PDA

View Full Version : I love pantyhose but my GG hates them......HUMMM?

bridget jones
01-14-2010, 11:44 PM
I was talking to my girlfriend yesterday and she was talking about an interview that she had. She strongly expressed the fact that she hated the idea of having to wear hose. I don't understand this cause I love wearing hose,rather it thigh high or panty. I was wondering how many of you have heard the same from GG's and how do you feel about hose? I personally love pantyhose and would wear them as often as I could.

NikiMichelle
01-14-2010, 11:59 PM
I love pantyhose, mini skirts and high heels all of which my wife hates...to me it is a cruel joke because i could wear them all day every day but i can't yet she could!!!! arggggggggggg

Brianna in Hose
01-15-2010, 12:09 AM
My fiance is the same way. She hates pantyhose and tights. We have been together almost two years and she has only worn tights three times. Me on the other hand, I love pantyhose and tights. Starting in October to May I pretty much wear pantyhose and/or tights every day. I think that more women need to get back into wearing hosiery.

brassieres
01-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I like to taunt women with this subject to see what they say.

Terrigirl
01-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Hose are out of style right now. If you notice all of the interviews with women stars on tv, none of them wear hose anymore. It looks weird to me when they have on a pretty outfit with bare legs. I think or at least hope, hose will make a come back.

brassieres
01-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Do they show off their heels and pedicured feet instead?

NikiMichelle
01-15-2010, 12:14 AM
i'm from the frozen north (canada) and at least the women wear black tights...which i love to wear too......

Carrie
01-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Hello Bridget,

I am a GG and I reall dislike pantyhose until I have them on, then it's just OK. One reason is that Pantyhose make my legs warm. I seem to always get snags or runs (I actually bring a spare with me when I'm wearing hose). And the last reason is because I don't think wearing hose with open-toed shoes looks right and I always have a pedicure that I'd like to show off. :)

Hugs! :hugs:
~Carrie~

Kerigirl2009
01-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Not real important to me onw way or the other, but I have a question, How do you keep control top from rolling down? I know I have the right size according to the list on the package.

The last time I tried to wear tights I had to take them off because they where so hot.

Angie G
01-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Thigh highs pantie garter I love then all. Well my wife noy so much.:hugs:
Angie

VeronicaMoonlit
01-15-2010, 01:10 AM
This topic has been discussed ad-infinatum.

You have to remember, most women don't have the emotional (or in some cases fetish) connections to hose. They're simply a fashion accessory.

You also have to remember that:

1. Hose can be uncomfortable, they come in limited size ranges, and waistbands....oy what I could tell you about waistbands. Now the CD's are probably thinking: "my Wolford's/Donna Karan/Hanes hose aren't uncomfortable" And you're right, they more comfortable, but they are more expensive than the drugstore/discount store brands most women wear, and you wear them less. Imagine if you wore them every day and got snags and runs and had to replace them leading to:

2. Cost. Every dollar matters these days. Would you want to spend $100 a month just on hose.

3. Weather. Summers are warmer than they used to be and all but the sheerest hose are uncomfortable in such weather. And sheerer hose are less durable, leading to more frequent replacement, bringing up the cost issue.

4. More Casual, less formal workplaces, fewer skirts, less hose.

5. Sandals becoming more "in". Every woman under 50 knows about the no hose with sandals rule. Don't give me guff on this, I know CD's do it, but it's simply not fashionable. Just because it was acceptable and in fashion in the past, doesn't mean it is now. (I could bring up a few other well known "things" of some CD's, girdles, garter belts, bullet bras, crinolines, petticoats, ankle bracelets under hose, yadda yadda yadda)

6 Professional pedicures becoming more common, and people want to show them off...without hose.

7. Cultural changes leading to more choice for women in choosing what they wear, less restrictive dress codes and the like. Which leads to more of the people who are wearing skirts and hose, are because they "chose" to do so of their own volition, not because they were forced to, by some chauvinist pig of a boss or something.

Veronica Rogers

kellycan27
01-15-2010, 01:51 AM
I was talking to my girlfriend yesterday and she was talking about an interview that she had. She strongly expressed the fact that she hated the idea of having to wear hose. I don't understand this cause I love wearing hose,rather it thigh high or panty. I was wondering how many of you have heard the same from GG's and how do you feel about hose? I personally love pantyhose and would wear them as often as I could.

Think she would hate them even more on you?

tootsie123
01-15-2010, 01:58 AM
I live in Iowa and wear pantyhose everyday from fall to spring they feel good and help to keep warm however my wife hates wearing them also so I wear the hose and dresses in the family

Stitch
01-15-2010, 02:17 AM
I wear them as I don't have the legs for skirts otherwise but I don't think they are the be all and end all. It's just another piece of clothes to me, I do like them as now they come in really over the top colours and I love being colourful but honestly I get more excited about brightly coloured cute gloves.

I get frustrated coming to the forum and always hearing "why don't more GGs do/wear _____"
It's because we are all individual, and wear what what we want to wear. Whether it's a dress, trousers, jumpers or whatever. We wear what we genuinely enjoy wearing as there is so much choice. If I was had to wear tights all the time it wouldn't be me, I'd feel like I was just fulfilling a role.

You also have to understand that GG's don't or at least rarely have fetish's towards certain items of clothing.

Sweet Jane
01-15-2010, 02:24 AM
i wear them in winter to keep my legs warm, and to colour them, but in summer theres nothing better than a summer dress and bare legs!....

VeronicaMoonlit
01-15-2010, 02:38 AM
I get frustrated coming to the forum and always hearing "why don't more GGs do/wear _____"

Maybe I'm being Ms. Crankypants today, but that frustrates me too.

It's because we are all individual, and wear what what we want to wear. Whether it's a dress, trousers, jumpers or whatever. We wear what we genuinely enjoy wearing as there is so much choice. If I was had to wear tights all the time it wouldn't be me, I'd feel like I was just fulfilling a role.

Exactly. Some crossdressers complain that they don't have the choice to wear skirts when they want to, and then complain when women exercise their choice to NOT wear skirts.

You also have to understand that GG's don't or at least rarely have fetish's towards certain items of clothing.

I've said that before, in this thread and others, but some just don't get that their "fetish" or "love" or "obsession" blinds them to the impracticalities and downsides of certain things.

Veronica Rogers

kay2
01-15-2010, 04:15 AM
... You also have to understand that GG's don't or at least rarely have fetish's towards certain items of clothing.

I know many women that love clothes as much as the typical participant in this forum. They shop, they follow trends, and they wouldn't be caught dead in non-matching lingerie. Some never go out without hose, others love lip gloss. Some have shoe collections that would make Imelda Marcos jealous. The difference is that they are just considered girly, whereas a man with the same interest is considered to have a fetish.

VeronicaMoonlit
01-15-2010, 04:35 AM
I know many women that love clothes as much as the typical participant in this forum. ....... The difference is that they are just considered girly, whereas a man with the same interest is considered to have a fetish.

No, they're simply not fetishists. Fashionista women "think" and communicate differently about their "obsessions" than CD's with a touch of a fetish do. There's more of a sexual link in the latter.

Consider the women who do like pantyhose. I doubt they shower in their pantyhose, or wear them 24/7 even to sleep, or wear them with shorts, like some CD's do. They also probably don't go online and talk incessantly about how much they like wearing hose. That's the difference

Veronica Rogers

Sara Jessica
01-15-2010, 07:33 AM
This topic has been discussed ad-infinatum.

You have to remember, most women don't have the emotional (or in some cases fetish) connections to hose. They're simply a fashion accessory.

You also have to remember that:

1. Hose can be uncomfortable, they come in limited size ranges, and waistbands....oy what I could tell you about waistbands. Now the CD's are probably thinking: "my Wolford's/Donna Karan/Hanes hose aren't uncomfortable" And you're right, they more comfortable, but they are more expensive than the drugstore/discount store brands most women wear, and you wear them less. Imagine if you wore them every day and got snags and runs and had to replace them leading to:

2. Cost. Every dollar matters these days. Would you want to spend $100 a month just on hose.

3. Weather. Summers are warmer than they used to be and all but the sheerest hose are uncomfortable in such weather. And sheerer hose are less durable, leading to more frequent replacement, bringing up the cost issue.

5. Sandals becoming more "in". Every woman under 50 knows about the no hose with sandals rule. Don't give me guff on this, I know CD's do it, but it's simply not fashionable. Just because it was acceptable and in fashion in the past, doesn't mean it is now. (I could bring up a few other well known "things" of some CD's, girdles, garter belts, bullet bras, crinolines, petticoats, ankle bracelets under hose, yadda yadda yadda)

6 Professional pedicures becoming more common, and people want to show them off...without hose.

7. Cultural changes leading to more choice for women in choosing what they wear, less restrictive dress codes and the like. Which leads to more of the people who are wearing skirts and hose, are because they "chose" to do so of their own volition, not because they were forced to, by some chauvinist pig of a boss or something.

Veronica Rogers

So sayeth Veronica, well put!!!

Ditto. There's little that frustrates me more in these parts than to hear such babble.

I personally love pantyhose and would wear them as often as I could.

A vast majority of natal women simply wouldn't share such sentiment. It'd probably get old to you as well if you were living 24/7.

As I have often said, hosiery has it's place depending on place, weather, outfit and the overall look you're trying to achieve. For most women, hosiery is not an everyday requirement.

Marcie R.
01-15-2010, 07:57 AM
I find panty hose are very comfortable. I would wear them 24/7 if I could. On the other hand my wife stopped wearing them when she left the work force five years ago. I find that strange, as I have always felt, panty hose and stockings are very feminine.:battingeyelashes:

Tiffanycd
01-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Hello all i like pantyhose,tights,thigh highs and it back to personal preference and maybe i am wrong on this and maybe it has been said but i herd there are benefits to wearing hose varicose veins ? and i prefer pantyhose over boring itchy male long underwear (long johns):censor:.

Tiffanycd

Stockingface
01-15-2010, 08:07 AM
I absolutely love wearing pantyhose! I have so many pair that I could probably open my own store. My girlfriend wears them for work on a daily basis because it's part of her dress code, but she has told me she would rather not. I on the other hand, wear hose everyday and love the look and feel on my legs.

linnea
01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
I wesr hose as a fashion accessory. There are many times that I don't wear hose, and I wear thigh-tops more than panty hose. GGs I have known and observed wear them or dislike them for the various reasons that I've seen already posted.
I find panty hose least convenient and comfortable, and that's what I hear from GGs.
I think that it just comes down to is "look" and convenience--oh, and cost!

Lainie
01-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Pantyhose are special for me because the first time I ever wore hose with a dress, I felt--normal! I had worn hose as a fetish on & off for years, and was progressing through lingerie. Finally got the courage to buy a dress, and found it very exciting to wear it when I could. Then finally got fully dresses in what a woman would normally wear, and felt normal, womanly, ladylike. I still love that feeling.

JustAlex
01-15-2010, 10:10 AM
My wife doesn't like pantyhose either. She never did. In fact, I'd say that almost all pantyhose she bought were for me because she knows I like them.

sherri52
01-15-2010, 10:14 AM
My first wife never owned any and the second wore them only when she felt she had to. Like most of us I love them

Rachel Morley
01-15-2010, 10:25 AM
I only wear pantyhose in the winter when it's cold, which where I live, is pretty much only 2 and half months of the year. I don't particularly have any real issues with pantyhose other than they always seem to want to slip down my legs during the night (apparently I am wearing the correct size - according to the box) {legs too skinny perhaps?} .. and yes, I totally agree with Carrie ...

I don't think wearing hose with open-toed shoes looks right and I always have a pedicure that I'd like to show off. :)

Pantyhose with open-toed strappy shoes?? .....eww! .. no thanks! :doh:

PretzelGirl
01-15-2010, 10:26 AM

Unfortunately, this will probably never go away. Even if everyone on the forum got to where they won't say this, it will come back up with new people.

Hmmm....three threads. Maybe it is time to treat yourself to a pedi/mani or maybe a long bubble bath? :D :hugs:

utah beauty
01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
I love them! They are sooo feminine... though I can agree with most of my gg friends... they can be uncomfortable... and a pain to wear sometimes, though overall I like them. I don't know if I've ever met a gg that likes them honestly.

suchacutie
01-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Ok...Tina gave pantyhose a try. They were ok but a garter belt and stockings are still first on my list

However....

When I need to be outside in guy mode in the winter for an extended period of time...out come the pantyhose! In fact, since it doesn't matter whether they have a run or not, I love the fact that Tina has a few pantyhose to spare that she can't wear anymore! I put on socks and then pantyhose, then the rest of my clothes and it's soooo warm (socks first because the runs are often in the toes!).

So, yes, we wear pantyhose, but mostly him! :)

tina

wendy360
01-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I wear pantyhose with skirts because they make my legs look nice. I think they look too manly without them. I can also sympathise with GG who do not like to wear them. The other night I went to the movies and had to use the bathroom. Pulling down pantyhose and pulling them back on! What a pain just to use the bathroom.
Also thanks for the fashion report. I went out with panthose and open toed shoes. Now I know why some people looked at me differently.

Stitch
01-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I know many women that love clothes as much as the typical participant in this forum. They shop, they follow trends, and they wouldn't be caught dead in non-matching lingerie. Some never go out without hose, others love lip gloss. Some have shoe collections that would make Imelda Marcos jealous. The difference is that they are just considered girly, whereas a man with the same interest is considered to have a fetish.

I'm not sure what your implying by this, but it sounds like your saying that women who don't obsess over clothes aren't girly.

In some ways I am very girly, other way not so much. I may not meet the average standard of "feminine" to people on this forum, but in my eyes I certainly look and feel the part.
Yesterday I went to work with my nails painted bright pink with little stars set into them. I always wear bright cute make up. My outfits are always colour coordinated and my hair is immaculate, but I don't obsesses over clothes to the point of always talking about it, or get turned on at all.

Like VeronicaMoonlit says, there is a HUGE difference between a women who is interested in tights and a man with a fetish about them.
Anyway I seriously doubt that even the most fashion obsessed women have the same amount of pairs of tights in their draws as even the mildest fetishist.
Perhaps they will squeal about that new pair of shoes till the cows come home, or even talk for ages about their manicure.. but then both of those can finish an outfit, but tights are just tights. They are a small component of a complete outfit.

Samantha_Smile
01-15-2010, 01:09 PM
I fail to see how anyone could dislike wearing stockings and suspenders.
I dont feel properly yummy until I'm all strapped up.
Freedom in the bathroom. Sexy in the street (...well, living room).
They feel amazing, and I dont even shave my legs. I remember being young and wearing my mums when I had no hair on my legs, they felt like heaven! The way your calves feel as they glide past each other is about as feminine I can feel.

Hose (as you yankees would say) FTW!

Staci G
01-15-2010, 01:20 PM
What's not to love my wife hates them too. I have told her I wish I could wear them but it just pisses her off. But nothin beats a great pair of leggs

AmiFL
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
To me, there is nothing better than the feel of pantihose against your legs. Couple that with a satin slip or dress sliding against them...... heaven. BTW, my wife hates them too.......................

JulieC
01-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Pantyhose are my favorite crossdressing item. They were the first item I ever wore, and remain the thing I wear the most in women's attire.

My wife loves pantyhose and frequently wears them. Whenever she is in a dress or skirt, she's wearing hose or tights. It's rare to find her out of hose when she is in a skirt or dress, and then only in summer. She has open toed sandals, but most of her collection of shoes (quite the collection!) are peep toe or less exposure of the ends of her toes (maybe some toe cleavage showing at the top).

With regards to comfort; I've said it before, I'll say it here again, and I'll likely say it many more times. Life is too short for cheap pantyhose. If your pantyhose are uncomfortable, you're wearing the wrong pantyhose. 70% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. It's hardly surprising that most women are most likely wearing the wrong kind of pantyhose for them. Same goes for crossdressers.

Pantyhose aren't for all occasions, all environments, but they've been unfairly criticized for a number of faults that in reality go back to choosing the wrong pantyhose.

Also, while pantyhose sales trended down from 1998-2008, the downward trend has plateaued, and some hosiery companies are seeing an increase in sheer hosiery, not just tights (which have been selling pretty hot the last few years themselves). There are considerably more frequent sightings of stars and models wearing sheer hose now too.

JillyNylonz
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Pantyhose whenever she wears a dress or skirt. The only exception is when we go out together for the evening, then it is gartered rht nylons! Yes you heard it right. And she has pointed out that nylons are not uncomfortable to wear at work and that they make ones legs look better than bare legged. Well some of the other ladies at work now wear pantyhose!
And it is not unheard of for her to get whistles and compliments when we are out for the evening. Maybe other GGs will catch on? And some definitely recognize the telltale signs of real flat knit stockings, guys have tripped and fallen looking! I am proud of her and really love it when we both wear together for private fun.

vetobob9
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Most pantyhose these days are made for men, not women. Women wearing hose, can be seen as a type of cross dressing.
This is ironic because pantyhose are marketed at women, but the intended audience is men. As more men wear pantyhose than women.

For the record, you don't have to be a CD to wear pantyhose.

christinek
01-18-2010, 07:12 PM
My wife wears them to keep warm, other than that she does not wear them much.

I hate nylons, I love bare skin. The less a woman is wearing and the more I have to touch is awesome. I do not like to wear them either for the same reason.

Bare is in. :D

Leigh58
01-18-2010, 07:18 PM
As a GG, I wear hose when the occasion calls for it, but I prefer not to wear them. Veronica stated most of the reasons! :) Sometimes they aren't comfortable. Also, I have had the elastic waist quit on me while I was standing up in front of about 90 people! Just glad they didn't fall completely down before I got out of there. I went to the rest room and took them off and threw them in the trash. Maybe some of you gals can relate??:D

The only time I was ever REALLY excited about wearing hose was when I was in the 6th grade and my mother got me my first pair. Only they weren't panty hose (those were just becoming popular). I had the little garter thingy. And at the time, I loved them! But they were difficult to put on and to wear. So the fun didn't last for me. Pretty soon, I wasn't so excited about hose anymore.

Sure, I still like to dress up and get all pretty sometimes, but the hose are kind of a non-issue for me.

Just a GG's :2c: Hope that's OK.

MaudeB
01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Like NickiMichelle, I'm up from North and hoses are still in fashion and I do love 'em. In fact, it was the first item I had the guts to buy for myself :brolleyes:

Maude

Sara Jessica
01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Most pantyhose these days are made for men, not women. Women wearing hose, can be seen as a type of cross dressing.
This is ironic because pantyhose are marketed at women, but the intended audience is men. As more men wear pantyhose than women.

For the record, you don't have to be a CD to wear pantyhose.

Oh really??? :fs:

dilane
01-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Why I wear them:

1. My calves are so cut that it's ridiculous, PH smooths them out. The ripples have ripples.

2. I have some prominent leg veins, a-la some bodybuilders. Not attractive on a woman, imo. The hose minimizes them.

3. I have horrible (unattractive) feet, so there's no cute pedicure to show off :)

So, they make my legs look better. I wish I could go barelegged without being self-conscious -- I imagine everyone staring at my very un-femme legs.

Being Paige
01-18-2010, 09:24 PM
yes, I love, she hates them. She always asks how I can love to wear them so much. She even gets hotter because she knows that I don't get run's in them too often, she wears them once and their done. :)

Hope
01-18-2010, 09:30 PM
No, they're simply not fetishists. Fashionista women "think" and communicate differently about their "obsessions" than CD's with a touch of a fetish do. There's more of a sexual link in the latter.

Consider the women who do like pantyhose. I doubt they shower in their pantyhose, or wear them 24/7 even to sleep, or wear them with shorts, like some CD's do. They also probably don't go online and talk incessantly about how much they like wearing hose. That's the difference

Veronica Rogers

Yeah - absolutely, there is definitely a BIG difference between "fashonistas" and fetishists... and really the one really has nothing to do with the other. I am sure there are girls who are very fashion forward and have very serious fetishes, and there are fashonistas who have no fetish what-so-ever.

And I totally agreed with everything else you said...

But I have to disagree with the notion that women don't have fetishes. They absolutely do. Some of them are fetishes related to clothing even... I would be inclined to suggest that the reason we hear much less about women and their fetishes has more to do with the way we treat women's sexuality in our society. Which is a completely different issue.

On the OP's issue - why don't girls like nylons the way you do? Out side of all of the other reasons that you have heard is the political issue. Not only are nylons out of fashion - but they are out of fashion politically as well. It was decided about 10 years ago that nylons were constricting and a tool of patriarchy - and thus enlightened girls everywhere were to cast them off in the name of liberation. Women know what they are to say about topics related to feminism - and even if they don't agree, they almost invariably fall in line.

Don't worry - nylons will be back in vogue again soon enough. All it will take is for women to realize how how many flaws nylons cover, how much better legs look in hose, and for one pop-starlette of the month to declare how much she just LOVES nylons, how sexy and fashionable she thinks they are, and suddenly every women's magazine will run articles about how comfortable and versatile and durable nylons are. Then women will not be able to get enough of them. Eventually there will be a retrospective done on VH1 about how silly women's fashions were at the "turn of the century" and the hosts (Carson Daily I assume) will comment about how ugly women's bare legs looked, Lady Gaga will be on, (remember her?) mocking the "bare leg look" "Whatever were they thinking?" Flava Flav will chime in. Just like they will do with bell bottoms and low rise pants. And it will happen sooner than you think. Fashion was remarkably stagnant during the Bush administration (just like real wages) we are still living with the same fashions that gripped the nation in the late 1990's. Once this recession is over - expect the 1980's again.

Crystal Rose
01-18-2010, 09:36 PM
I have worn on and off since 5 and my wife is accepting my dream is one day to walk outside in a medium skirt, hose shoes and be able to pass. My wife has really actually learned from me about different types and what a difference changing brands can be.:daydreaming:

Samantha43
01-18-2010, 09:40 PM
I love wearing thigh highs.......probably the fetish thing.....and they just feel good.

My wife doesn't really care for any kind of hose. She'll wear them once in a while in the Winter with a skirt to keep her legs warm.

Meghan
01-19-2010, 01:07 AM

Wonderful, wonderful post :)

I love boots. I love the way they look and feel on me, and I love the way they look on women. They don't sexually excite me, at all. I just love the look.

Does that mean I have a boot fetish? No! I just like them!

Thank you for making such a great point.

Meghan

Byanca
01-19-2010, 02:19 AM
I follow the fashion sites here. I suspects this is also cultural. But 7/10 teenage girls post pics with hose. So they are out there. But like us it's not the majority.

I feel naked without one.

I suspect woman who hate them are very comfortable with their body, and actually prefer to show off skin.

I prefer to be dressed, little skin showing.

No hose requires very pretty legs...but it does feel nice to go without, very natural. But I dont have the confidence.

I dont use much pants, but if I do I find that pantyhose make a better fit for the pants, they fold more prettily, and keep their shape better.

allisonrn06
01-19-2010, 09:27 AM
While I love all women's clothes, pantyhose are my favorite item ,and if I'm wearing only one fem item( which seldom happens) it'll be pantyhose. My wife has worn them in the past, but says she doesn't lke them, and doesn't understand why I like them so much. I agree with what some others have said though, that some GG's just shouldn't go bare legged I think of Kathie Lee on the Today show as an example. I think she's very pretty, but doesn't have the legs to go without hose anymore.:2c:

Elle1946
01-19-2010, 10:28 AM
I know of few women that like to wear stockings or pantyhose. Just special occasions. I think that if it wasn't for us the nylon hosiery business would go bust.

EnglishRose
01-19-2010, 10:30 AM
I wear high denier hose or tights to hide my leg hair that I really can't shave. I really look on them as functional only but there's no way I'm going to wear a dress or skirt without. On the other had, boots as someone mentioned are a love of mine and I adore how they look.

lauraabdl
01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
SO dosen't like panty hose either. I on the other hand like hose. I especially enjoy thigh high's with garters, belt or waist nipper or corset, get my meaning. Panty hose are also great just harder to find in the right size.
Laura Lee

Niya W
01-19-2010, 11:11 AM
I only wear pantyhose in the winter when it's cold, which where I live, is pretty much only 2 and half months of the year. I don't particularly have any real issues with pantyhose other than they always seem to want to slip down my legs during the night (apparently I am wearing the correct size - according to the box) {legs too skinny perhaps?} .. and yes, I totally agree with Carrie ...

Pantyhose with open-toed strappy shoes?? .....eww! .. no thanks! :doh:
I were hosiery only when its cold .Brrr Sacramento can dip into the 20s. I thought it was a fashion no no to were panty hose with open toes shoes .

Back to the original question I think what are seeing is fetishes vrs fashion and comfort . When I started being Niya 5-8 days in arrow my style of dress did change some what. Dressing in a less fetish way , more dressing for comfort and style . SOme of the CD's Id be out with are like you dont have yuour toenails done , or you didn't line your eyes .

LoriB
01-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I love the feel of pantyhose on shaved legs and yes they do help to even out the minor flaws we all have. My wife wears them maybe once or twice a year for a special occasion.
I suspect the bare legged look really became popular after the TV show Sex and the City, but in all honesty how many GG's over 30 still have the stunning legs of their youth. A nice pair of hose can really give a polished look to most outfits.

jolanda_trav
01-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I love wearing pantyhoses, but my wife hates them, because they itch her as she says.

JulieC
01-19-2010, 05:57 PM
I love wearing pantyhoses, but my wife hates them, because they itch her as she says.

My wife had this problem, but kept trying different kinds of pantyhose until she found some types that didn't make her itch. Hating all pantyhose because some pantyhose itch is like hating all hamburgers because some taste bad.

Shannon Solomon
02-03-2010, 01:57 AM
I absolutely love to wear pantyhose. Personally I feel they finish any outfit. Picking the right pair to wear can make or break an outfit. Some woman (my wife included) seem to see pantyhose as all the same and if they must wear hose will just buy anything convenient and cheap thinking that it doesn't really matter what hose she wears.

It totally drives me nuts! I have become a bit of a pantyhose fanatic and am cursed with obsessing over the right hose to wear. Pantyhose are not just pantyhose. Deciding on the right color, sheerness, shine or pattern can turn any outfit into a real head turner.

I wish more women enjoyed wearing pantyhose as much as I do :)

xoxo shannon

TrekGirl1701
02-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Guess I'm in the vast, almost non-existent minority on this. I've never seen the point of pantyhose. Granted I do think dark tights look really good with a skirt during the winter, but that's about the only situation where I think it even looks good. I'm not even a big skirt/dress wearer, further enforcing my choice to not wear pantyhose.

Throw things at me and boo me off the stage, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :)

jill_cd_girl
02-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Yes I love the pantyhose - absolutely. My wife, on the other hand, hates them. It's fine though - she is free to dress as she wishes and I love her all the same for it.

But when she does wear pantyhose, I do get all wired and charged up, and I end up passionately ravaging her!

Also: pantyhose can be worn with open-toe shoes - just wear sandal-foot (rather than reinforced toe). (No toe-notch sandals with pantyhose though).

Two reasons I've heard consistently against pantyhose from some women I know are: 1. It's very uncomfortable mainly in the waist area, especially the waistband around the stomach; and 2. it keeps sagging down.

nevertheless, i love pantyhose.

nylon boy
02-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Sexy sheer hose/tights are gorgeous and i envy my girl wearing them as much as i admire her for putting them on,They finish off sexy office attire to a tee!I love it when she walks in from work dressed in them,all the while reminising about me in a similar outfit a few hours earlier.....mmmmm!

I do understand your frustration at her not liking them though!Does she not like stockings either?

kimdl93
02-03-2010, 10:55 AM
My wife wears pantyhose and those damned Spanks regularly to work. I know a lot of younger women are going without hose, but it was a dress requirement at my last job. Also, I notice that my step daughters often wear tights rather than nude hose. So, I think its really a matter of fashion sense for them.

As for me...I like wearing tights and nylons (either pantyhose or thigh highs) partly because of how they feel and how my legs look.

silkenhose
02-03-2010, 11:23 AM
my SO wears stay ups 8 months of the year when she has on dresses and skirts.....which she does alot. She will wear nude sheer hose with skirts and boots or shoes and it looks fantastic, She also wears tights and leggings.

She is not a fan of pantyhose for the reasons listed in above posts however does wear them occationally when colder out with skirts. never wears pantyhose with dresses as she says they show a line on her waste as most of her dresses are tight fitting. Now i am in pantyhose nearly all the time, she likes the way they make my rear look and they have this way of making me more submissive to her. She says i listen better when i am in them........

btw i travel alot and am seeing alot more women in nude hose, alot more than couple years ago......

silk

sonia_dargency
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
I love pantyhose and my wife does not. All the reasons cited above can apply.

I love that thread - it boils down to the point of why men dress as women.

It is obvious that we do not wear the same things for the same reasons, for instance no women in her right mind would wear pantyhose or a bra to sleep...
To make a comparison, rare are the men who enjoy wearing a shirt and a tie all day and they would certainly consider insane whoever would wear such attire to bed.

Often women dress up to impress other women, not to seduce men or because they like complicated outfits.

Trying to be honest with myself and reading GG's and CD's accounts, I gathered a few thoughts:

#1 - There is a search for security and comfort in wearing feminine items, it acts like a pacifier or Linus' blanket; it's a return to the womb.

#2 - Most men also have sexual fantasies involving their mother, whether they admit it or not.

#3 - Most crossdressers started by wearing their mom's stuff - See #1 & 2.

#4 - Every human mind is a blend of male and female traits, with more male traits in men and more female traits in women. therefore it is natural to have a feminine side.

#5 - You don't need to dress as a women to express your feminine side, although the roleplay makes more sense that way.

#6 - Men who are not crossdressers are also in search for security and comfort, they just find it in big breasts or other features.

#7 - To maintain social order, society condemned #1 to #5 and approved #6, leaving the rest of us to deal with their guilt, shame and other negative feelings.

Coming to peace with crossdressing will imply CDers to search deep inside their mind what realy is there. I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling good wearing pantyhose yet I am cautious not to hurt my wife's feeling by showing it off. She, too, wants security and comfort in bed, but her things is hugging a pillow, or better, holding my hand.

Sonia

5150 Girl
02-03-2010, 03:10 PM

I think this sums it up pretty well right here....
In regard to # 4 & 7,,, For meany GG's hose yhave been manditory for a long time, and Americans don't like to be told what they can and can't do!
Point #1 serves to exaserbate this fenominon... It's the old addage you get what you pay for, and when hose were mostly manditory, most GG's oped cheepo for their hose and got saggy, ichy, ill-fitting hose. Cheep hose that run easily, which made them think, well, if they're going to run so esily, I don't see the point in dropping coin for the good stuff, without stopping to consider for the extra coin, you get a better made, longer lasting, better fitting product!

My SO dosn't mid hose, but right now she has some health issues that make it hard for her to wear them right now.
I love hose and would wear them 27/7 if i could!

Amanda Katharine
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
My wife would wear hose most any day for me as she enjoys the feeling of them against her legs. She's especially fond of Wolford Neon and Fatale brands. I'd recommend to anyone with this problem, try getting your SO a pair of Wolfords and letting her try them if you've not already. Yes they are a little pricey, but who knows, it might be the best money you've ever spent. I had an ex once who loathed hose with a passion but I got her a pair of Wolford's and she enjoyed them immensely, as did I.

sonia_dargency
02-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I agree with quality

I have to say that I had my share of cheap pantyhose and now prefer to put my money in the real thing. I am not to Wolford yet, but getting there.

I think that if my wife were to get in the mood for those pretty things again, I would definitely steer her toward something of higher grade.

Sonia

MissyW
02-04-2010, 03:05 AM
I love them and my wife hates them ! She only wears them when necessary

yvonne10
02-04-2010, 03:28 AM
i also wear tights every day and my wife hates them she only wears them when she really has to which i have to say is very rare she lives in trousers

JasmineD
02-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't remember when my wife wore a pantyhose. She has not owned one in as long as I can remember. I on the other hand find them irresistible. Feeling of tingle and soft pressure on legs is just amazing.

shawn123
02-04-2010, 06:41 PM
It's exactly the same here. I love thigh-highs and heels, my wife hates heels and rarely wears hose.

Sandra65
02-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I think mine sees them as a necessary evil and has very limited preferences. Last winter, she started wearing black opaques (my favourite) on a regular basis. I on the other hand adore them. I'm always on the look out for different colours, patterns, styles and formats, especially fashion or textured ones.

VanessaVW
02-05-2010, 03:53 PM
I love hose, my girlfriend just wears them because she has to. I will say that mine are much nicer than hers. She tolarates me wearing them. I love her!!!

charlie
02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
It seems that almost all GG's hate hose. And all CD love them. Must be because hose is something that is only made for woman's use. It is like a dress (it seems that lots of women do not like wearing dresses that much either), a garment that is meant for only women to wear. We like dresses alot too!

Elaine Lynn
02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
My wife always wore pantyhose when she was younger. Now she only wears them on holidays when she wears a dress. This christmas she had to ask me for a pair of mine since she didn't even have any of her own. She knows I have a good stock since she will buy them for me when I ask so what's mine is hers I quess.

MelanieCA
02-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Although I have to admit that my legs look fabulous in hose, I don't really like the feeling. One of the great benefits of shaving my legs is the feel of the skirt flowing and bouncing around my legs, and I lose that when I wear hose. Maybe it's the wrong kind of hose?

Jeanna
02-06-2010, 05:22 AM
i wear them in winter to keep my legs warm, and to colour them, but in summer theres nothing better than a summer dress and bare legs!....

I agree!

Jeanna

Frédérique
02-06-2010, 06:18 AM
She strongly expressed the fact that she hated the idea of having to wear hose. I don't understand this cause I love wearing hose,rather it thigh high or panty. I was wondering how many of you have heard the same from GG's and how do you feel about hose? I personally love pantyhose and would wear them as often as I could
I can understand it. I imagine if I was a woman (I wish!), and I was expected to wear gender-specific clothing while growing up (and beyond), I would come to have an aversion to things like pantyhose. Since males don’t grow up being expected to wear such interesting garments, they become fetish objects to be worn and worshipped secretly as the fetishist sees fit…:o

I assume that, by a similar fashion, females would ditch skirts and dresses as soon as they could and wear more practical things (especially in the winter). I can only speak for myself, but it’s the difference one feels while wearing less practical garments (like skirts) that makes all the difference. It feels odd, it feels wonderful, it feels wrong, and it feels right, all at the same time…:battingeyelashes:

LauraL
02-06-2010, 10:26 AM
I love to wear them all. I have so many colors and styles. While my wife wears leggings and tights, she rarely wears hose. She says it was all of those previous years in the "dressy" work force that tired her on them. She does wonder why I love them so, as she considers them a lot of trouble. But she also understands my needs.
LauraL

JamieToo
02-10-2010, 06:39 AM
My wife has great legs. I rarely see them anymore. When we met, she was working and wore pantyhose almost every day. I loved it. Now I never get to see her in pantyhose. She only owns about three pair and they are all black.

I, on the other hand, love pantyhose. The very first feminine garment that I wore was a pair of sheer pantyhose, and I was hooked. If I could wear pantyhose every day, I would be in heaven.

My wife says that they are uncomfortable and hot. Others say that that they can't find a pair that fits well. I think that pantyhose can be hot, in the summer, but any other time they aren't too hot and in the winter, they are wonderful. As far at them being uncomfortable, I think that many women don't buy the correct size pantyhose. Part of the problem has to do with the sizing designations. Some manufacturers call their largest sizes Queen, or Full Figure. What woman wants to admit that she is overweight or out of shape. If they called them something else, like 'C', women may be more likely to buy the correct size. After all, you don't have to be overweight to need a Queen size. Even if you are tall, you'll need a larger size.

The idea that they can't find a size that fits is ridiculous. There are hundreds of pantyhose from which to choose, and with the internet, you can purchase pantyhose from anywhere in the world. It will take some trial and error, but you can eventually find pantyhose that fit correctly and which are comfortable.

Also, my wife insists on wearing control top pantyhose. Ugh. I hate control tops. I love sheer to waist. I think that if more women passed up the control tops they'd like pantyhose better.

Lastly, the sheer variety of pantyhose is wonderful. You can now get pantyhose in various sheernesses (is that a word) from very sheer to opaque (which I also love, but can't convince my wife to even try), in every imaginable color, in prints, textures, and varying styles. They make your legs look smooth and sexy and they feel fantastic. What's not to like?

StarrOfDelite
02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Most women I know wear slacks about 90% of the time at work and at social events. They wear knee hi's instead of panty hose for all of the reasons cited here: comfort, bathroom convenience, less expense, less of a hassle getting them on straight.

I much prefer thigh highs, with garter belts if I can justify it, instead of panty hose when I'm wearing a skirt.

Most women I know wear panties under the panty hose. Do you CD girls who wear panty hose a lot wear undies, too? I seem to see a lot of self-pix posted on other sites in which the only underwear the person has on is the pantyhose, which seems to me would be not very utilitarian, and not inclined to help with 'the tuck.'

jenna_woods
02-10-2010, 11:37 AM
my self I love panty hose, I weare them all time