PDA

View Full Version : The Strutting Peacock

Magickman
01-14-2010, 11:01 AM
The Strutting Peacock is an alternative expression of the man in a skirt and heels.

Rather than being torn between narrow traditional masculine and feminine roles, the peacock embraces his sexuality, and puts it on proud display.

The look and style is andogynous, appropriating elements from all sources.

The peacock is neither weakling nor sissy, but all male, albeit in a very nontradional manner.

The clothes do not make the man. It is the man who makes the clothes an expressive instrument of his personality.

The men who have become icons of history and culture, were hardly bland conformists. They tended to invent highly original modes of style and thinking.

As a peacock, I strut my stuff, publicly and without reservation. My erect stance is assertive. My stride is forthright. I face the world on my own terms, without apology.

I find enjoyment in what I do. There is no shame in being a peacock.

Karren H
01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Obviously you aren't married to my peahen... She can clip your tail feathers to a nub so fast it will make your plum droop and your beak curl...

mykhelee
01-14-2010, 01:01 PM
WOW!
The Strutting Peacock....the first time I heard this phrase was reading a concert review of the British band Uriah Heep, excellent until the late 70's. Their singer David Byron was a very flamboyant dresser, a lot a colour and silks and such, I doubt anyone ever thought of him as a sissy though. Other examples would be Marc Bolan, Early 70's IGGY, and of course Mr. Bowie.
Great post, I'm gonna dig out some tunes now.

Jamie001
01-15-2010, 09:47 PM
ROTFLMFAO

That was great Karen and really made my day. :worship:

Obviously you aren't married to my peahen... She can clip your tail feathers to a nub so fast it will make your plum droop and your beak curl...

sissystephanie
01-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I also am a Strutting Peacock. Although I don't always wear heels, I definitely do wear feminine clothing most of the time, but without a wig or makeup. My late wife took care of my wig and makeup, and without her I am totally lost. So I just do without! I am a Crossdresser, so I crossdress!!

Oh yeah, Karren! I am not concerned about your wife! Bring her on!!