PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

Jess
01-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Been looking into laser tattoo removal. I have a few (read 9), and well, I guess they're just not that lady-like.

KristinSkye
01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Been looking into laser tattoo removal. I have a few (read 9), and well, I guess they're just not that lady-like.

I have five myself, none of which are very feminine at all. They suit me though and I couldn't bear to spend thousands of dollars to remove over a thousand dollars of ink.

Having said that my brother in law had a partial sleeve laser removed. FWIW it wasn't perfect, you could still partially see the outline. Good luck with whatever you decide though :drink:

AmandaM
01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Cheapest way is if you are a former troublemaker and a doctor has a program for free removal. Other than that it can be expensive. When I did it, they used a YAG and a Ruby laser. I think the YAG is better. If you look real close you can see a bit of scarring. That's because one was deep into my skin. The others you can't tell. But heck, at least no one is asking me if I'm a sailor anymore. Not a nice question while you're in a skirt!

Jess
01-11-2010, 09:19 PM
No prison ink. I have been pretty well behaved, or at least never caught:heehee:
My real concern in this is could I afford it? Some are fairly large.
Once I can cross the financial barrier, then I can look into whether or not to actually go through with it.

AmandaM
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Check around for other programs. I was never a gang member, but I was a druggie, etc. My doctor gave me a discount cause I have rebuilt my life and it was part of the rebuilding to get rid of tattoos of my former life. So, you might get lucky. Anyway, just do one at a time. It takes awhile, so if you can't afford one of the big ones, start small.

kymmieLorain
01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Check with a tattoo artist, some have a way to subdue the ink, using saline or distilled water, from what I have been told, it dispurses the ink in the skin
may also want to look into the wrecking balm product.

Kymmie