PDA

View Full Version : taking the next step

sallyjones
01-14-2010, 11:22 AM
hey ladies. i love this site. i was just wondering how many of you think of taking the next step? be it removal of facial hair. starting hormones, or transition? just curious beings i am thinking of all three. please feedback on this issue would be nice.:)

Katesback
01-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Theres an old joke in the trans community that goes like this. "The difference between a TS and CD is two years". Now I realize that many CDs have no desire to transition but many also are really ts but have for whatever reason not transitioned. The world is filled with dreamers and few people that really fight to live thier dream.

Ask yourself if you are really willing to fight for your dream. Are you willing to fight the hardest fight you have ever faced? Are you willing to loose everything and have your world turned upside down and start a totally new life? These are just a few things that are common for people that transition. Kind of points out why soo many remain dreamers.

On another though I have seen many many people tackle transition, most of the younger people (say under 40 something) tend to assimilate far better than the older people. Very few 50+ people that I have met that transitioned had great success in assimilation. Many regret what they did. Many become suicidal. the story goes on and on.

In the end I always say do whatever it takes to be happy!

Katie

Karren H
01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Not on my current to-do list to step down that path too far..