PDA

View Full Version : Crossdresser Stress

minalost
01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Something I saw in a previous thread got me wondering:

1) How stressful is being a crossdresser?

2) Does dressing help you to relieve stress?

3) If you’re in the closet, does this increase the amount of stress you have?

4) In general, how do you deal with the stress – if any - of being a crossdresser?

My answers:

1) Somewhat. I know this is wishy-washy, but the amount of stress for me has been greatly reduced now that I’m more open about it with my wife. There is still some, because I’m still not sure how that is going to turn out.

2) When I’m dressed I find I can let go of some of my “real life” stressors. I’m sure it’s one of the reasons I enjoy crossdressing. It does create some stress of its own however: fear of being caught or harassed…

3) See one and two above: less stress now that I’m more open with wife, more because I’m still in the closet with EVERYONE else.

4) Ha! I crossdress! Seams kind of counter productive, doesn’t it? I think most of my “stressing out” happens when I’m not dressed up. I’m able to let a lot of it go when I’m dressed as Mina. Even underdressing or blending helps. Hopefully this doesn’t sound too schizophrenic, but I think Mina is just a more relaxed person than (insert top secret male name… :laughing:). Otherwise, just embracing a philosophy of not obsessively worrying about things seems to help sometimes.

Okay, enough with the spilling of the guts, your turn… :)

Karren H
01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Stress is a daily part of life and I've learned to with it.. Most of it is work related and the rest family related... My crossdressing doesn't add to or reduce the amount of stress I see... Or make me deal with it any differently. I really don't get stressed out... Never have.

sherri52
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I never get stressed out but if I did it wouldn't be over dressing. Dressing is natural for me and I do it every night and underdress every day. If I didn't dress maybe there would be a chance of me stressing out

msniki48
01-12-2010, 04:36 PM
For me, Dressing is just like releasing the pressure on the pressure cooker....i'm dating myself , aren't I...lol. I can actually feel it drain from my head down...or is that the Vodka kicking in???

My stress is when it has to end and i have to look at vince again, YUK!

Hugs

Msniki48

Kerigirl2009
01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I do not feel any less stress than anyone else. Now when I am dressed as Keri I do not have the same type of stress and because of that I feel my feminine side can deal with stress a lot better than my male side.
I just find joy in dressing and I like the feelings that come with her.

I underdress I think as a reminder to myself that things are better than they seem. And this I believe helps when I start to stress out as I am constantly reminded of the fact that I have another outlet of sorts. I just feel calmer and more at ease with myself when I can validate her existance. :)

Catina
01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
quote: " I feel my feminine side can deal with stress a lot better than my male side.
I just find joy in dressing and I like the feelings that come with her. "

Gee someone feels the way I do ! I don't feel so alone anymore. Thanks KeriGirl ;-)

suchacutie
01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I can't bring myself to dump stress on Tina. I deal with the stress first, then I relzx through the process of transformation. This leaves Tina to be herself and enjoy herself. Standing back for a moment this certainly leaves a place in life that's unstressed. It's not a haven since the stress is removed before Tina arrives.

JulieK1980
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I have quite a bit of stress overall, but none related to crossdressing. If anything for me, my desire to dress wanes, when I get overloaded with stress, and the urge returns once I'm able to relax.

jenna_woods
01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
stress is part of life, but yes wen dressed and out and about I feel great no stress for me

NikiMichelle
01-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Knowing that I am a CD was stressfull for a very long time. I came out to my wife alomost 10 years ago and that helped out a lot. I worry for her though as to how she really feels about my cd'ing; back to some stress again.

I feel "great" when I am dressed and any other stress from life fades away while I am enfemme.

windycissy
01-12-2010, 08:47 PM
1) How stressful is being a crossdresser? I used to stress about it a lot, until I found a place where I could keep all my girl stuff

2) Does dressing help you to relieve stress? Yes, when I'm out and about dressed as a pretty woman I feel free and independent

3) If you’re in the closet, does this increase the amount of stress you have? Used to, see (1) above

4) In general, how do you deal with the stress – if any - of being a crossdresser? You always have to be aware of your surroundings and stay safe

brassieres
01-13-2010, 04:59 AM

Not really stressful other than coming to terms with it.

Yes.

Same as #1

4) In general, how do you deal with the stress – if any - of being a crossdresser?

Like with anything with stress, I am still trying to figure that out.

jessikasummerfox
01-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Something I saw in a previous thread got me wondering:

1) Only very, very mildly stressful, but because I don't quite understand the hows and whys of it all.

2) Yes. While I'm unsure of the hows and whys, I can certainly see the effects. When stress rises in my personal life, dressing certainly can take the edge off it.

3) Not for me. The stress of coming out and being out would be overwhelming, but that is probably because I don't entirely understand my own motivation for dressing. I think it is also a function of my basic personality, and the area in which I live.

4) When (or if) stress begins to rise from dressing, I guess I do all of the normal things I do to de-stress. Watch television, listen to music, surf the net, etc. Stress from dressing isn't that much of a worry for me though I think. (Again, see answer one.) Coming to the forum and reading about other people's struggles with it helps, even if there aren't any answers. Just the sharing of the problem and acknowledging how it can be tough sometimes can really help you (i.e. me) cope.

AmandaM
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
My number one source of stress is my crossdressing and gender feelings. I think it's cause I'm a transsexual but won't admit it.

sometimes_miss
01-13-2010, 11:19 PM
It's a double edged sword. Crossdressing often stops me from dating; I feel lonely; loneliness causes stress; stress takes away my ability to suppress the urge to crossdress; I crossdress, and feel relieved because I feel being dressed as a female as my natural state (yeah, I know it isn't, but that's what life's experiences has done to me); then I feel depressed because I know that crossdressing is why I'm alone, and the cycle starts all over again.

Rachel Morley
01-14-2010, 12:44 AM
1) How stressful is being a crossdresser? Not stressful at all .... at least not now. Once I realized that it wasn't going to go away and also that my wife really was ok with it, and I mean she wasn't just being nice to me,she really was ok with it, I started to come around. I love my crossdressing now :)

2) Does dressing help you to relieve stress? For me, yes. Sometimes I feel so stressed I don't feel like dressing at all but then if we have already planned to go somewhere (like to a TG event) or my wife pushes me to dress because she can see I'm tense, then I always feel much better after I'm all girl-ed up.

3) If you’re in the closet, does this increase the amount of stress you have? I'm not in the closet anymore.

4) In general, how do you deal with the stress – if any - of being a crossdresser? See my answer to number 1.

Frédérique
01-14-2010, 10:34 AM
1) How stressful is being a crossdresser? Not stressful at all – in fact it’s quite the opposite. :)

2) Does dressing help you to relieve stress? Dressing always feels wonderful – it helps me to sidestep any stress in my life. :daydreaming:

3) If you’re in the closet, does this increase the amount of stress you have? No, I like the privacy of my “secret’ world…:battingeyelashes:

4) In general, how do you deal with the stress – if any - of being a crossdresser? It’s not an issue I have to deal with...:straightface:

minalost
01-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Thank you all for your feedback! It's always nice to see how the rest of you girls deal with the same issues I deal with every day.

I just love this forum!

:hugs: