PDA

View Full Version : Little Things

pinkheather
01-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey, I'm closeted and my wife and I both work from home, so there's not a lot I can do on a regular basis.

What are some little things I can do to feel more feminine? I thought I'd ask the experts. :)

jenny01
01-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Underdress when you do your errands. At least you will have a girly feeling to yourself.

AllieSF
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
There are a lot of things you can do, depending what it is that makes you happy. Underdressing in panties, even white cotton ones, wearing little items of woman clothes, rings, deorderant, etc. Men's briefs are now getting tighter almost like woman's boyshorts. Those things do not do it for me. I need to dress up. Other things can include starting to thin out body hair, shaping eyebrows a little, letting your nails get a bit longer and keeping them clean with no one knowing. You could even start getting manicures and pedicures with no polish or using a matte nail polish (Nail Envy by OPI and China Glaze has a good one too). These are small things that may help you look at the end product and bring a nice smile to your face during the day. Good luck and please let us know what you decide to do.

Kathi Lake
01-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I also like to use some matte eyeshadows in earthtones, a small bit of mascara and a lip gloss, blotted a bit. Not too over the top, but I (and some women) know I'm wearing it.

Kathi

carolinoakland
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
hair removal,skin care ( I envied women their rituals of cleansing). nails.

pinkheather
01-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Keep 'em coming! :) These are some great ideas.

I also like to use some matte eyeshadows in earthtones, a small bit of mascara and a lip gloss, blotted a bit. Not too over the top, but I (and some women) know I'm wearing it.

Kathi

Oh Kathi, you're totally my hero!

My coloring is so fair that that'd be noticed right off the block. My blonde eyelashes and mascara? hoo. :)

But what I'd give to have a relationship with the South Towne Ulta girls like you do. That's awesome.

jenna_woods
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I would say the best you can do is underdress wen you go out, it helps me,

Jess
01-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Unless I am at the gym, I am wearing my panties. Fortunately, my wife knows. I imagine that would be something hard to hide, considering the frequency (daily).:)

Rachael Ray
01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
You could get some drab looking women's jeans and button shirts.......

Phyliss
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
If your work from home involves some desk work and you use reader glasses, then a cute little chain on the frames to hold them is a nice touch.

Rachel05
01-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Underdress, I love underdressing, it makes me feel really nice and girly

APRIL0401
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I too like to underdress.

lavistaa62
01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Do you have to interface with the public or people other than your wife in person very often? Are you around your wife at home most of the time (like within earshot?)

If you answer no to either of these questions then of course you could begin to grow your hair a bit and gradually pluck your eyebrows. You could also apply light makeup justifying it with your vanity, etc. Filing your nails smooth or growing them a bit longer than usual may also work. If you're not yet comfortable with makeup then maybe some facial cleaning products or skin products would let you pamper yourself a bit.

If you're comfortable with you body movements and voice are like 70% of "it" in my book. If you're not around other folks you could adopt female mannerisms of moving, sitting, walking, etc.

Women's jeans are a great way to dress openly without anyone noticing at all! Man looking but female "shirts" are also a good way. Being a "man" you can pass it off when questioned as "Oh? I didn't know there was a difference- never paid attention".

If you know your eyeglass prescription there are great places in China where you can order fem prescription glasses.

pinkheather
01-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Do you have to interface with the public or people other than your wife in person very often? Are you around your wife at home most of the time (like within earshot?)

If you answer no to either of these questions then of course you could begin to grow your hair a bit and gradually pluck your eyebrows. You could also apply light makeup justifying it with your vanity, etc. Filing your nails smooth or growing them a bit longer than usual may also work. If you're not yet comfortable with makeup then maybe some facial cleaning products or skin products would let you pamper yourself a bit.

If you're comfortable with you body movements and voice are like 70% of "it" in my book. If you're not around other folks you could adopt female mannerisms of moving, sitting, walking, etc.

Women's jeans are a great way to dress openly without anyone noticing at all! Man looking but female "shirts" are also a good way. Being a "man" you can pass it off when questioned as "Oh? I didn't know there was a difference- never paid attention".

If you know your eyeglass prescription there are great places in China where you can order fem prescription glasses.

My office is on the second floor of our house, my wife is in her office in the basement. We see each other maybe 5 times during the day. and most of my clients are email only. My hair is long, (per my wife's suggestion!) down to my shoulders, thick and curly. My eyebrows? What eyebrows? :) Blonde and you can hardly see them. My hairdresser said, (the only one in my life that knows "me,") they're perfect. (I was kind of bummed.)

Makeup's out of the question, so are clothes. We have one bank account, and she balances the checkbook. :(

Voice? I get mistaken for my wife everytime someone calls our home. But mannerisms? hoo. that's where I need some help. I don't even know where to start. I'm big and clunky. :(

sherri52
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
wear femme jeans, underdress, and wear clear nail polish.

JenniferR771
01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
But Pink,
you don't have much privacy. So maybe a wig and purse (with lipstick) behind the seat of your pickup. In a gym bag of course. If you are like me, the bag includes earrings, necklace, bracelet, watch, kneehighs and great shoes. And maybe--just maybe--a jacket with some sewn-in padding. Now go and think of an excuse to run a few errands. You can take a little walk around a deserted park.

Kathi Lake
01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh Kathi, you're totally my hero!

My coloring is so fair that that'd be noticed right off the block. My blonde eyelashes and mascara? hoo. :)

But what I'd give to have a relationship with the South Towne Ulta girls like you do. That's awesome.OK, enough with the hero stuff. I'm just me. As for your comment, ". . . what I'd give to have a relationship . . ." I only have this to say; Would you give risking being laughed at? Would you give the possibility that someone might find out? If so, happiness awaits. My relationship with my Ulta buds is just that - a relationship. It has been cultivated over the last year by me simply being a friend to them. It has been cultivated by listening to their opinions on makeup, clothes, etc. We have laughed together. We have cried together. Heck, the other week, I received a Facebook friend request from one of them saying, "Wow, I guess I'm the only girl at Ulta that isn't one of your Facebook friends. Let's fix that!" I even keep my friendships of the girls that don't work there anymore. So, it's just that - a friendship.

Kathi

Pattie O
01-11-2010, 10:45 PM
I like to use moisturiser all over and use eye cream and clear lipstick.Also waxing some or all body regions may be an option eg back and buttocks or legs and armpits and underdressing.Save up for items by putting small amts away.Have a pedicure every so often.use very light amounts of eyeshadow and mascara when occassion permits.Use unisex deodorant and or body sprays.Underdress with unisex panties eg bonds briefs in black and read women's mags to get some ideas.Take your time and enjoy!

suchacutie
01-11-2010, 11:23 PM
1) My doctor made a big deal about fighting the aging process. So...one thing that ages is skin. My wife and I both now try to get regular facial peels and use all the moisturizing products. I moisturize all over daily as well. It could be a joint project to keep both of you young!

2) My nails are weak and can be ratty. If yours (or hers) are then a good nail strengthener like OPI nail envy in a matte finish will help (sure helped mine) but again can be the health issue.

3) my wife hates me in male jeans as she thinks they fit terribly, so I did what many men have done, I buy only women's jeans (10% of all women's jeans are bought for and by men!).

4) have the two of you discussed earrings (or did I miss that in this thread already?).

5) I would have mentioned voice, but you have that covered!

I hope this helps!

tina

sallyjones
01-13-2010, 02:01 PM
just a suggestion,but shave your legs. dont worrry the hair will grow back, and the feel of shaved legs under pants or jeans is for the lack of a better word,AWESOME! the problem is no shorts in mixed company, and you may seem a little shy towards people at first. but if you want to feel more feminine it does the trick in about a hour(first time.)

Loni
01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
a lot has been covard here, as for shaving the legs, take up road bike riding. some still shave there legs.

and start under dressing, not unisex. frilley is good.

even my nails are starting to get longer...so long as i can find time to keep them up. as they break easley.

might install a "beeper" on the stairs. this way you will know if wife/other is comming up...jump into the bath room and do a quick change???

there are ways to have fun.