PDA

View Full Version : Last time for a while.

Leanne2
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Because of family secrets and agreements with our SOs many of us have a hard time getting enough privacy to be able to dress in our pretty clothing. My wife knows that I CD but doesn’t want to see me like that. And last year one of my young adult sons moved back home until he can get on his feet financially. Fortunately I work shifts and often have my two days off during the week. My wife works grade school hours and my son works four ten hour days Monday through Thursday. So I often have a whole day or two to my self.
But now my wife’s mother who lives out of state is getting very sick with cancer. Her doctor told her that she can no longer live by herself. She will be living with us. So in a few days my son and I will travel to my mother in law’s house to help with the move. Grandma needs 24/7 care. From now on I’ll be a caretaker at home when I’m not working. We’ve hired a lady to fill in when my wife and I are both gone.
So today was my last free day off. Guess what I did? I showered, shaved, and did my hair and makeup. I dressed as usual as a frumpy old lady. Hay, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. It works for me. I wore white jeans with a brown tunic top. The top had pictures of puppies on the front. Anyway, I grabbed my purse and “safe clothes” and went out to my car.
I drove to a town about twenty miles from home. The first stop was at a second hand clothing shop downtown. There were no treasures there so I headed toward the outlet mall on the edge of town. On the way I stopped for gas and paid inside. The man that took my money said,“ Thank you Ma’am.“ Then on to the mall. When I walked in my heart leaped. The formal store had racks of formals on sale at $50 each. I can’t turn down a pretty formal. Thank goodness there were none in my size (18) so I finally left there and went in the outlet store. I picked out a pair of plain lady’s jeans. At the checkout counter I wrote a check for the jeans. The checkout girl asked to see my ID. I gave her my drivers license. It has a fem picture of me when I had longer hair. I have a unisex first name. She wrote down the DL number but never noticed that I’m listed as male. And our checks are printed with my wife’s info as well. Then she smiled as she handed my license back saying,” Thank you ma’am”.
Next I shopped at K-Mart. It’s the only K-Mart in the area. All of the others have closed. I talked to several nice assistants while shopping. Then to the dollar store and then to the McDonalds drive up. I drove home down the interstate as I ate my meal while steering with my knees. I bet not many grandmas do that. So here I sit; still pretty but not for long. I have to sign papers at a bank in two hours. I’ll have to remove the nail polish and cut my nails back to guy length. Then my pretty clothes will be in storage for who knows how long.
I feel bad that my private time will be gone but I’m happy that I can help take care of my mother in law as her time on this earth grows short. God knows that she took care of my wife and her brothers when they were little. It’s the least that I can do. Leanne

Joni Marie Cruz
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Dear Leanne-

Good for you and your unselfish attitude. I wish you and your family the best.

Hugs...Joni Mari

lavistaa62
01-12-2010, 06:18 PM
To sacrifice so much (and I'm not just referring to the CD) for your family. I admire you.

jenna_woods
01-12-2010, 06:22 PM
good for you I can tell you are a great person,careing about others is a great thing,