PDA

View Full Version : It happened again- a free week to dress and...

Erin Li
01-14-2010, 09:04 AM
...I've only dressed once. My SO goes out of town once a year for work, and everytime that I stay behind I make all these plans to dress everyday, go on shopping trips, and maybe do one night where I step out dressed. And this time, like every other time, I hardly dress. It's a strange phenemenon that when she's around, all I can think about is CDing, and when she's gone all I want to do is lounge around in my sweats, hang out with my friends, and be a general slob. In fact I think there might still be food on my face from last nights dinner.

It's Thursday already, and so far all I've done is epilated and painted the toesies Sunday night, and dressed Tuesday afternoon. I knew this would happen, and by Friday the 51 week long cycle of regretting not doing more CDing stuff will begin.

StaceyJane
01-14-2010, 09:07 AM
ahh .... Those missed opportunities..

lavistaa62
01-14-2010, 09:09 AM
No excuses- dress up today! Even if you don't go out, dress up for yourself and enjoy. You'll feel fantastic.

Mary Jane
01-14-2010, 09:20 AM
I have also been in similar situations and have found that once you get started to dress the desire quickly appears. You just have to make more of an effort to take the first step. I always enjoy my sessions regardless of how I might have felt before hand. Dressing up does require some effort. Missing opportunities to dress will haunt you later as you well know.

KimberlyJo
01-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Sometimes you just have to put the extra effort into getting the ball rolling. For me it's makeup, once I start applying some, I can't stop and end up doing the whole works.

I've been there though, it seems the more I plan to dress, the less the likelihood that I actually will.
:hugs:

Elaine Lynn
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Your lucky to have a week to dress. This is my first opportunity in about 6 months I am alone and am fully dressed . I learned a long time ago take the time and do it or youll wait another 6months to get it again.

2B Natasha
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Ounds like you GIRLFRIEND need a plan. Next time you know you'll have some time. Make plan.

Go get a make over.
Schedule a photo shot.
Set up some time at the hairdresser for a new do or how they can help you with what you've got.
Wear a wig? Go buy another and then to the hairdresser to have it styled to your face.
plan a shopping trip in another town where you stay in an hotel.

Just don't sit there and think of what you could do. This clearly isn't working for you. Plan ahead!

Lisa

Rachael Ray
01-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Erin:
What works for me is to have a "to do" list (grocery shopping, pick up dry cleaning, shopping for someone's birthday, etc.)......Then go out (as "Rach") and take care of the things I need to get done. Try it......You'll feel the sense of accomplishment of getting things done and the enjoyment of having some "girl" time......try it...it works!

carolinoakland
01-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Don't beat yourself up, we always want what we can't have... Carol

DiannaRose
01-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Erin, do this...if you won't dress for yourself, dress for the rest of us who would LOVE to have a week to ourselves. You have such an opportunity there, it brings tears to my eyes to think of you not taking the fullest advantage of it!

Just put on a skirt to slob around, or throw on some panties and nylons and go shopping! If you don't dress up this minute I'll never speak to you again, missy! :D

Don't end up regretting a lost opportunity...you can do something about it.

gennee
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Dress up, Erin. Don't blow another opportunity.

Gennee

:)

Erin Li
01-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Well thanks to all of your encouragement, and my own self-loathing for not taking advantage of the time, I went out!
Read about it here: (I started a new thread because it was so long!) http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123929

tinak415
01-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm going to have an opportunity like yours next month. My wife is going out of town for a week. I'm afraid I'll to fall into the same traps you did. I have all these great plans to get dressed and go out, but it's easy to fall into lazy boy habits too.

sherri52
01-19-2010, 10:18 PM
You may have to wait for another long stretch now. As long as your week was a good one, you'll be fine