PDA

View Full Version : Problems when Shopping

Lisa Marie
08-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Does it ever get tuff for any of you girls out there that like to go shopping? What do you do when theres flocks of people trying to shop in the same section as you do. Sure enough when your looking taking your time at what to buy someone comes along and has to be right where your at then if your in male mode shopping for ladies stuff they give you a weird look. But its ok for them to go into the mens department and look at mens clothes. Anyone in here have this experience? Angie :(

obsessedwithpantyhose
08-04-2005, 06:24 PM
F,,, them hun... they r the ones who have the problems not u,,,, so shop ur cute little heart off :D

i dont let anyone get in my way while i shop,,infact im wearing shorts with suntan pantyhose and painted toenails while im out shoping :D

tifftg
08-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Although I am getting more comfortable with shopping for femme items, i still prefer to take my time and have fewer people around. If it gets to busy or the sizes are all jumbled together I just go to another store.

tiff

Wendy me
08-04-2005, 06:29 PM
no not at all ....i can mix elbowes with the best of them............

Sharon
08-04-2005, 06:32 PM
It's never a problem shopping for clothing -- men buy for their SO's all the time (holidays, birthdays, etc.). Just try to avoid looking over your shoulder all the time as if you have something to hide.
But, I have to admit that I still feel self-conscious when shopping for cosmetics and I still try to avoid going to the store at peak hours. But I am getting better at it though. :)

Daphnie-Duck
08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Sometimes, I carry a little notepad and pen with me, especially if I'm doing my shopping at a thrift store. I'll occasionally take down brands and sizes of various items I'm looking at, and most people would just assume that I am looking at stuff to look up on eBay to see if it's worth reselling. If I don't have a pad with me, then I just casually flip through the items on the rack, frequently muttering stuff to myself like, "No, no, not worth it, hmmm...possibly, no, yes, no, no..." That tends to give the same effect that I go for with the notepad.

KewTnCurvy GG
08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Does it ever get tuff for any of you girls out there that like to go shopping? What do you do when theres flocks of people trying to shop in the same section as you do. Sure enough when your looking taking your time at what to buy someone comes along and has to be right where your at then if your in male mode shopping for ladies stuff they give you a weird look. But its ok for them to go into the mens department and look at mens clothes. Anyone in here have this experience? Angie :(
I'm surprised to hear this at all! I notice men all the time now in the women's section and think nothing of it. Never have. However, wasn't paying that much attention before as I do now. And, seriously!, I don't know why you would get a weird look just for shopping in that section. Men do it all the time!

Phoebe Reece
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I prefer shopping for femme clothes when I am enfemme. I will shop for femme things when drab, but it's not nearly as much fun.

Amelie
08-04-2005, 06:40 PM
If there are other people that are around you, making it uncomfortable for you to shop,, Just make farting sounds, they'll soon leave the area, leaving you all alone to do your shopping, in peace and quiet.

Just remember the last time you went shopping for fem clothes, do you remember the other customers that were shopping there as well? Well if you can't remember the people from last time you shopped, then they don't remember you either. These are people that you probably will never see again, so don't worry if they see you, they will never remember you after that day.

Joanne08
08-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi Angie,

I've had the same problem having too many people around when I need some private time looking for just the right thing. I use the technique that I'm buying my wife or Mother and actually get sales people to help. I do not dress when in public so its really as if I'm buying something for someone else. I have had trouble when buying shoes though because I've wanted to try them on. I usually take the shoes to where the men's shoes are and descretely try them on. I read in other threads where others have done similar things with articles of clothing. Lastly, if you just make up your mind not to care what people think then you'll be in the loungerie department checking it all out.

Keep on shopping!

Jo

Sigrid
08-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Amelie's got it right... not about the farting thing... will these people remember you after you've left the store? Nope. So why would I care what they think of me while I'm in the store. But, the bigger point is, I don't think it really bothers them. I've been shopping countless times and no longer get that feeling that I'm being watched by the GG's... I honestly don't think anyone really cares.

I never assert my "right" to be shopping in womans department though. If I had ever sensed that my presence was making a GG feel uncomfortable, I walked away and came back later after she had left. There's nothing to be gained from staying whith her acting suspicious and I myself becoming self concious. This had happened very rarely and only in the lingerie department.

btw, I only go shopping for fem clothes in drab. I'd hate to have to worry about whether or not I'm passing.

Crown Royal
08-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Just purchased some heels last weekend. The young sales lady responded to my request for help as if it were totally normal for a man with breasts, wearing a skirt, stockings and blouse, to be buying heels.

GypsyKaren
08-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Nobody cares what you're doing there, so just ignore them and go about your business. If it really bothers you, try going when the store just opens, that way you'll have it pretty much to yourself.

GypsyKaren

Priscilla1018
08-04-2005, 09:07 PM
I have,over the years,been in so many lingerie departments and I have never had a problem,well maybe a few strange looks,I am used to them anyway.

Sweet Jeanette
08-04-2005, 10:10 PM
I went to Walmart recently, and (in my drab), found a pair of sandals with straps & 2 and one half inch heels I liked. --(BTW, there was a Mexican fellow looking at ladies shoes, in the same isle I was)---I took my shoes off, and tried one strappy on. It felt and looked good!---So, I boxed them up & headed for the checkout. I paid for them, amongst other things, and left!---If I had been asked, while trying them on, I would have told them: I and my wife have the same size feet!---I am "Test Driving" them for her!---HA!---No one Really cares!------Just DO IT!----Soon, I will post a pic of them, with my pretty feet in them!!! :p ----10 Bucks ain't Bad! :D

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-04-2005, 10:16 PM
As others have said, the key is acting like you're not doing anything to be ashamed of. (BTW, that's also a key part of blending if you're out en femme.)

Normally, the stores and the clerks don't care since greed is a great motivator for tolerance. I've heard many of the major chain stores do some education in this regard, although there may be issues about which dressing rooms to use with some stores.

If you need a bit of plausible deniality, one can always fall back on the shopping-for-a-gift-for-my-SO routine. Although if you do this, it's helpful to know "her" sizes instead of stammering, "uh, she's about my size..." :rolleyes:

As far as other shoppers, frankly I discovered most people are pretty oblivous. But if someone is giving you the fish-eye, going up to them and asking them what they think about a particular garment usually does the trick. Either they'll get flustered and make a quick getaway because they know they've been caught starting, or they'll geniunely try to be helpful.

Brianna Kylee
08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
i wish i had $$$ to go shopping. I did just get a job at walmart though...but college has to be greedy and take all that money. Damn education costs too much.

But if i had money i would so be at the store and buying whatever i want. Or what i could afford.

emmicd
08-04-2005, 10:35 PM
I sometimes get anxious when I shop for femme clothes but feel good after I buy what I like. I agree with Sigrid with everyting she said and also with Amelie in that people don't remember nor care.

Amelie certainly has a great sense of humor!

Emmi

maryannsung
08-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Maryanne enjoys shopping as Maryanne. But sometimes, I have to shop in drab. One thing really helps, carry a good picture of you dressed elegantly. If you are ever asked by the store clerk, tell them it's for yourself. Once they see your picture, they are usually more than helpful in helping you pick out stuff that will fit you best. Remember, shops want your business.