PDA

View Full Version : Big news for Spacey.

Spacey
01-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Last week I started therapy. A big step in it's own for me. It went well and I left that session feeling good about myself for a change. Since that night it seems I'm having a hard time holding things in. Last night I was visiting my sister. Just the two of us and our kids. We had lots to talk about. She is having a difficult time in her life and we just let everything come out. Kids were asleep and we really got deep into things. Then I did it! I came out to her. She held me and said it was ok and nothing bad. Oh how I cried! She asked if in the past I had worn her cloths and I said yes. She was fine with it. She asked how I felt doing it and I told her I feel at piece with myself. I showed her pictures of me. And she said I look great but could use a little help. She is a hair stylist, great with cosmetics and has an awesome sense of style. Now I have some hand me downs coming and someone who could shop with me. It is so great to have her support and I'm so relieved.

Brandi Wyne
01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
A bold step and I applaude you for it.

Hugs

sherri52
01-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Congrats Spacey. It's nice to have someone in your corner.

carolinoakland
01-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Good news Spacey, just be honest with yourself and you will find that the therapist doesn't have any answers for you... you already know the answer. We all need a little help in learning how to ask the question. For me it was, Am I a CD or a TS? Once I knew that answer the next question was, "now what?" . And I bet if your experience is anything like mine, you don't reaize just how heavy these questions are, until you answer them and don't have to carry them around anymore. Carol

Spacey
01-09-2010, 02:02 PM
A bold step and I applaude you for it.

Thank you. I felt ten tons heavy just before the words came out and then ten tons lighter afterwards.

Hugs

Congrats Spacey. It's nice to have someone in your corner.

The best person I think.

Thank you Carol. I'm learning that it true.

NV Susan
01-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow Spacey, sounds like you have a great supportive sister, you two are so lucky to have each other.... :hugs:

MJ
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
thats great news sis :hugs:

DiannaRose
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Spacey, that is so great! Not that both you and your sister have been having a hard time, but that you've both grown a little closer because of the difficulties. Okay, sounds like a lot closer. :) I am so happy that you've got some truly excellent support! Combined with your therapy, it will go a long way toward making you completely happy with who you are.

Well done!

Spacey
01-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks everyone again. Dianna I'm very lucky to have her in my life and not just for this.

Natasha TG
01-11-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm so happy for you Spacey. here is to a whole new great chapter in your life:hugs: and a special bond between you and your sister.

Spacey
01-11-2010, 12:23 AM
I should ask her if she always wanted a big sister.:doh::D