PDA

View Full Version : just need to know

sueann
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
the wife and i have been together for over 28 years and marred for 25 years this year we are taking off for 11 days but do not have any were to go does anyone know some place that two women can go and have fun for 11 days and 10 nights

Staci G
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Vegas baby, What hapens in Vegas stays in Vegas

suchacutie
01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm sure this list will get long, but let me add New Orleans and San Francisco to the Vegas entry.

There was a thread a while back seeking to list cities that were especially friendly. You might search for that thread.

tina

jessica19cd
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Portland has always been nice and fun. Though it is kinda a young city.

Karren H
01-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Anywhere its warm... Near water... Has shopping... Dining... And night life..... What elses do you need?

sissystephanie
01-12-2010, 06:54 PM
As usual, Karren H. is "right on!!" What else is needed? All the places mentioned would be great, depending on the time of the year for weather! Depends on when you want to go, and how far you are willing to travel!

PetiteTonya
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Seattle, New Orleans, New York, San Francisco. I have been to all of these cities and they all offer unique experiences as well as interesting sights etc

jenna_woods
01-12-2010, 08:40 PM
go some olace warm so you both can wear short skirts

SuzanneBender
01-12-2010, 08:47 PM
A TG Friendly cruise! There are several of them out there

Misty G
01-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Key west is the place to be especially this time of year

Melanie R
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
A TG Friendly cruise! There are several of them out there

We have 3 cruises planned for 2010 ranging from 5 days to 14 days. Being enfemme as two women on a cruise is the ultimate experience. Info at pmpub.com.

Come join us.

Melanie

Persephone
01-13-2010, 01:37 AM
All of the places named so far are lovely and we've enjoyed visiting all of them them. But why limit yourself to urban areas?

Some of the most wonderful places are wild. A few of our all-time favorites include Monument Valley (http://www.utah.com/monumentvalley/), a Navajo Tribal Park, mostly in Utah but right near "Four Corners" where Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah meet.

Everglades National Park (http://www.nps.gov/EVER/index.htm) down at the very tip of Florida, fantastic bird watching, I think it has the most species of anywhere in the country, not to mention up-close and personal experiences with alligators.

Glacier National Park (http://www.glacier.national-park.com/) in Montana with the unbelievable "Going to the Sun" road.

And then there's Big Bend National Park (beautiful and amazingly remote), Yellowstone (can't decide if we love it more in winter than in summer), Canyon de Chelly National Monument (managed jointly by the Navajo Nation and the U.S. National Park Service), Great Smoky Mountains, the Bryce/Zion/Cedar Breaks trilogy, Yosemite, Death Valley (don't try it in summer!), and the list goes on and on.

Many have beautiful lodges within their boundaries, or hotels and motels in reasonable proximity, or, for an even better vacation rent an RV or, if y'all are inclined, pack a tent (we've enjoyed all of these methods).

You will enjoy the shared experience and return home with bountiful memories.

Sally2005
01-13-2010, 01:52 AM
Depends what you like. A cross country trip in an RV in the summer or a cruise (never done one myself).

eluuzion
01-13-2010, 02:16 AM
the wife and i have been together for over 28 years and marred for 25 years this year we are taking off for 11 days but do not have any were to go does anyone know some place that two women can go and have fun for 11 days and 10 nights

No place to go?...why, I could wander around in my backyard for that long and still be amused. But I am never one that gets "bored".

Ok, pin a map to the wall, turn away and walk 4 paces away from the wall. Keep your back towards the map, toss a dart over your shoulder until it sticks in the map.

Now have your partner do the same. Wait 5 minutes and see if you both agree that one of the spots is a destination.

Ok, it's no fun...but I will spare you hours of repeating this process until you agree. The trick is to turn around, face the map, and aim for a beach location, lol.

I had a place in Florida for many years. I never got tired of looking for seashells...well, and margarita stands...:battingeyelashes:

IMO, that is too much time for Vegas. (enough to lose your house, and at least the houses of three neighbors...) lol

Crysten
01-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Well in my book, there's only one answer - and that would be Hawaii. There's nothing quite like lying on the 80 degree sand at Kailua when it's snowing at home. We've been to Hawaii every year since 2001 and love it!!
Of course, Hawaii has it all - secluded beach houses, condos for rent, and any type of hotel room you can imagine. I would avoid the over priced hotels (especially in Honolulu/Waikiki) as they generally cater to Japanese tourists with money to burn.
Also, consider the Big Island, Maui, or Kauai - each is special in its own right, and has something to offer (and gets you away from the crowds in Honolulu).
Not really sure about TG friendly accomodations though. Best of luck and I hope you have a great time where ever you end up!!

NikiMichelle
01-15-2010, 12:57 AM
San Francisco or Maui...awesome.

Andy66
01-15-2010, 01:16 AM
I hear this is the best time of the year to get a deal on a cruise.