PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a woman, but I am a "Wife"

Danielle Gee
01-09-2010, 04:36 PM
As any of you girls who read my posts know, I’ve had quite a holiday season. It began a couple of days before Christmas with an argument about money. Then we drove to Charlotte to spend Christmas with my oldest Daughter. During our visit my Honey contracted some sort of intestinal flu. She pretty much spent the entire 4 days either in bed or in the bathroom. After she recovered somewhat we made the long drive back to Ohio through heavy traffic. The 1st day home I was told by my Dr. that he was 90% sure I was in the beginning stages of Parkinson’s. In the meantime my Honeys condition fails to improve and after going to her Dr. She was informed she had a urinary tact infection. As a consequence I spent most of my 10 day holiday vacation alone…thinking. And here’s the conclusions I’ve drawn…… I’M THE “WIFE” IN OUR RELATIONSHIP!!!!

Here is my reasoning…

I do 90% of the woman’s work, cooking, cleaning, dusting, laundry, making beds etc.

I have on or am wearing at least one women’s item at least 90% of the time.

I subscribe to “Oprah” and “Woman’s World”

My bathroom is predominantly pink with roses motif

My bedroom has lace curtains, frilly bedspread and curtains, and several dolls.

I cross dress on the average of at least twice a week.

I like chic-flicks and often cry.

I love to go shopping and can spend hours at the mall

She on the other hand…

Handles all the family finances and has the final say in most decisions

Tends to the yard and her garden (I do mow the grass)

She tends our wood-burning stove in the winter and carries in all the firewood

She takes care of our horses, feeds them, mucks out the stalls, and any thing else needed.

In short, she tends to about 90% of the “Guy” stuff.

So as you may imagine we’re deliriously happy most of the time I believe the secret to true happiness is to find ones niche in the life and enjoy the situation to the fullest!!

Do any of you other girls enjoy a similar situation??

Tiffany Leigh
01-09-2010, 04:46 PM
First of all, sorry about ya'lls health issues, second...sorry about the rain Christmas day...it was kinda wet in NC.:hugs:

moses
01-09-2010, 04:46 PM
...my SO and I determined that the reason our previous marriages failed is that there were two women in "his" relationship and two men in my relationship. Since I am more masculine and he (I'll use the masculine since that is how the kids see him) is more feminine, we seem to complete each other a lot more appropriately than any of the other partner choices we have ever made.

theresa
01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=Danielle Gee;2002601]I believe the secret to true happiness is to find ones niche in the life and enjoy the situation to the fullest!!

Totally agree. Good luck on the Parkinsons. I know they have made a lot of progress in treating this disease in recent years. We have a girlfriend whom has had this for many years and she is still doing very well and the disease is in remission as a result of the treatments.