PDA

View Full Version : Wel, my mom found out...

Kickin' Crosser
01-10-2010, 01:23 AM
I've been living at home, going to college near where I live.

My mom is the only one who knows I CD - and accepts it.

She found out that I have been purchasing some clothes on my many excursions up and across the county by train in the last month.

What does she do?

Tell me to throw some of it away?

Chastise me 24/7 for being financially irresponsible?

Nope.

Gives me a large box to keep it all in, solid black, non-translucent sides.

It feels good to have an accepting parent to help me out.

Jamz1b
01-10-2010, 01:27 AM
AW! That is so sweet of her! I wonder what makes moms seem to be able to accept things a little more than others. (I know thats not always the case).

I havent come out to my family in any way, not sure I ever will. BUT I only hope that if i get found out that I get similar reactions.

AllieSF
01-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Congratulations to your Mom for being so understanding. Now the key to future success is to talk to her and keep her informed. Not with all the details but with your feelings toward it, coming out to your Dad or other family members, and your appreciation for her support. The other important thing is to not violate her trust and bring your problems and issues to or upon her, unless you are specifically requesting her support.

summerishot
01-10-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm very happy for you that your mom accepts you for who you are.

Samantha_Smile
01-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Thats awesome.

I'd have loved to haave had acceptance and dignity like that at home. Guess I'll never know if I could have had it.
Keeping it behind closed doors will do that I guess.

Tell your mum she's alright in my book!

Cary
01-10-2010, 04:21 AM
That's wonderful! :)

noeleena
01-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Hi ..
so lovely to hear .
...noeleena...

natasha_laure
01-10-2010, 10:02 AM
That's one cool mum! You're very lucky

Samantha B L
01-10-2010, 10:06 AM
You're one lucky girl,Kickin' Crosser. I'm glad for you

Maija
01-10-2010, 12:14 PM
You have a great mom.

Kickin' Crosser
01-10-2010, 01:00 PM
The only limitation imposed is that the quantity of clothes is not to exceed the capacity of this box... which is good for me since I'm fighting the proverbial "pink fog" effect, BUT at the same time problematic, since I'm getting rid of one puffy coat [doesn't fit right, not liking the material/color], but that increases the capacity exponentially.

KristinSkye
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Limitation or not, that was very sweet and understanding of your mom. As far as the space issue goes I bet you could fit a lot of miniskirts in there so its not all so bad :heehee:

Jess
01-10-2010, 02:11 PM
When I was in my teens, I almost got caught by my parents. I'm sure they would have had me committed. Thankfully, I got all of my clothes hidden, but did not get my [I]special[I] magazines put up in time. They put me into counseling over some silly mags! Can you imagine if they had found my clothes?

sherri52
01-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Great news for you and congrats to mom for being accepting.:cheer:Yay MOM:cheer:

Christina Horton
01-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I am glad your mom accept your CDing. When I told my mom and family she hated it for 17 years until last year when she finally excepted it and we have even gone out shopping and Christina had her first Christmas . She gave me makeup and stuff she has not been able to give to my sister cuz My sister is gay and a big tom boy. She found it strange to write on the tags To Christina , she said " the prob is I don't have a daughter named Christina. "
We had a good laugh and I love the fact she has come so far even though it took 17 years. Oh I told my family at age 21. I was still living at home and did not go out dressed out in public until 2008 Aug 9th. So feel lucky that she is ok with it but don't push it let her get used to it and slowly spoon feed her a little at a time. If you push her you might just make her take a 180 and forbid you to dress or buy clothes witch will be worse then being limited to one tote. Have fun and hug your mom for all of us hun.

Tomara
01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I wish my mom was that supportive , she found and threw out several of my stashes when I lived at home , she never said anything after the first time she just made everything disappear !
Tomara

Kickin' Crosser
01-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Limitation or not, that was very sweet and understanding of your mom. As far as the space issue goes I bet you could fit a lot of miniskirts in there so its not all so bad :heehee:

Indeed. Tomorrow I go to a video game arcade [to play my favorite game, DDR :D:D] that is down the street from a Salvation Army that I haven't been to yet, I'm going to get in to the area early, that way I can do some train spotting [geeky enough for you yet?] and hit the SA before the arcade opens, see if their offerings are better than the one I went to already.

belindat
01-10-2010, 05:58 PM
I wish I could tell my mum. My late father would have killed me, if he knew, but I think mum would be ok if the shock didn't kill her first. Mother inlaw 'may' be ok after the initial shock but father in law would run a mile, or kill me. Daughter knows some detail but to what extend I don't know. Her husband is a very conservative teacher at a religeous school. So he would cut me off the christmas list, :) , for sure. We live in a small country town where I think they still burn witches. So got out publicly would not be wsie.

So just my wife supports me, nice, very nice, but I wish I could be what I am all the time and not have to hide who and what I am.

Christina Horton
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I wish I could tell my mum. My late father would have killed me, if he knew, but I think mum would be ok if the shock didn't kill her first. Mother inlaw 'may' be ok after the initial shock but father in law would run a mile, or kill me. Daughter knows some detail but to what extend I don't know. Her husband is a very conservative teacher at a religeous school. So he would cut me off the christmas list, :) , for sure. We live in a small country town where I think they still burn witches. So got out publicly would not be wsie.

So just my wife supports me, nice, very nice, but I wish I could be what I am all the time and not have to hide who and what I am.

Funny thing the person you think will be fine with it could be the person whom hates it the most and vice versea. Like in my case. When I told my family I KNEW my mom would be ok with it and my Dad would hate it. Well guess what my mom was the one who hated it to the extreme and my dad was ok with it. So you never know who will be ok with it.

So YNK.

LIKETODRESS2
01-10-2010, 07:09 PM
That is cool wish my mom would have reacted the same way when she cought me

SteveDallas
01-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Best. Mom. Ever.

Sally2005
01-11-2010, 12:36 AM
oh oh... I hope the box doesn't disappear once you put everything in it! Joking. Perhaps the limit is to help you avoid spending too much on your shopping trips.

Sarah Doepner
01-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Girlfriend, you better remember her birthday, anniversary, how special she is when Valentines Day and Crhistmas roll around.

Chari
01-11-2010, 09:51 AM
It is soooo fantastic that your sweet Mom accepts your CD side! Always communicate with her and thank her for understanding. Ask her questions about makeup tips, hairstyles, buying cute outfits, shopping, and doing those special things that a Mother and "daughter" like doing together. Thanx for sharing.

young_victoria
01-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow, that's amazing!

I think my mum might know already... I'm not 100% sure, but I think she's found fake tan and a box from asos that listen what had been in it - high heels, dresses etc. So no proof, but she must suspect something. I she knows I dressed up when I was 4/5, but thought it was a 'faze'.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I've been living at home, going to college near where I live.

My mom is the only one who knows I CD - and accepts it.

She found out that I have been purchasing some clothes on my many excursions up and across the county by train in the last month.

What does she do?

Tell me to throw some of it away?

Chastise me 24/7 for being financially irresponsible?

Nope.

Gives me a large box to keep it all in, solid black, non-translucent sides.

It feels good to have an accepting parent to help me out.

I envy you. Wow. :)

KristinSkye
01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Indeed. Tomorrow I go to a video game arcade [to play my favorite game, DDR :D:D] that is down the street from a Salvation Army that I haven't been to yet, I'm going to get in to the area early, that way I can do some train spotting [geeky enough for you yet?] and hit the SA before the arcade opens, see if their offerings are better than the one I went to already.

haha, yes you've officially outgeeked me at train spotting :P although I play a mean game of DDR... Any luck @ the other SA?

Lee51964
01-20-2010, 04:19 AM
be sure to tell your mom you love her everyday and listen to what she tells you

Crysten
01-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Well, when I was MUCH younger, and my mom found out - her response was to take me to a psychologist. Exactly once. And then to never mention itt again. Nice huh.

Tina L.
01-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Sounds like a great mom, but don't think for one second that she didn't already know. that's how moms are i think my mom knew before i did.

Tina L.

Jun-chan
01-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Have everyone already said your mom's awesome? They have? Well, I'll say it anyway. Your mom's awesome.

Loni
01-21-2010, 01:45 PM
yes mom's are great,:love:

mine is the only family i have left, (other than my uncels family in oregon..but another story there:doh:).

she accepts...but all i get for gifts are boy things.:eek:
( i must have 80 - 90 t-shirts with "boy" things printed on them)

AmiFL
01-21-2010, 03:09 PM
When are you going to dress up for her?????

angpai30
01-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Dressing up for her might be overstepping the bounds a little right now, but I agree you have a wonderfully fantastic mom!!!

Hannah~~