PDA

View Full Version : Does our partner buy any of your clothes?

belindat
01-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm interested in knowing how many of you have supportive partners to the extent that they actually pick out your clothes for you. And if so what's your favourite that they have purchased.

My wife buys my clothes. Everything from panites to hats. She also makes some items like panites. My favourite item, she has purchased for me, is a very short pale lemon nightie. I can't wait to go to bed just so I can wear it. She often comments on my looks and says how pretty I would have been as a female.

I'm so lucky that my wife supports the way I am. I only wish those who haven't got supportive partners, that one day your dreams can come true.

Karren H
01-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Mine won't buy me male clothing any more let alone female....

Susancd
01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
My wife picks out and occasionally buys some of my clothes. My current favourite is a bra that she found in the sales last weekend.
I agree that those of us with supportive wives are privileged, there are too many who are not as fortunate.
Susan x

az_azeel
01-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Yup.. just the other day my beloved Alexis bought me a black n white tiger pattern satin dress.... i love her to bits.. ;)

june58
01-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Mine doesn't buy me clothes, but when we are out shopping together she will let me buy whatever I want and give me her opinion.

Sophie
01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Hell yeah! she buys me loadsa stuff! But usually because i've asked for it! She says it is in return for me being her fashion consultant! We love going shopping together! just a shame i never get to try anything on:sad:. SHe often tries things on for me though, useful as we are the same size!:)

Sophie

alexis GG
01-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Yup.. just the other day my beloved Alexis bought me a black n white tiger pattern satin dress.... i love her to bits.. ;)

And don't forget the pink dress, the umpteen pairs of knickers and the headbands as well :brolleyes:

Joni Marie Cruz
01-15-2010, 05:28 PM
My wife, bless her heart, gives her opinion on my choices when we go out shopping together and helps curb some of my wilder excesses. She's also gotten me things like jewelry, scarves, sweaters and so on.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Melissa Anne
01-15-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm fortunate/lucky enough to have a supportive wife, and yes, she does help me select/buy my clothes quite often.

Nicole Erin
01-15-2010, 05:37 PM
No one buys clothes for me but then clothes are hard to pick out for someone else. So nothing there really.

I did however, just get back with my wife from a clothing store where she racked up over $200 in new outfits for her, on my credit card, does THAT count? :eek:

Babette
01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
When it comes to picking out clothes and coordinating colors or outfits, I am the most inept person in the world. Therefore, I have to give all of the credit where it is due and that is too my wife. She is phenomenal!:love:

Babette

minalost
01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
My wife has offered to go shopping WITH me, but would not want to shop FOR me. Frankly our tastes in clothing, male, female, or otherwise, are not even remotely the same. We haven't done any shopping together for Mina yet, but I'm hoping for this weekend...

Sandra
01-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Apart from buying items for birthdays, Christmas etc, we always shop together :D

Melissa in hose
01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
My dear wife has made me a French Maid costume to clean the house during "Melissa" time. She has gone with me to the store and told me what she liked, but mostly she asks that when I buy something for Melissa that I pick up something for her too. My wife does not think it is fair that Melissa gets a new outfit every so often and she doesn't. She will then sometimes tell me what she wants me to wear when I dress up.

Danielle Gee
01-15-2010, 06:28 PM
My wife buys me girly clothes on occasion (birthday, Christmas etc) She has "picked up" various items I request when she's going and I'm not.....But mostly we shop togather:hugs:

Carroll
01-15-2010, 06:42 PM
yep

Toni_Lynn
01-15-2010, 06:46 PM
You betcha she does. In fact I'm wearing PJs that she bought for me as I type this.

Its funny when we go shopping and she sees something, I'll say 'You'd look nice in that' and she'll replay, 'I was looking at it for you!'

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

lingerieLiz
01-15-2010, 11:51 PM
We shop together. She will point out things that I could wear. We don't really buy each other things as we both have personal preferences and don't always like the same things. She has given me presents xmas etc. that were fem. Our biggest problem is that we both have more clothes than we will ever wear so we have cut back.

AllieSF
01-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Since I am single with no SO, I do not have that separate independent partner to buy me things. Alas, I must rely on my very trusted "other half", Al, who suprisingly has the same excellent taste in clothes and styles that I do. It seems to work very well. He has learned to measure properly for fit, when not possible to try on in the store. I must say that he has really brought home some wonderful great buys and surprises without my direct input. I love him so!

:love: :hugs:

Stephanie Miller
01-16-2010, 12:17 AM
My wife has bought many things for me. And I have to say she has much better taste than I do. There will be dresses and blouses that she gets me that I don't really like at first, but then after wearing them out they turn out to be favorites. She just knows my taste better than I do. Except shoes. We agree way too much. Why are shoes such an attraction? Go figure.

cdinmd206
01-16-2010, 08:55 AM
My wife does not like to shop period. I have to drag her into clothing stores and pick out outfits for her to try on. I have gotten some really nasty looks from other lady shoppers as I look through the racks of clothing. It's great though when the wife informs them that she dislikes shopping and that I insist she get new clothes and buy them for her.

linnea
01-16-2010, 09:55 AM
My wife has not bought me any fem clothes; she loves to buy male clothes for me and I sometimes shop with her when she's out looking for her own wardrobe.

KarenHiller
01-16-2010, 10:03 AM
She's bought me just about everything, from lingerie to dresses and jewelry. My favorite is a slinky red dress which we both love on me.

Karen

JenniferZ
01-16-2010, 10:13 AM
My last girlfriend did. We would go shopping together once and awhile and she would tell me what she thought would look good. She would buy shoes for me. On a regular basis she would also pick up nylons for me and would help apply make up.

Jennifer

StacyCD
01-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't know if my SO will ever get to that point. Right now she has only seen me with painted toes, panties and satin pajamas. I guess I can't complain too much because my SO is more 'tolerant' than others. But I still wish for acceptance.

Staci G
01-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Oh she buys them, she just don't know they are for me too!

Tommie T.
01-16-2010, 10:59 AM
She has bought things for me for years.We often shop together for clothes for me too.I luv it when she comes home from shopping and says I've got a prize for you.That means some thing new to try on and often leads to a romp in the hay.She gives me "hand me downs often as well.

theresa
01-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes she buys things for me as gifts or even when she sees a good sale. She loves shopping just for fun and so I'm very lucky that I benefit from this. I will shop for things as well and have fun but I tend to go shopping when I have something in mind that I'd like. She, in the other case, just loves to shop.

Christmas is a great day around here.

aprilgirl
01-16-2010, 11:38 AM
My wife has either bought or helped me select nearly everything in my current collection. She has a pretty good sense of style and somehow can tell what will work on my body type and what won't. She's equally good with sizing too, as sizes range depending on the maker. We both get a chuckle from her occassional requests to borrow something from Kim. My favorite item would be whatever I may be wearing on a particular day.

Veronica Lacey
01-16-2010, 11:59 AM
No such luck here. While my wife is tolerant of my dressing she has no desire to see me dressed nor help me build my wardrobe. Nice to read that so many others have willing wardrobe spouses.

I seem to recall that the missus tried to purchase once at my behest but she felt very distant for the rest of the day. I did not argue but admit that I was disappointed that it registered so sour for her. In my mind, of course, I think it should be no big deal but in her mind it rings very different. She wants to see her man in guy mode 24/7 and cannot imagine me in lingerie, heels and a dress. She knew of my dressing one month after we met and knew who she was marrying five yers later but sometimes that does not reprogram 30+ years of gender and social programming. Life's like that sometimes.

Bless her heart, though, she tried. I know now not to ask and that is the way it goes. She's still a gem, though :)

Jenny Beth
01-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Over the years my wife has bought me everything from cosmetics to shoes. Just last week she told me she was going to order a couple of bras and asked if I needed any. What a silly question! I've never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth....:D

kellycan27
01-16-2010, 12:10 PM
He pays for them.................Does that count? :heehee:

Rachel Morley
01-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Yes, all the time! My wife has been instrumental in the development of my crossdressing. It was her who first encouraged me to be more feminine and to help me understand that it's ok to be a girly guy and to publicly show it. My point is, she lead (and still leads) the way as far my dressing goes. She has always been the one to buy almost everything I own and I don't feel comfortable buying anything myself without first getting her opinion on it and if she thinks "it's me".

My style of presentation is because of her, in fact you could say it's a case of .... "Rachel by Marla" :)

JamieG
01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
My wife has bought me a few things here and there, usually on birthdays or Christmas. My favorite to wear is a tie between a cool pair of brown high heeled ankle boots and a silky brown skirt from Banana Republic. However, my favorite gift to receive was when I was away on business, she told me that she had mailed something to the hotel for me and that I shouldn't open it in front of anyone. It was only a pair of black tights from J.Crew, but the way she did it was what made it special.

madison lee
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
My wife has purchased ALL of my stuff. For Christmas 99% of my presents were Lingerie. She says I have no fashion sense so I am not allowed to buy own clothes, she picks them out for me. And sense she knows my tastes better than I do its all great things that she gets for me.

Melanie R
01-16-2010, 03:31 PM
My wife over the past 30 years has bought me most of the feminine attire in my closets, but we have this week signed a pledge that neither of us will buy any feminine attire other than hose and some shoes due to the reality that we do not have enough years left in our lives to wear what we have in our closets. We will see how long this last until she sees another dress that she feels would look so good on me.

Shareecd
01-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Last night my wife gave me a new pair of strin bikinis and kept saying how good they looked on me. She has bought me several things. Another question: My wife is supportive of my dressing but does not know about my name. should I tell her?

jenna_woods
01-16-2010, 06:28 PM
well I buy all my wife's vloths includeinf bras and panty's have for years, she says I have better taste in what she should wear.

Kathi Lake
01-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Actually, I buy my wife's clothes. The poor thing just doesn't have any sense of style or what looks good on her. Almost every night that I hear, "What should I wear tomorrow?" That begins the process where we go to her closet and I get to pick out what I wished I would wearing the next day. She knows about me and allows me this vicarious pleasure. Everybody wins!

:)

Kathi

Jennifer_Cross
01-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Everything I have was bought by my SO...

WendyD
01-16-2010, 10:33 PM
My wife bought me some pantys for Christmas.

5150 Girl
01-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes, my Polar Bear buys me things, and will even help me decide on an outfit for the day.... :love:

msniki48
01-17-2010, 12:19 PM
My wife tends to buy me underthings and silk PJ's and night gowns, especially for christmas, so that niki feels part of the festivities. I almost have to force her to go shopping though...even for herself. that is not her strong suit.

Most of my ensembles are picked out by me.

hugs

msniki48

rachelcdtvcd
01-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Luckily I have a best friend that knows I dress and goes shopping with me. She has a large input on how I dress, what I buy, how I do my makeup, etc. If she wasn't already taken, I'd marry her!!! Lol, I'm thankful that I have someone so special that will help me when she can. I even let her choose my last wig.

Sarah Doepner
01-17-2010, 03:48 PM
My bride isn't much into shopping for clothes for her, so getting something for me is a long shot. Besides, I think she is getting a little distressed that my things are taking up too much of the closet.

She usually wants to see what I buy and how it goes with other things I've bought, but buying things for Sarah is well down on her list. That's okay by me though, we agree I have a better sense of what I need than she does anyway.

Kim_Bitzflick
01-17-2010, 06:26 PM
My wife has bought me fem items but most of the time we are out together & she picks out things for me to try on. Usually she has a good eye for what looks good. If you look in the picture gallery, you will see me in my new sweater she picked out. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123475&highlight=sweater

Destiny
01-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Probably 75% of the time I shop alone, mainly due to convenience during the day but I love to go shopping with my wife, it's always fun and alot more comfortable. Especially makeup shopping, that seems to usually turn out better with her input. :)

Samantha_Smile
01-17-2010, 09:22 PM
My fiance still doesnt know Im wearing what she buys for herself. Let alone for me!

One day maybe?:daydreaming:

christinek
01-17-2010, 10:52 PM
My wife buys a lot of stuff for me, half of the Christmas presents under the tree were for Christine, from Makeup to Skirts and Blouses.

debbeelee1
01-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Yep, she buys lots of girly things for me. I like surprises! she also make me lots and lots of jewelry too!

SouthernBelle.GG
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
I've bought or helped my Hubby pick out so many things. He's actually asked me to curb my spending. I couldn't tell you what is his favorite item, but he really seems to like the silky nighties best.

Desiree8
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
My wife surprises me with silk/satin jammies, and nighties. Once in a while she will pick up some cute undies for me. I am sooo fortunate!

JaytoJillian
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
gawd no!

pinklilly211
01-26-2010, 09:20 PM
My hunny dosen't want anything to do with my crossdressing. but I still got a beautiful pink silky nitie from her for christmas!!!
Lilly

Meghan
01-27-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm interested in knowing how many of you have supportive partners to the extent that they actually pick out your clothes for you. And if so what's your favourite that they have purchased.

My wife buys my clothes. Everything from panites to hats. She also makes some items like panites. My favourite item, she has purchased for me, is a very short pale lemon nightie. I can't wait to go to bed just so I can wear it. She often comments on my looks and says how pretty I would have been as a female.

I'm so lucky that my wife supports the way I am. I only wish those who haven't got supportive partners, that one day your dreams can come true.

My SO (and now, my wife) has bought me no less than 3 different outfits during the last 2 months. She bought me this wonderful red negligee (from Macys!) for our honeymoon last week.

She told me yesterday that the next outfit would be one that I picked out.

Why does that thought scare me so much?

Meghan

bethany356
01-27-2010, 12:54 AM
I just got Ver 5 pairs of wicked cute VS Pink panties... and I don't know who's more excited about it!:daydreaming:

t-girlxsophie
01-27-2010, 01:18 AM
My Wife is always suprising me with special little presents.from lingerie and outfits to jewellery and make-up.Dont get me wrong i absolutely adore girlie shopping,but when she comes home with that bag from my favourite boutique,it just confirms her love and understanding of my female side,and I am like a giddy schoolgirl when i open up that bag and see what she has bought me

The loveliest item she bought for me was the most gorgeous pale green chiffon dress,very floaty with sweetheart neckline,Its the most feminine dress i have and I love to wear it for special occasions in our life,and I appreciate everything she does for Sophie,of course i return the favour by buying her :love:

AliceJaneInNewcastle
01-27-2010, 06:40 AM
My wife doesn't buy me clothes unannounced, but she does buy material, yarn and beads, etc for the clothes and jewellery that she makes for me. :)

We also share some clothes, including some that she had before we met and some clothes that I've bought recently.

Debutante
01-27-2010, 06:45 AM
My wife has bought me many clothes. The latest being a lovely lander-blue nightie, and a light turquoise nightgown... I love them, and I use the every evening with her!

Tina L.
01-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Just last week my so bought me some black satin pj's and one
really cute top.

Tina L.

lauraabdl
01-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I must agree StacyCD. Painted toes, lots of panties (way more than she has), satin pj's an clear nail polish. But still wishin she was more accepting. SO used to buy me panties but now she allows me time in the ladies dept from time to time. guess that isn't so bad.

Amymonroe
01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
my wife and i buy for each other. she is very supportive. i love her.

amy

Stitch
01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I bought my partner a pretty necklace once, but as for clothes no.
I hate clothes shopping the best of times, even more so when it's not for me. :heehee:
I find it hard enough to find clothes that suit my personality, I don't know where I'd begin trying to put myself in her shoes and figure out what she'd like. I mean I have a vague idea of the clothes she likes.. but I have a completely different tastes and would probably miss the mark. Hyper cute girl =/= elegant gothic lady.

It's not that I'm uncaring or anything. I just bought him an Xbox 360 for no reason and he is over the moon.

Tina B.
01-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Yes she does, years ago it was a squinted Christmas Jacket and long Velvet skirt, still a favorite. But lately it was a group of nylon blouses she found on sale. She also has bought me shoes. Christmas and Birthdays, I have gotten scarfs, hats, and Jewelry, and from Night gowns to dresses. Blouses and skirts she has bought just because she saw it and thought it might be cute on me. It's going on 40 years and I never get tiered of being spoiled.
Tina B.

JustAlex
01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
My wife buys me stuff. I do too sometimes.
Recently I went to Virginia and bought packs of panties for both of us (Hanes are not available here), a nightgown and a couple tunics for her.
She buys panties and stockings for me, nighties once in a while.

I guess my favorite is a panties/bra set she bought me for our anniversary. But you know how it is, there's always a new favorite coming your way.

The best part, I get everything she doesn't like. Her mother always bought a pair of pink panties for her. old weird tradition. It's supposed to be given in Christmas and worn on New Year's eve. My wife hates pink panties... so it's my duty to comply with the tradition.
My mother fed my crossdressing needs buying underwear for my wife that my wife hates. Including a couple cotton teddies that I love to wear in cold winter days.

Kendra39
01-27-2010, 05:53 PM
My wife has bought me several things. The most memorable was when we were looking at lingere with me in guy mode and she handed me a pink teddy and said go try this on............it fit and it looked even better later in girl mode. We love Ross, so many cheap dresses to choose from. We usually take turns paying at Ross. I just wish they had more in size 13 shoes.

Joanne f
01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Last week we were in a shop and i was carrying a top , a woman walked by and said " are you going to buy that for your wife " my wife look around and said " no i am buying it for him" it made the woman laugh and i blushed (as i am shy):o

Being Paige
01-27-2010, 07:34 PM
nope, not a thing, I'm lucky that she tolerates what she does, which isn't much but more then what others have. I can live with that!

suchacutie
01-27-2010, 09:40 PM
I have bought two items of clothing for myself...and What a Disaster! Niether of them were flattering on me at all!

So, I check with my fashion consultant all the time before anything is purchased (except for the things that can't go wrong: stockings, shoes, panties..)

Likewise, we don't often buy clothes for each other without checking to see if we might actually like the clothes! We will go shopping together, but even if we are buying online we check with each other, gender notwithstanding!

tina

Cathytg
01-28-2010, 12:24 AM
My wife - and her best friend - just bought me lovely blouse for my birthday. I like it.

JamieToo
01-29-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm not out to my wife, so no; however, I could imagine that if there was some way for her to accept my CDing, buying clothes, which she loves to do, would be fun for her. She wanted a girl, but instead we have two boys. One reason she wanted a girl was so she could shop for clothes for her. I'd love it if she shopped for me.

ChaCha
01-29-2010, 08:38 AM
My wife's the best. She buys me clothes, bras, panties, and we just went and bought me a new wig last weekend. I couldn't ask for anything more.

PetiteTonya
01-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes, everything. Every single thing.

Bowmanls2
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
My wife often buys me sexy lingerie! I love her soooo much!

Ellis
01-29-2010, 07:11 PM
My wife has bought me lots of clothes. What I also like about it is that she has encouraged me that way to try something new, stuff that I would normally normally not buy myself, thinking that I wouldn't like it, when it sometimes turned out that I did like it! I love those discoveries. :daydreaming:

sherri52
01-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Neither of my partners bought me clothes, but I have a few friends that give me thier lingerie when thier not going to use them any more. One just gave me a large bag full.

Tina2
01-30-2010, 02:11 AM
My wife has bought me a nightgown and some panties. Intellectually I think she accepts it, but emotionally I think it bothers her. I don't feel comfortable wearing the nightgown to bed with her because of her body language. But then I may just be projecting my own lack of self acceptance.

Debra Jane
01-30-2010, 04:13 PM
My first wife did not tolerate it, but always knew. My second wife always wanted a sister and is ribbed by her brothers about how she used to dress her little brother up and take him out as her sister.

So yes, she actively encourages and buy's for me and I never know when she say's "look at that skirt" etc whether she means for me or her, delicious feeling when she say's "for Debra".

Funny thing is though I am not allowed to use makeup or have a wig, can't win em all and I no complain.

Kelseydaniels
01-30-2010, 08:37 PM
My wife doesn't buy clothes for me, but a lot of times she's the first to wear them herself... and she's totally cool with me wearing them too!

natashab
01-31-2010, 06:01 PM
On my road of exceptance we went shopping today but it was not that easy. Hubby wanted stuff which unfortunatly was not available in his size but we found something which I had in mind for myself and he liked it too for himself. Actualy it looks good on us both so we unplanned have matching outfits. I never once felt strange or resentful buying the stuff and actualy prounced around a shop trying on the highest heels. We were having a good laugh.

Missy
01-31-2010, 06:09 PM
my wife has bought me bras panties nighties jeans shirts dresses sockes and a whole lot more

allisonrn06
01-31-2010, 06:13 PM
My wife got me a wig and a schoolgirl outfit for Christmas, so yeah, she does occasionally buy me things!!:)

PretzelGirl
01-31-2010, 08:51 PM
I tried selling her what I don't want, but she isn't interested. :tongueout

Abbyru1
01-31-2010, 10:09 PM
On rare occasions. Not so much as a regular thing though.

Jenniferpl
02-01-2010, 05:09 AM
My wife has purchased a few things for me. Mainly panties and makeup. For Christmas she gave some exerise leggings. She has offered that she will buy things for when we shop together. However, since we rarely shop together that has yet to happen.

Angie G
02-01-2010, 08:21 AM
She has. a few times. My favourite is a blue sheer blouse and cami set.:hugs:
Angie

Chloe Renee
02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes, in fact she likes to choose "cute" panties for me. As well as girly socks/ tights. I don't dress a lot due to time and respecting her comfort level.So I underdress on a fairly regular basis.

patty328cd
02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
My wife and I shop all the time. My favorite was when we where in a shoe store, and she found a pr of 5" pumps. I was a couple of aisles away and she says very loudly, Come over and try these pumps on. Received quite a few stares.Tried them on and bought them...now if I can only learn to walk in them..lol

JasmineD
02-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Of course she does. Also she gives me hand me downs from her collections if she has lost interest in it. She is also my advisor in chief when it comes to female clothing.