fact, for me, obsessing over passing imposes a burden that robs the joy of what i'm doing when i crossdress. i like to incorporate women's clothing into a femme presentation of myself, but i definitely don't care about going the whole nine yards with passing. it seems like a separate world to me.

i should probably say that i'm gay, so i think that when i go out crossdressed it's perhaps easier for me to see what i'm doing as part of a 'sissy fag' identity that i'm playing with under the umbrella of my gayness, and so i don't mind if most people who see me see me as 'gay' even though (1) most crossdressers are str8 and (2) i am admittedly reinforcing stereotypes about gay men that still persist in the minds of many (i.e. they wear women's clothes).

still i find crossdressing as a gay man very liberating and fulfilling, probably because i (and i'm only speaking for myself) feel that it allows me to express a dimension of my gayness. maybe this is why i don't care about passing! seems i just answered my own question! but i'll post anyway. thanks girls!

Miranda09
01-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Lycra, don't worry about definitions. If you like it and it feels comfortable, go with it. We all have our own drives and reasons for doing what we do, and it's all good. Have fun..be happy!! :)

lycra shimmer
01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
thanks girl. lovely picture by the way!

Miranda09
01-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks hun....:o

Joni Marie Cruz
01-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi Lycra-

Whatever butters your boat or floats your toast, honey. I have some gay friends, as well as a brother who is gay, and to me the femmy/sissy presentation is far better than the uber-macho/leather/rough-trade attitude.

Hugs...Joni Mari