PDA

View Full Version : Just shaved my legs!!!!

JuLo
01-12-2010, 01:21 PM
OMG!!!!!

I can't believe I just did it!!!! I finally got up the courage to shave my legs!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!! My gosh it feels so incredible!!

The next thing will be explaining it to the wife, but I think everything will be alright.

Sorry to start another leg shaving thread, but I just had to tell the world!!

Persephone
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Congratulations JuLo! Enjoy your smooth legs! Hope it all goes well with your wife.

Hugs,
Persephone.

StaceyJane
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Just explain to your wife that pantyhose looks much better on shaved legs. Who can argue with that?

terrinoble
01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
The only thing I hate about shaved legs is that they get rather itchy when the stubble comes up like the next day. But I agree, once you defuzz the legs, they look and feel better.

Jess
01-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Been shaving for about a week now. Takes a lot more time getting ready in the morning. Think I'll try Nair or something similar.

NikiMichelle
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
I have been shaving every day since the middle of October and i love it. It is the best thing a CD can do.

The feeling is great whether I'm cd'd or not. With pantyhose on is obviously the best though!!!

jenna_woods
01-12-2010, 02:45 PM
great that's sure a big step, I shave every day now been 10 years and no one has ever said a word about my shaved legs,

PretzelGirl
01-12-2010, 09:38 PM
You better be trying some hose on while it is fresh. If it isn't fresh anymore, back in the shower you go! :D

KristinSkye
01-12-2010, 09:50 PM
hehe, congratulations!!! Why is it that so many of us have waited until its freezing outside to try this :confused:

Definitely try on some nylons/hose while they are fresh. I also got a kick out of the feeling of short skirts. Enjoy!

sherri52
01-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Congrats Julo, If the wife likes them your home free to keep them that way.

Jeanne Hamilton
01-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Curiosity about how much better stockings would feel gave me a sudden burst of courage and I shaved my legs. That was over five years ago and they have beem smooth ever since.

danielle.cd
01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
now that there shaved try taning them it looks way beter than pasty white legs, i dont normaly use a razor just clipers its itch the next day if u use a razor but, good now that there clean keep them that way its easier

Lilth
01-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Terrinoble- I used to have the problem of having ichy legs when I shaved but found a few things help. Wash completly then turn up the temp of the shower and turn the nozzle away from you as you shave. The extra humidity in the air helps. Dont understand y but it does. Also use a body wash or shaving cream with moisturizer in the shower then finish it all off with a good deep hydrating lotion. The itch is your skin losing it's natural moisture.

Kristien- I don't understand why but it seems that poeple also tend to get their hair cut short during the winter. I used to have hair down to my hips and senior year decied to donate it and cut my hair to jaw lenth. I did it during winter time in Va. I was cold but over the next few years continued the trend. Don't get it but it is rather funny.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
01-16-2010, 11:29 AM
hehe, congratulations!!! Why is it that so many of us have waited until its freezing outside to try this :confused:

Definitely try on some nylons/hose while they are fresh. I also got a kick out of the feeling of short skirts. Enjoy!

Long skirts have an even more amazing feeling with freshly shaved legs, since there's more skirt fluttering around more leg. ;P Anyway, I think the reason so many wait to shave their legs til winter is because we're that much less likely to be caught in shorts in public!

Been shaving for about a week now. Takes a lot more time getting ready in the morning. Think I'll try Nair or something similar.

Nair is even slower. It gets decently fast to shave your legs in the shower though. If you change out the blades often, as long as you've got some hot water running, I've found I don't even need shaving gel. It adds maybe 5 minutes to my shower time, if that. It might be a little sloppy, but any spots I missed I just go over later. Works for me. With Nair I'd still be waiting. And then I'd have to hope that it actually gets it all. And deal with the burn.

utah beauty
01-16-2010, 11:31 AM
congratulations! It feels good, doesn't it? :) Feels clean, smooth, really nice. I remember the first time I did... if felt so good and feminine! And I was petrified that someone with find out. But come to find out, almost nobody really cares if guys shave their legs in this day and age, so good for you! :)

RhondaLynn
01-16-2010, 12:25 PM
It feels wonderful, doesn't it? I love the feel of shaved legs - been shaving mine on & off since the late 80s or early '90s. I remember shaving them once, then going for a motorcycle ride wearing shorts. I noticed the absence of the stinging & tingling i used to feel from the air whipping my leg hair around. the cool airstream across my smooth skin was a nice sensation.

You know, it's ironic i guess, that shaved feel bare & senstitive, and i find it almost necessary to wear hose to cover them. They keep them warm in the winter, and keep them from sticking to my pants legs in the humid summer (both functions that the hair used to serve). And nothing can match the feel of smooth shaven legs under hose, or bare under the sheets in bed.

The first time my SO noticed my shaved legs, she asked why i did it, and i said "Well, i tried it once, and I liked it, so i still do it sometimes." She rubbed them a few times, then said "yeah, i guess they do feel nice & smooth".

Congratulations - enjoy it!

Shareecd
01-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Good for you Julo! I have been shaving mine for months now and yes it does feel terrific. I think your wife will approve just give her time to adjust

StarrOfDelite
01-16-2010, 05:52 PM
depiliatories, e.g. Nair, are slower, and you have to be careful not to rub them into your skin, or leave them on too long, or you'll blister like a bad sunburn. the advantage is that they attack the hair below the skin line, and the smoothness will last almost a week, plus or minus, depending on how heavy your growth is.

never tried waxing, but it sounds painful. what i really need are triple jointed arms so i can reach the middle of my back. :)

Bailey_in_Mansfield
01-16-2010, 11:32 PM
I've done waxing, but only on my legs and bikini area. Thankfully I don't have enough body hair to worry about my back, and just enough on my chest that a quick dry-shave gets it all off in under 30 seconds.

Waxing is kind of hard to explain. I'm told it *IS* very painful on the back, but on the legs it's a little different. The first pull or two hurt but not really bad, and you think "hey I can do this." Then as they keep going, it gets a little more sore. More and more as they go. But then, the NEXT time you have them waxed, it's not as bad as the first time. I'm told that's just a mental thing--your body is better prepared to deal with it after the first time--but at any rate it does get easier. :)

Lady Davida
01-17-2010, 03:52 AM
Nobody knows during the winter and as a bicyclist I get very few questions in the summer. Its been awhile since I've shaved but ohhhh to have nice soft smooth sexy legs. Kisses.

sallyjones
01-17-2010, 04:33 AM
i have been shaving my legs, pits and chest for over a year now. it really helps to feel femme. it is an upkeep job though.

Jayne
01-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Hi

I have the same feelings. :)
I shaved two years ago and had major agro.
I shaved again two weeks ago and have kept it up every two days as the stubble started to grow. Wife commented that they were not growing back very quick......
Just got out of the shower now and have shaved them again, they feel great and I will be sad to let it grow back for summer. :)

janneke21
01-17-2010, 07:12 AM
is shaving beter than creams ? do the stubs grow just as quickly with both cream and shaving ?

KimberlyJo
01-17-2010, 07:38 AM
The only way I can get my legs completely smooth from shaving is to shave against that grain, and that results in ridiculous amounts of ingrown hairs that last FOREVER! If I shave the backs of my thighs, even with the grain, they get really red and irritated and it won't go away. I've tried exfoliating and moisturizing the hell out of them and nothing seems to help it.

So that being said, I still shave them, but they are always a little stubbly. But hey at least they LOOK smooth and that's good enough for me.

I;ve tried waxing before too and thats great for a day or so and then the ingrown hairs start popping up everywhere, sigh. I STILL have red bumps on my belly from the last time I waxed and it's been months.

I'm not even a very hairy person usually.

kellyanne
01-17-2010, 07:59 AM
OMG!!!!!

I can't believe I just did it!!!! I finally got up the courage to shave my legs!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!! My gosh it feels so incredible!!

The next thing will be explaining it to the wife, but I think everything will be alright.

Sorry to start another leg shaving thread, but I just had to tell the world!!
Keep it up girl - it is a wonderful feeling !

PretzelGirl
01-17-2010, 10:23 AM
I;ve tried waxing before too and thats great for a day or so and then the ingrown hairs start popping up everywhere, sigh. I STILL have red bumps on my belly from the last time I waxed and it's been months.

I'm not even a very hairy person usually.

I get a lot of ingrowns too. But I epilate now and I have found over time I am getting less and less. They are almost non-existent on my legs. I started my chest/stomach about a year after my legs and they are still pretty heavy there. But it was also a much denser hair area. So if you wanted to go down that road, I would guess that epilating/waxing would eventually lead to a smooth area with no ingrowns. Unfortunately, it takes patience that we don't like to demonstrate sometimes. :D

diannecourtney
01-17-2010, 10:33 AM
I played football for a naumber of years and had ankle raps up to the shins. Needless to sayI have hairless areas on half my legs. I really didn't appreciate until my CDing and the rest of the legs are treated with care. I have expanded to the back of the hands and wrists. How many are doing the arms?

Jamie Burton
01-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I played football for a naumber of years and had ankle raps up to the shins. Needless to sayI have hairless areas on half my legs. I really didn't appreciate until my CDing and the rest of the legs are treated with care. I have expanded to the back of the hands and wrists. How many are doing the arms?

I'm an unfortunately hirsute girl, so I have to remove a lot of hair in a lot of areas. I've started using my epilator on my forearms and it works really well. I used to have to use a razor on them EVERY morning in the shower, now it's much less often. I'm hoping the more I epilate, the less often I'll have to do so. Oh, and I always use a bodywash with a moisturizer to help keep the skin soft.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
01-17-2010, 11:23 AM

It sounds like you may need to find a more experienced waxing person. The wax should be pulled up in the opposite direction of hair growth...and the hair's not always pointing down! If the waxer wasn't paying attention (a likely possibility if she seemed to be in a hurry) then she may have pulled the wrong direction and you'll get ingrowns.

Also, there's a treatment for those red bumps but it has to be done during the waxing session. Basically after my legs or bikini area are waxed, the lady skims over them again with a little wand that shoots out little bits of electricity. Sounds painful, but compared to the waxing itself, it felt kind of good! Anyway the bursts of high-frequency electricity help to keep red bumps to a minimum if they're done within a few minutes of the waxing.

angelfire
01-17-2010, 06:27 PM
I shave my chest once every week or 2, and am now strongly considering getting it lasered.

I have yet to do my legs, but every time I shave my chest I get the urge to just do my legs as well. As it is one of my friends asked if I have before because I have hairless spots on my legs for some unknown reason, and I haven't even shaved them once. I figure I may as well. But I do kung-fu and kickboxing, and wearing shorts will make the shaving obvious.

Robyn2006
01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
It's great, isn't it? As a few have mentioned, the winter months are great when there's no need to worry about secrets coming out. For me during these glorious months, I shave from head to toe - well, ok, that's a lie. I don't shave my arms. Still haven't found the nerve to do that. I do like Nair and use it often on my legs, but occasionally have a weird reaction to it and a rash develops. Mostly, my Venus razor and cream do the trick. Though a pain, I suppose, there is certainly a thrill attached to it, it being such a feminine thing to do. So fun really once it's all over and I'm standing there in front of my mirror without a hair to be seen... And after I put on my toenail polish, so incredible to put on pantyhose and see those red nails of mine peaking through the fabric as I scan my completely femme legs. It's heaven. :battingeyelashes:

Robyn

Carly D.
01-17-2010, 09:14 PM
You could tell the wife you were wondering how it felt to wear pantyhose with shaved legs instead of (barf) hairy legs all the time..

Lilth
01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi

I have the same feelings. :)
I shaved two years ago and had major agro.
I shaved again two weeks ago and have kept it up every two days as the stubble started to grow. Wife commented that they were not growing back very quick......
Just got out of the shower now and have shaved them again, they feel great and I will be sad to let it grow back for summer. :)
Jayne- My SO and I have actually talked about the fact that other will see he has shaved and how he wasn't sure what to say or do about that. I just told him straight forward to tell them I asked him to. Honestly I love how he feels shaved. Although I miss what little chest hair he had... I would play with it. But with this excuse people really have nothing on you except that you are loving of your SO and you don't have to deal with them possibly finding out.