PDA

View Full Version : Ever see a GG and wonder if she was TV/CD?

StarrOfDelite
01-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Yesterday I went shopping at an outdoor/camping store, looking for some hiking boots, and a woman in blue jeans, suede snow boots, and a short white ski parka walked rapidly past me into the store. I was following behind, at a less rapid pace, and noted that she was tall and slender, and that aroused my interest both as a man and a CD. By happenstance (I wasn't stalking her, really) we checked out at the same time, and I noticed that she was about my height, 5'11", slender with practically no breasts visible beneath the sweater she was wearing under the parka, a shortish page boy haircut which obscured a lot of her face when she was bent over rummaging in her purse, and she had a fairly prominent nose. Her voice was definitely feminine, and she had painted nails, but I didn't get a chance to see if her hands and adam's apple were disproportionately large for a woman. I'm 99% sure she was a G-girl, but have to admit that I have wondered about this several times in the last 24 hours.

There are two things I'm questioning about my reactions. Is whether or not I obsess about this stuff because I am CD/TV myself, and am sometimes paranoid about being "made" and embarrassed (I still haven't gotten over the midwestern mindset even tho I've been living in Manhattan where no one cares for almost a year). Does anybody else look at tall slender G-Girls with a critical eye and wonder?

The other part is, that I felt that I could have looked just as feminine and pretty wearing the same clothes, and if that is true then why wasn't I out wearing pretty jeans and snow boots instead of Dockers and tweeds?

Ediosa
01-09-2010, 11:36 AM
I check out women all the times, therefore, there has been tons of occassions when I think a gg could be a possible CD. Like it is said, women come in all different shapes and sizes.

Carole
01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Some GG's do have a prominent Adam's Apple, so it's not a 100% give-away for us luckily!!!!!

KarenHiller
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM
I was with another cd girl at a club on Halloween years ago, and she pointed out a woman she thought was one of us. I didn't think so, so I walked over and asked her, after telling her I was sure she was a woman. She was, and we're still friends to this day :)

Karen

Loni
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
the lady that maired my uncle could very easy pass as a cd.
bit larger then the norm, deep voice(for a girl), clumsey like a guy,

so yes we all come in varied sizes.

Sally2005
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM
All the time, but mostly to see how many male features females have and to learn how I can deal with them. I have one friend who's girlfriend is so close to the line, if she ever told me she was transgender I would have no problem believing her, but it doesn't really matter. She has a lot of typically male hobbies similar to myself so I enjoy talking to her about that stuff. I'm not sure I would ask anyone -the- question, unless I was secure enough to tell them about myself first and they responded with a 'me too!'.

Rachel Morley
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Does anybody else look at tall slender G-Girls with a critical eye and wonder?
I don't look at them and wonder if they are TG, but I do look at them and think to myself: "hey Rachel, take a look ... see, GGs come in all shapes and sizes so don't think you have to conform to a stereotype to be considered "female". There are other dynamics going on as well - remember that" :)

windycissy
01-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Yep, the other day I was walking behind a large woman who had trouble keeping her feet in her heels and I thought sure she was one of us till we got on the elevator together and struck up a conversation, the sweetest woman you've ever met...just goes to show, there are graceless, clumsy big girls out there just like there are effeminate men who would never dream of crossdressing.

StarrOfDelite
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
it was more like there are tall ggirls who don't fit my mental stereotypes, so why should i worry about other people's preconceptions of what i should look like.

"we all must do what we all must do, or what we all must do will not get done."

I don't look at them and wonder if they are TG, but I do look at them and think to myself: "hey Rachel, take a look ... see, GGs come in all shapes and sizes so don't think you have to conform to a stereotype to be considered "female". There are other dynamics going on as well - remember that" :)

LauraCassidy
01-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Anytime I see a woman that is over 5'11" I take a second glance to make sure! But seriously I think apart from the obvious gender difference there is a continuum from the most petite delicate GG to the stockiest, burliest, strongest man. I have a few male friends that are very feminine looking (and if they are were crossdressers and wanted to pass it would be a walk in the park for them!) and likewise a few female friends that look and act in a most masculine way!!!?

Tess
01-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I look at all women, not just the tall ones. There has to be more than height to make me wonder if they are a CD. Usually its a combination of things such as how they move, how their hair style fits their face, plus the obvious of hands and Adam's apple. I can't help but feel admiration when I'm pretty sure they are a CD. I know how brave they have to be.

Brandi Wyne
01-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I recall an experience a few years ago, when I was still not ready to dress and go out but was still wearing lingerie, etc. at home. One day as I was leaving work, a large, I mean tall and endowed, woman with long, straight hair, a provocative mini skirt and tight top with very high heels walked out of the nail salon in the same plaza. As she walked to her car, I had the distinct feeling she was CD/TG. A lovely look but just didn't quite seem the GG. I lacked the courage to approach and ask as I might get my ass kicked or a gun in my face, but it encouraged me to pursue my desire to dress and go out, too.:daydreaming:

lisalove
01-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Everytime I see Wendy Williams on the BET channel. I wonder if she is a GG or not.

pushpa
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Please apologize my stupid question.
Could anyone tell me what is the meaning of "GG" ?

Carole
01-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Pushpa 'GG' is short for Genuine Girl.

pattysues
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
lisalove wrote;
Everytime I see Wendy Williams on the BET channel. I wonder if she is a GG or not.

I saw her the other night for the first time and thought the same.

Paula T
01-09-2010, 04:33 PM
a couple of weeks ago and spotted what I thought to be a CD but she was with another GG and just couldn't find a way at the time to get closer for a better and of course indicreet look. But she was very thin and short too, but was just something about her that said to me she might be one of us. She had sunglasses on even in the store so that was maybe my clue as I have done that on occasion.:)

theresa
01-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Yep, the other day I was walking behind a large woman who had trouble keeping her feet in her heels and I thought sure she was one of us till we got on the elevator together and struck up a conversation, the sweetest woman you've ever met...just goes to show, there are graceless, clumsy big girls out there just like there are effeminate men who would never dream of crossdressing.

Right on the money here. The world is filled with all sorts of people, male, female, all shapes and sizes. It's somewhat reassuring to me that some GG women experience the same insecurities that I might have. Maybe that shouldn't be so surprising to me, after all, we are share the same humanity.

brassieres
01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
There was one woman who was at my work who I thought was a trannsgender, but I did not know for sure.

Then there was another time 20 years ago when I worked at a supermarket and figured out that he cashier was a man. Sure enough, something happened of some sort, I do not know what, but in any case this turned out to be true!

Kate Simmons
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Not in the least Hon. Gender is the last thing on my mind when I consider/interact with people.:)

AmandaM
01-10-2010, 12:02 AM
I worked with a woman who was all chick, about ten years later, I saw her ad on a forum looking for men who don't mind dating a pre-op TS! I was seriously fooled!

Janet Bern
01-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I have been out dressed on many occasions. I am always on the lookout for CDs. I am yet to even have a clue. I really believe that anyone that works at makeup wigs and wears conservative clothes will "pass". Mainly because we are the only ones that are looking to find us.
Oh well. Someday I may find one in Macys.
Janet

audreyinalbany
01-10-2010, 12:17 PM
I've got to agree with janet on this one. I'm always looking at women, probably as a way to assure myself that I'm not really that homely as a woman and don't really stand out that much, and I find that very few women are drop dead gorgeous and that, by and large most people are really somewhat androgynous.

Monica Santos
01-11-2010, 01:30 AM
If you/we were not CD'rs, we probably would not have given it a second thought

Sarah Doepner
01-11-2010, 01:53 AM
I look at women and wonder if they could be male and I look at men and wonder what they would look like if they decided to crossdress. It's a wonderful passtime with no end to the pleasure it brings and the number of chances to play on a daily basis.