PDA

View Full Version : Settled on a name.

heellover
01-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Well ladies,I've finally settled on a name for my self.
I had been trying to decide between Jasmine,Virgina,or Victoria.
I 99% sure I've decided on Victoria.I've always liked that name:daydreaming:.
It was a toss up between Virgina and Victoria.
Now that I've named my self,I'll have to post a face for you all to put the name to.

aggi123
01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
ooooo great pick! I'm surprised you hadn't had a name sooner. Seems like i picked mine ages ago =P

DiannaRose
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Victoria, I love it! Took me a little while to find the right name, too. Nicely chosen! :)

jenna_woods
01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
that's a great name

Alisa
01-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Let me be the first to say hello Victoria! :hugs: Alisa

The girl's name Victoria \v(i)-cto-ria,

vic-toria\ is pronounced vic-TOR-ee-ah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "victory". Feminine form of Victor. Victoria was a goddess who smiled on the ancient Roman people for many centuries. Early Christians adopted the name, probably due to Saint Paul's praise of "God, which giveth us the victory". Royal associations from 19th-century England's Queen Victoria and the four-syllable pronunciation give Victoria an air of dignity, formality and distinction. Victoria's short forms and nicknames are very informal by contrast. Vittoria is an Italian form; Viktoria is Czech; Victoire is French. See also Latoya. Actress Victoria Principal.

Victoria has 31 variant forms: Tori, Toria, Torie, Tory, Toya, Vic, Vicci, Vickee, Vickey, Vicki, Vickie, Vicky, Victoire, Victoriana, Victorie, Victorina, Victorine, Victory, Vika, Viki, Vikkey, Vikki, Vikky, Viktoria, Viktorija, Viktorina, Viktorine, Viktorka, Viqui, Vitoria and Vittoria.

For more information, see also related names Ria and Vita.

Victoria is a very common first name for women (#116 out of 4276) and also a very common last name for both men and women (#6829 out of 88799). (1990 U.S. Census)

linnea
01-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Victoria is a lovely name, I think. When you find one that feels right, it really makes a positive difference--congratulations!

suchacutie
01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Victoria is truly lovely!

May you enjoy it greatly!

tina