PDA

View Full Version : Out at ICBC getting my car appraised for repair.

Christina Horton
01-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi well today I had an appointment at ICBC . It is my insurance in BC. The only one in BC . Gov run. '

Anyway , I had to get my car fixed and they needed to see it of course. I got there at 3:30 pm for my appt. I decided to go dressed and this was another first for me. I have not gone out dress in like a month. Before my appt I went to the mall to do a little window shopping , since I have no money to buy anything with it was just a look and drool and wish for the umtenth time I have a sugar MaMa.

I got there and parked the car in slot 3 and went inside the room. She came in about 15 secs after I got there. I told her what happened when the tow truck damaged my car.

Ok Time travel back to Nov 27th and I just broke my pass side wheel right off at a light as I was trying to go, Bang. Ok long story short. The tow truck diver said he could not use the wheel life on the car for the fact the the wheel is not on the car. Well duh. So he call a flat bed truck. He got there looked at the sit rep , and said it would be too much work to put a skid in the suspension so he said that HE could sling the car. I told him that you can't really sling the car cuz you will wreck the fiberglass bumper. He said that he did it once before and no prob with that Corvette. So anyway they slung the back of the car and towed the car. When we got the car to the shop I did not see any damage but then again it was dark out.

Well the next morning my mechanic brought the car inside and saw the damage and called me to tell me . I did not see the car for almost a month. When I did it was like the 23 of Dec and I have to get to the Island for Christmas. When I got back to Vancouver on the 4th I went to the tow shop and since I e-mailed them pics of it they came out to take there own pics. He keeps trying to shift the blame but I keep-ed bashing them away.

Well needless to say I think there going to try to weasel out from paying.But in the brighter side I will only have to pay at the most 300$ for my deductible and If they take responsibility I will get that back. Plus I will be able to get a rental car so that is not bad.

Ok here some pics of my car an of me there.

Oh ya I was dressed at the appt, Not when my car snapped off.

Shannah
01-11-2010, 11:10 PM
That sucks. What year vette do you have? Mine's a '95.

Christina Horton
01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Oh ya sorry 1980.

Trish
01-12-2010, 07:17 AM
That hurts when your Corvette gets damaged. I hope the repairs go well.
I have two. a 65 coupe and an 04 coupe.

Persephone
01-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey gal, sorry to hear about your car, but what about how it went at the ICBC? What did you wear? How were you treated?

And do you really have government run car insurance in BC as well as government run medical? What next? Government run television stations for propaganda? Oh, wait, you already have that!

Christina Horton
01-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey gal, sorry to hear about your car, but what about how it went at the ICBC? What did you wear? How were you treated?

The pic is at ICBC and it's what I wore. They treated my fine. I did notice that she never used the words like "She ,Her, Mam , ETC. I was treated just fine Thanks.I was treated just like any other person......They are pretty good there if you not hurt. Plus most people don't know that If you don't want you car written off that can't if you want to keep it, They will give you less money but you can keep the car. I think that goes for most places in Canada , I am not sure about the states.

aggi123
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I think it's the same way in the states.

giuseppina
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Persephone

Yes, BC car insurance is government run.

One of the things that distinguishes Canadians from our friends south of the border is a national health care system administered by the provinces and funded by taxes. It works reasonably well.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is not a mouthpiece of the government. Right now, their journalists are asking unflattering questions about the government's activities of commission and omission. I don't think I can say more without running afoul of the rules. If you want details, please have a look at the CBC's website.