PDA

View Full Version : need a different veiw

gimp
01-12-2010, 03:13 AM
firstly i want to say a big hello to everyone! on the forum as this is my first post ,and might i say there is alot of beutiful looking ladies on here ,anyway i have just told my mum and dad that im a crossdresser im 39 married with a daughter 17 and a son 11 my wife has known since 97 and she is totally cool with me but since i told my parents and they said cool if thats what makes you happy go for it,it has been a huge weight off my shoulders ,my mum want to take me shopping !the thing is since i told them i just feel like walking down the street and coming right out dressed up but at the moment id look like a condenmed block of flats on the move !i need refinement and not dress like a ****,i have never been out in public dressed and know you will probaly attract unwanted remarks,and hailing from scotland i dont take to people with shallow minds , i suppose i will just have to bite my tongue?i know i have to take things slowley as i have been hiding myself for 33 years thats when i can remember when i was 6 i started dressing . i used to feel embarressed buying ladies clothes as a man but now i dont care what they think . i would greatly appreiciate any advice from other crossdressers and trannys and i love this website bye for now

noeleena
01-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Hi . Gimp

I see you are just over the ditch . are you on our oz e forums . tranny radio or chameleons ,this is a west e one .
We have a good group of girls over there .
As to your ?? if you are going out dressed . then i would . as an idear . would your s o help you with make up . or would you go to a salon as there are some good beauty make up girls ./ women .who would show you how & would do your make up .
I know from being in syd & bris as i have meet some . who would be very protessional. & would help you . i have done it. so no problems ,

Nice to hear every one is okay with you .

other wise for make up dont put to much on . as the heat will not help . just dress accordingly to your age . not over the top . & just pressent your self . as a women . & think as one .
when you v been out a few times youll enjoy the time out . All the best .

...noeleena....

linnea
01-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Congratulations on your coming out to your parents; I'm sure that you felt great relief.

Karren H
01-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Well my view is and always will be Is that it doesn't mater that much how you look... Its your attitude and how you carry yourself. Develope an attitude that projects that you belong there dressed as you are and you will not get a second...... closer inspection.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" says it all....

Ohh. And welcome! :)

PortiaHoney
01-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the site. It has been a fantastic resource for me and changed my life completely.

It sounds like you have started on the journey of a lifetime.

Good luck and best wishes

Portia :)

Chari
01-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Great advice from previous posts! Set a goal as to where you want to go and what you want to wear. Please wear clothes that are common to your age group, proper to the event, and fit you well! Be sure to wear comfortable shoes too! You must be comfortable/confident with yourself in this new adventure! As for makeup/jewelry - IMO, least is best, especially for daytime wear. Practice at home walking, sitting, standing, etc as a woman to get the "feel" of feminine clothes and how they move on you. Perhaps your wife and/or mother will go with you for this first outing to give support and help you with any gal situations. Enjoy getting out and about.

Angie G
01-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi Gimp welcome to the family. Pleased to meet you. And congrats on coming out to your parents. They sound really cool.:hugs:
Angie

darla_g
01-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Good for you. Sometimes it just feels better to tell someone something that you have been keeping to yourself.

I told my wife about my CDing since i started and I almost told my kids (teens). Then a friend talked me out of it. "they have no need to know and ultimately will use that information against me," she said. I think she is right and I am glad i listened.

Stephanie Miller
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
I think the mistake that a lot of new CD's make is they don't heed the same advice we give to them when first telling there wives. Take it slow... slow...slow.
Instead, we feel liberated and overjoyed and must yell to the world! Show the world we are women too.
You've taken a huge step. Kuddos to you. Now step back and let everyone absorb for a bit. Thier thoughts may change a little or they may have questions. Pace yourself dear. For thier sake.

You may also find out if you give yourself a little practice time inside before running outside you will be able to correct some of the flaws that may bring on your "will probaly attract unwanted remarks,and hailing".
Pace yourself hun - you have a lifetime of smiles ahead. Enjoy.

jenifferdevine
01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
i have no kids or wife.... i do have a roomate who does not have a clue though..and he is pretty conservative.... i am wanting to move so that i can live with people who are more understanding of my needs.... i don't know about going out in my home town though, except maybe on halloween....

jenifferdevine
01-12-2010, 10:29 PM
im just at a point in my life where i have given up on fighting being a cd/tranny freak. now i am more concerned with learning to do it better....

gimp
01-13-2010, 06:34 AM
just want to say thank you to everyone who replied to my thread ,which was invaluable wisdom ,regards robbie

Frédérique
01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
i dont take to people with shallow minds , i suppose i will just have to bite my tongue?i know i have to take things slowley as i have been hiding myself for 33 years thats when i can remember when i was 6 i started dressing . i used to feel embarressed buying ladies clothes as a man but now i dont care what they think

Hi gimp! I don’t like people with shallow minds either, but they, unfortunately, are the norm in this crazy world. I’ve been hiding myself for years as well, but I’ve come to like it. I get out from time to time, all dressed up, in the real world, but I still hide within my personal exclusion zone, i.e. hiding in plain sight. It’s a fun game to play – can you see me? The tactile pleasures alone are worth “running the gauntlet” of accepted opinion. In this way, it pays to be different…:battingeyelashes: