PDA

View Full Version : What Happens in Vegas, . . .

Kathi Lake
01-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Wow, what a fun week! From shopping last Monday to tonight. It has been a blast!

Today, I was really bold. I showed two relative strangers my picture as Kathi. The first was a local girl helping us with the trade show crowd. She would help with scanning badges, handing out raffle tickets and pointing questions to the correct geek (usually me). She seemed so very nice and we hit it off great.

I asked her what she did last night, and she said that her and a friend were going to go to the Divas Las Vegas drag show, but never made it. For some odd reason, insanity possessed me, and I blurted out how cool that would have been, and that I had even dressed up as a woman in the past. That piqued her interest - and not just raised-eyebrow interest, but full-on "tell me more!" interest. I told her that I'd been doing it for years, and even had a picture or two, if she wanted to see. She was definitely interested, so I showed her the usual Kathi Pics - the one with the herringbone skirt and black ruffled top, the one in the black and white gown (you all know the ones). When she saw the first one, she looked me over, looked at my iPhone, looked me over again and said, "Wow. You are a very pretty woman. Look at your body! After two kids, I'm jealous!" I smiled and laughed and said, "Well, what else is a skinny guy like me supposed to do with a body like that?"

Through the course of the day, she kept asking to see the pictures again, and complimenting me on how realistic and convincing I was, and asking lots of questions, like "What does your wife think? Do your kids know and what do they think? Do your friends know? Do you want to be a woman - because you look so feminine in this?" and others. I told her about my oldest finding out, what my wife thought about it, and how some friends felt. I told her that sometimes I slipped while talking, with either a bit of knowledge that I shouldn't know, or said something I shouldn't.

Overall, it was a very positive experience. Granted, I'll probably never see this woman again, but I'd like to think that I made a positive impression on her. She sure led me to believe that was the case with her attitude and her words on how cool she thought it was. As my BS detector never went off (and it is really sensitive!), I think she was telling the truth.

The next woman was a former Miss Nevada. She was in a booth that was usually crowded with people getting their picture taken with her. It was near lunchtime, and there was no one around, so I wandered over. The first thing I noticed (OK, the 13th or 14th :)), was her shoes. Without thinking (my usual mode of operation), I blurted out, "Oh my gosh, cute shoes! Those are from bebe, right? They're soooo comfortable, aren't they! After a second or two of awkward pauses from each of us, she smiled (dazzling!) and said that they were from bebe, and that I was right, they were comfortable. We talked more about how even though they were so high, that the platform made it easy to walk in, and as many pageants as she had been in, she knew a lot about walking in heels. I said that I agreed, they were very easy to walk in. She said I had great taste in shoes.

I then said, "You're probably wondering why I know so much about this stuff." I then pulled out my iPhone and showed her my favorite Kathi picture. She said, "She's gorgeous! Who's that?" I said to look again. She looked again, and looked back at me blankly. I said, "It's me!" She could not believe it. She took my iPhone and looked closer, looking back and forth between me and the picture. "Wow, you're incredible! Is this a glamour shot?" I told her that no, I did the hair and makeup myself. She said that I could enter pageants, looking like that.

I then said I loved her dress. She said it also was from bebe, and that she had gotten it on sale for only $24.00 (if you know bebe, you'll know that that is a great price!). We talked more about how we loved bebe, and she said that I should get the dress, and that it would look beautiful on my long, slender body. I thanked her for her compliments and said that I did indeed love dressing that way. She agreed, and said that what I did was just another persona, just like when she glammed herself up, she was another persona. "The pushup bra for the boobs, the hair, the makeup, the clothes and shoes, it's just one part of me, just one part of being a woman, just like you dressing up and letting the part of you that's a woman shine out." Wow, I wanted to hug this woman. :)

She then said with a smile, "So girl, do you have a boyfriend? I'll bet he loves that body of yours!" I told her that I actually had a wife. She looked confused. "You mean a wife wife? Like a woman? You're straight? Wowwwwwww! Sorry, but all during this time when we were chatting, you seemed so, . . . you know, girly. Wow. As pretty as you are, that must be hard on her. I told her that it was hard on my wife sometimes, and that I still tried to be the man she married. She said that her husband had long, gorgeous hair down to his lower-back, but was definitely a man's man. I said so was I - sometimes. :)

I said goodbye and she said "It was nice chatting, girlfriend!" Off I went, floating back to my booth. When I got there, I told the girl helping out about my conversation. Later, Miss Nevada passed by my booth, along with a guy with long, black hair (her husband, I'm sure). She saw me, smiled, and gave me a hello and a wave. The other guys in the booth said, Wow, you know her or something. I said, "Or something" with a smirk. The girl and I traded smiles at his. "She seemed pretty friendly with you. I wish she'd be friendly with me" they said with a laugh. I just said that I guess I had a womanly way, or a way with women - something like that."

Life hands us many opportunities. You have to be ready to grab those opportunities. Swallow your fear. Don't listen to the voices telling you that you can't do it. Just get out there and do it.

Anyway, after I pack to get out of Vegas, I'll post more about my night tonight!

Kathi

Tara Lutschich
01-10-2010, 03:15 AM
Hey Kathi, great post. A whole week in Vegas, cool. Gadgets trade show? A company I worked for for 15 years we did an annual fun trip but only 3 days, in those years we did 10 trips to Vegas, had a blast.

So true about fears, whether CD-public or just life stuff, we get all warped out about stuff and then when we do it, no reason for the pre-stress and worry. Great people you had chance to get to know.

Sihaya
01-10-2010, 04:39 AM
heh, i was in vegas from wed-friday. Stayed at the Excalibur. Wasn't there for CES or anything, just a little vacation. Ended doing alot of shopping, fun trip overall, my first time there. And i won more money than i lost so win win!

Raychel
01-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Sounds like a great time Kathi, Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Loni
01-10-2010, 08:38 AM
do not eat the food at the excaliber. I got bad food there, never been that sick in my life, don't even wish it on my ex.

but great story, if no wife sounds like you could have had a couple great dates.

Sara Jessica
01-10-2010, 10:35 AM
What a fun post-script to your Vegas adventures. And you describe everything so well that we feel like the proverbial fly on the wall.

It's wonderful to find acceptance in unexpected places. Yes, you are brave to share as you did, trust me, it doesn't always come out so rosy but quite often it's just as you describe... intrigue, curiousity and genuine "live-and-let-live" attitudes prevail.

So perhaps in fond remembrance of your adventures upon returning home you will find yourself having that little talk and booking a return trip in April!!! ;)

(mischievious, aren't I???)

Kathi Lake
01-10-2010, 10:39 AM
(mischievious, aren't I???)Ever and always, SJ. Ever and always.

:)

Kathi

Sherry-Stephanie
01-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Someone get some rope so we can tie it around Katti's ankles to keep her from floating away!!!!

Feels great doesn't it girl!!!! LOL

MarcieBflo
01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Kathi,
Your not only beautiful, but can write too . . . I also go their once a year for a trade show/convention. Always wanted to go out dressed their. So one time, couple of years back Went their for a "fun"only trip. Met my casual "gg" friend their. We made a great visual pair for the tourists :eek: she is kind of short, and black, and me a taller white male CD'r. One day we went down to Fremont street, me being dressed her normal. Had a bunch if requests to have my pic taken with straight couples lots of questions from people and more. Some lesbian couples were very nice. As it got later and the booze was starting to take affect some guys started to "heckle" me so decided better get the hell out of their . . . . As we walked to or car I was looking behind my back!!!

SherriePall
01-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Kathi -- How do you do it? A Miss Nevada no less. I just guess that beautiful people are attracted to beautiful people.

Bettyann303
01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Kathi,

Thanks for sharing that wonderful story. I think I speak for allot of is that we desperately want to be accepted and be able to tell "someone" our secret. You were able to bond with two people and have two very wonderful experiences and also educate people.

Way to go and I am so glad you had a wonderful time.....at work no less!

My best,

Bett

Persephone
01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Kathi,

Are you sure you're not twins? You have way too much fun for one girl!

She agreed, and said that what I did was just another persona, just like when she glammed herself up, she was another persona. "The pushup bra for the boobs, the hair, the makeup, the clothes and shoes, it's just one part of me, just one part of being a woman, just like you dressing up and letting the part of you that's a woman shine out." Wow, I wanted to hug this woman. :)

Brilliant! Best analogy ever!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Christina Horton
01-10-2010, 07:55 PM
When I saw your name on a post I thought "Do I have time to read a Kathy Lake Post?" You always have a long multi post , or as I call it "TEH DAM TESSING POST THAT IS LIKE A CLIFF HANGER" I hate cliff hangers when there like your posts you need to see or hear what else happened. I have done the "pull out the I Phone to show GGs my Pic and had the same reaction. The big difference between you and I is your thinner and prettier then me. My transformation is extreme cuz of my size and yours is cuz...Well I think cuz your from Utah I guess. LOL. Na I think cuz you look skinnier dressed then in drab. Men's clothes are for the most part shapeless, where women's is shapely. I just wish I could have a weekend in SL to go shopping with you some day. I don't get through there much anymore but if one day I know I have a weekend well....... Up to you hun.

Great story hun keep them coming.

Kathi Lake
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Kathi -- How do you do it? A Miss Nevada no less. I just guess that beautiful people are attracted to beautiful people.No Sherrie, it's not a "beautiful people pairing with beautiful people" kind of thing. It's more of a "I'm much too brainless to know when to shut up" kind of thing. It's confidence - plain and simple.

Kathi,

Are you sure you're not twins? You have way too much fun for one girl! No, but I'll tell you of my adventure with the twins later. Right now it's time to board.

Kathi

SuzanneBender
01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Ms. Nevada. I am sure she was approaching you for pointers girl!

Cracks me up no matter what the conversation comes back to fashion. I bet you are heading to Bebe the next trip out to find that dress in your size.

Thanks for the post and I am so glad that you had a ball in Vegas!

S. Lisa Smith
01-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Very cool!

missygatv
01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Kathi..

What a great experience and what a fun way to share it with us. I'm actually looking forward to my week in Vegas next Jan 17. I hope I have a beautiful story to tell...

Thank you for sharing.

Kathi Lake
01-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Wow, what a long week and a very long day!

After a lovely flight from Las Vegas to Salt Lake, I drove myself to work, where I still am past midnight. I have to get this stupid app compiled so my guys in China can test it during their Monday (I'm running out of time!!). Sigh.

In the middle of my usual "compile, get errors, fix errors, compile" cycle, I decided to write my adventures of today. Why not, eh?

First, I left my maid a note with a $10.00 tip saying "Thank you so much for all the little things you did - organizing my makeup on the counter, ignoring my bras, skirts, and all of my other clothes thrown around the room, and basically making me - a boy who likes to dress like a girl - feel welcome."

Feeling extra adventurous, I decided to wear my lace cami under my black shirt, hoping that the straps wouldn't show through. I also gave myself a spritz of Burberry Brit perfume. As I made my way to the convention center on the monorail, I made sure that my button was undone and my laptop bag "inadvertently" opened my shirt up enough so that the lace was showing. I then looked to see who noticed. It was funny to watch the expressions as they glanced at my face, my chest, back to my face with widened eyes, and, occasionally, a smile.

While walking the show floor later in the day, there was a lady in the Ed Hardy booth with huuuuuge, . . . tracts of land in a very skimpy bikini and very cute shoes. After waiting for the throng of admirers to get their picture taken with most likely the first "real girl" they've ever been near, I told her how cute her shoes were and asked if they were from bebe. She brightened immediately and said, "They look like bebe, don't they? I actually got them for about half their price." She told me where she got them and how much she paid. I told her that at that price, they definitely weren't bebe! We chatted for a bit, with the guys around us getting nervous/impatient. I'm sure they were thinking, "Come on, you two girls, stop gabbing about cute shoes and lemme take my picture!" She smiled at me, gave me a hug and said, "Thanks for talking with me. You are so super sweet!" Then she quietly added, "It's just what I needed after getting mauled all day." Aww shucks. That's me - the Boy Scout.

Earlier this week, I mentioned the set of ladies we hired, I think. They are both 23 and drop-dead gorgeous! I figure that I had told every other woman in the booth, so why not them? :) They were wearing some thigh-high white high-heeled boots, and I have been commiserating with them on how hard it must be to wear heels and walk around so much. Today, I said, "You know, I wish that I could wear heels here in the booth. I think the difference in shoe height would help my aching feet." They laughed, agreed and said they would be more than happy to let me trade shoes with them. I said that they probably wouldn't fit and they asked me what size shoe I was. I told them that I was usually a 9 1/2 or a 10 in women's, depending on the style of the shoe. Their eyes got big and they said, "How cool! You wear women's shoes? We have a friend who is the same size shoe as us, and even clothes too, and we got to dress him up a few times. He really made a cute girl, but he didn't have as much fun as we did." I told them that that was a shame, and that if they were to dress me up, I would promise to have fun. I then pulled out my iPhone and showed them my picture. One of them took the phone, brought it close, studied the image for a moment and said, after I convinced them that it was me, "You are so pretty! That's really you? Look at your poise and the way you're standing! You've done some modeling, haven't you? We can tell." I tried to convince them them that the only modeling that I had done was building model cars. They said that a lot of girls would be very jealous of my body. We talked about it for a bit, them asking me the standard questions, and then, of course, the gabfest devolved into fashion and makeup - where to get the best deals on shoes, what their favorite eyeshadows were, etc. (Yes, Suzanne, we talked about clothes and makeup. Is that so wrong? :)). The other one said, "You get really happy when you talk about this stuff, don't you? Isn't it fun being a girl?" I agreed that it was a blast. Hair, makeup, clothes - the whole shebang. They still wanted me to have their shoes and even their micro-miniskirt. They said with my legs, they'd look great on me. Plus, they said all they were going to do with them was scrawl their thoughts on them of how much they hated them and burn them. :)

After our long chat was done and I got some great hugs from the girls, the other guys in the booth came up to me and said, "Wow, that was a long talk. You guys sure looked like you were having fun. What were you talking about?" I just said, "Oh, you know - just some girl talk" with a smile. They asked me what my secret was to attract all these hot women. Although it would be fun to tell them the truth, I just said, "I guess I'm just on their wavelength. Plus, to impress a woman, simply show them that you value them as a person, not as an object. They respond to that - the pretty ones especially, since everyone else treats them as less then human, it seems." I don't think they understood that (or wanted to understand it). Ah well. I guess they're doomed to unfulfilling relationships. Pity.

Woo hoo!! everything finally compiled! Time to send this puppy off to China and head back to my wife and a familiar bed. I hope you enjoy me telling just a small portion of my adventures in girliness. It's a fun life!

Kathi

vivianann
01-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Dang Kathi, I cant believe I missed seeing you there in Vegas, I was staying at the Hilton there on Paradise, where all the electronics show geeks were, I was dressed as Vivian the whole time I was there. Wish I knew you were there,

PretzelGirl
01-11-2010, 08:04 AM
I am still shaking my head. You are definately a leader in being relaxed with yourself. And what's this about having fun? Aren't trade shows suppose to be 20 hours of work a day and no time to relax? :D

Glad you had a good time!

Darylin
01-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi Kathi,

Too bad I missed you. I'll be in Vegas tomorrow through Friday. A short visit to my sisters but I'm staying at the Imperial Palace. I can hardly wait to get there and change clothes. My first time "staying" dressed, hopefully most of the week. I'm actually hoping to come out to my sister and her husband. We will see how that goes. They're actually pretty open so I think it should go well. Wish me luck. I hope to have a great time.

Darylin

Kathi Lake
01-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Dang Kathi, I cant believe I missed seeing you there in Vegas, I was staying at the Hilton there on Paradise, where all the electronics show geeks were, I was dressed as Vivian the whole time I was there. Wish I knew you were there,Dang! Sorry Viv. We would have had fun shopping. Next time!

I am still shaking my head. You are definately a leader in being relaxed with yourself. And what's this about having fun? Aren't trade shows suppose to be 20 hours of work a day and no time to relax? :DNah. I wouldn't go with the "leader" label. Remember, there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Yeah, I've done things classified as brave (and have the medals to prove it :)), but sometimes, doing what I do and taking the risks I take with my dressing, I wonder which side of that line I'm on. As for the show, yes it is exhausting - especially as I'm a people person. As I told people at the show, they brought me because I speak fluent geek, but am still great with people. But no matter how exhausted I may get, nothing is gonna make this girl stop shopping! :)

Hi Kathi,

Too bad I missed you. I'll be in Vegas tomorrow through Friday. A short visit to my sisters but I'm staying at the Imperial Palace. I can hardly wait to get there and change clothes. My first time "staying" dressed, hopefully most of the week. I'm actually hoping to come out to my sister and her husband. We will see how that goes. They're actually pretty open so I think it should go well. Wish me luck. I hope to have a great time.

DarylinDarylin, I do indeed wish you luck. Sort of. Here's the deal; you are empowered to make your own luck. If you want to have a good time, don't just hope for it, do it! Get out there with your head held high and have fun. The rest of the world will follow.

Please let us know how it goes - especially with your family.

Kathi

Persephone
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
After our long chat was done and I got some great hugs from the girls, the other guys in the booth came up to me and said, "Wow, that was a long talk. You guys sure looked like you were having fun. What were you talking about?" I just said, "Oh, you know - just some girl talk" with a smile. They asked me what my secret was to attract all these hot women. Although it would be fun to tell them the truth, I just said, "I guess I'm just on their wavelength. Plus, to impress a woman, simply show them that you value them as a person, not as an object. They respond to that - the pretty ones especially, since everyone else treats them as less then human, it seems." I don't think they understood that (or wanted to understand it). Ah well. I guess they're doomed to unfulfilling relationships. Pity.

Woo hoo!! everything finally compiled! Time to send this puppy off to China and head back to my wife and a familiar bed. I hope you enjoy me telling just a small portion of my adventures in girliness. It's a fun life!

Kathi

Kathi,

You are so beyond cool that it's ridiculous! A totally hip geek girl, what an incredible combination! Love it!

Hugs,
Persephone.

LeslieSD
01-11-2010, 02:27 PM
That's a great experience. I was at CES last week too. Hope I knew where you are and I would love to drop by to have a chat.

I drove there from San Diego (not too far away) en femme, and checked in the hotel that way. I was even thinking about going on the show floor en femme on the last day, but ended up did not do it (there are some thing I needed to deal with on that day).

There is always the next year.

Kathi Lake
01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Kathi,

You are so beyond cool that it's ridiculous! A totally hip geek girl, what an incredible combination! Love it!

Hugs,
Persephone.Awww shucks! I've been a geek since birth. Captain of the safety patrol in elementary, chess club in junior high, taught computers after school in high school (and this was 1978-1981!), was in charge of the AV stuff in high school - heck, if there is such a thing as a man's man, I was a geek's geek! :)

Truly though, I love being a geek. My phrase is "A geek is a nerd - but with personality."

Kathi

Persephone
01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Awww shucks! I've been a geek since birth. Captain of the safety patrol in elementary, chess club in junior high, taught computers after school in high school (and this was 1978-1981!), was in charge of the AV stuff in high school - heck, if there is such a thing as a man's man, I was a geek's geek! :)

Truly though, I love being a geek. My phrase is "A geek is a nerd - but with personality."

Kathi

Love your phrase!

I guess I was just as geeky. I was on the elementary school safety patrol (my best friend was captain), member of both the Science Club and the Science Seminar in high school, memorized the Allied Electronics catalog every year (could actually tell my nerd friends which page to find their items on), taught AV, and eventually got my ham license.

"He" still does geeky stuff when I let him! :battingeyelashes:

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
01-11-2010, 02:44 PM
. . . memorized the Allied Electronics catalog every year (could actually tell my nerd friends which page to find their items on),Allied Electronics. Sigh. I remember them fondly, along with DigiKey, Mouser and many others. Hey, remember when Radio Shack used to have, you know - radio and electronics parts? Also, their sales people were knowledgeable. Now their slogan is, "You've got questions? We've got blank stares."

Kathi

minalost
01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks again for the great post:D! I never get tired of reading them!

sallyjones
01-11-2010, 05:01 PM
wow it really sounds like you had a lot of fun, and good aproach. i think i need to get an i phone. so keep doing what you do girl.

Christina Horton
01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
In the middle of my usual "compile, get errors, fix errors, compile" cycle, I decided to write my adventures of today. Why not, eh?

Hay What are you trying to be Canadian EH EH EH!!!!

I am the Canadian girl here Missy.

Of you want to immigrate to Canada we will roll out the ahhhhh PINK carpet for ya hun and we would be lucky to have you. You American girls feel lucky ya got her down there.

GIRL YOU ROCK SO HARD IT'S COOOOOL!!!

Kathi Lake
01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Nah, not a Canadian (not even a closet Canadian :)). Heck, I'm even from the South - the South of California, that is. :) I just use "eh" in everyday conversation. Most of those that I've met from the country above the States (and you would be shocked at the amount of people that simply believe that they're a part of the US), have been unfailingly polite and nice. I hear that's a pretty common trait, eh? :)

The only time I have met surly Canadians was when we had a jet break down and had to divert to Goose Bay. For those of you that don't know, Goose Bay is part of Newfoundland, which I think is a part of Labrador. It's basically the top-right little bit of Canada. It's usually bloody cold! We were there during the month or two that you don't need a snowmobile to get around. Anyway, I ws looking for someone and asked a local if they had seen any other Air Force people lately. They said, "You're the only American I've seen all day" with extreme distaste on the "American" part. Ah well.

Kathi

pattyv
01-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Kathi: Your personality just oozes through the lines of your posts.You are one cool gurl.This from another Vancouver-Canadian.

sherri52
01-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Kathi: Seeing as how you two are so close, could you introduce me to Miss Nevada:heehee:

SuzanneBender
01-11-2010, 08:21 PM
"You are so pretty! That's really you? Look at your poise and the way you're standing! You've done some modeling, haven't you? .......(Yes, Suzanne, we talked about clothes and makeup. Is that so wrong? :)). The other one said, "You get really happy when you talk about this stuff, don't you? Isn't it fun being a girl?" I agreed that it was a blast. Hair, makeup, clothes - the whole shebang.
Woo hoo!! everything finally compiled! I hope you enjoy me telling just a small portion of my adventures in girliness. It's a fun life!

Kathi talking fashion is never wrong that is the reason I stand in awe of you! Well at least one of the reasons.

Why do you dress? Why do you want to be a girl? It is a question that tears at our very fiber almost every waking moment of our lives. Reading your words I realize my answer is in your post. I was unable to find it because it was so darn simple. Its just flat out more fun being a girl! Kathi I think we need to give you the title Guru of Girliness!

As always thank you for sharing. :hugs:

Persephone
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Allied Electronics. Sigh. I remember them fondly, along with DigiKey, Mouser and many others. Hey, remember when Radio Shack used to have, you know - radio and electronics parts? Also, their sales people were knowledgeable. Now their slogan is, "You've got questions? We've got blank stares."

Kathi

Yeah, and then there was that fateful day when Radio Shack's parent, Tandy Corporation, bought Allied. And do you also remember Lafayette Radio? And the Holy Grail, Heathkit?

Ah, those were the good old days, when women were women, when girls wanted to grow up so they could have stockings, and bras, and lipstick; and guys were geeks.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/50swoman.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/girdles.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/Heathkit-1.jpg

SuzanneBender
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah, and then there was that fateful day when Radio Shack's parent, Tandy Corporation, bought Allied. And do you also remember Lafayette Radio? And the Holy Grail, Heathkit?

Ah, those were the good old days, when women were women, when girls wanted to grow up so they could have stockings, and bras, and lipstick; and guys were geeks.

I like today better. Where women can be geeks and we get to grow up and wear stockings, bras and lipstick!

Although it was nice when something was broken and you could go to radio shack and the nerds there could tell you how to fix it and sell you the parts. Who would have ever thought that those nerds would end up being beautiful women.

I worked at the wrong place in high school and college. I thought those of us with fashion sense all worked in our dream jobs at the mall. So much for the years I spent slaving away in the Gap. I should have applied at Radio Shack!

vivianann
01-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Allied Electronics. Sigh. I remember them fondly, along with DigiKey, Mouser and many others. Hey, remember when Radio Shack used to have, you know - radio and electronics parts? Also, their sales people were knowledgeable. Now their slogan is, "You've got questions? We've got blank stares."

Kathi

I use to hang out at the local radio shack too, I agree that the current radio shack peaple dont know anything.

VeronicaMoonlit
01-11-2010, 09:29 PM
I like today better. Where women can be geeks and we get to grow up and wear stockings, bras and lipstick!

sed s/"stockings, bras and lipstick!"/"anything we want! Which could include stockings, bras and lipstick!"/

Who would have ever thought that those nerds would end up being beautiful women.

All those ham radio and model train geeks at Tri-Ess, thats who. :-)

I thought those of us with fashion sense all worked in our dream jobs at the mall. So much for the years I spent slaving away in the Gap.

OMG! Gap Girl!

Kathi, your conversation with former Miss Nevada was soooooooo true.

Veronica Rogers

Miranda09
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Kathi, I just love reading about your adventures and interactions with others. You are just so confident and carefree....I'm totally jealous. My feet still freeze whenever I even think about going out, but someday I'll be as confident as you are...I hope. :) What is really interesting is how the women you talked to reacted so well to your photos. It must have been a great feeling. Thanks for posting.

Kathi Lake
01-11-2010, 11:40 PM
. . . And the Holy Grail, Heathkit?In my Closet of Wonder, I have one of my very first computers (my first computer was one I built in 1979 - it had 1K of memory!), a Heathkit H8 with the H9 monitor/keyboard and the dual 8-inch floppy drive. Couple that with a few 8K static RAM boards (covered in chips) and a 64K dynamic RAM board and I was one turbocharged geek. Hmmmmm, the way women treat me now as opposed to then makes me think that I would have gotten a lot farther with them by dressing up then as opposed to now. :)

sed s/"stockings, bras and lipstick!"/"anything we want! Which could include stockings, bras and lipstick!"/Oooohhhhh. I love it when you talk sed! Talk dirty | me :)

Kathi, your conversation with former Miss Nevada was soooooooo true.I find it so cool when someone who looks like a brainless bimbo shows that there's more to her than puffed lips and boobs. She is so right. Out of the mouths of babes, indeed! :)

Kathi, I just love reading about your adventures and interactions with others. You are just so confident and carefree....I'm totally jealous. My feet still freeze whenever I even think about going out, but someday I'll be as confident as you are...I hope. :) What is really interesting is how the women you talked to reacted so well to your photos. It must have been a great feeling. Thanks for posting.I'm sure it's one part self-fulfilling prophesy (I tell myself that I am going to have a great time tonight, and by golly I do!) and one part being brainless enough to brave the consequences (or, more likely, not being bright enough to know there may be consequences). Miranda, you are beautiful. Why deprive the world of that?

Kathi

Lorileah
01-11-2010, 11:50 PM
I find it so cool when someone who looks like a brainless bimbo shows that there's more to her than puffed lips and boobs.

:heehee: did I say something? Someday I hope to reunite North and South Dakota again. They should put aside their differences because their people come from the same place and have common ideas like bordering Canada and such. where do I get the puffed boobs?:daydreaming:

Kathi Lake
01-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey, I found a few pictures of the people I talked about at CES. The first picture is of the bikini-clad babe at a booth near ours. It's not the one in the foreground, (with the obvious implants). She's the one in the back on the right side. If you look closely, you can see the cute shoes I thought were from bebe! Plus, I loved her hair. It is just like my wig! Long, straight and a pretty auburn.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c54102/x2_7ea9ef

Below is a picture of the two girls we had helping us in the booth. I couldn't find a picture of just them from the show, so I used their publicity shot.

Kathi