PDA

View Full Version : When does the body hair stop spreading?

Michelle42
01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi, girls.
I was just wondering about this thing ... I'm 28 now and compared to 4 years ago my hair is more spread than before ... there used to be no hair on my belly then, but not anymore. Any idea when this is going to stop? Or is it going to spread until I die or start taking hormones? :eek:

Not that it is that important, to shave 10 minutes more is not a tragedy :heehee: ... just curious ...

sterling12
01-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Like it or not, that's part of growing older. It will get thicker, and more profuse. As you start to age it will also go gray, (brunette's seem to start the earliest, around forty.) Gray Chest Hair, IMHO is not pretty!

And here's a final thought to make you happy, also around forty, you start to see a big increase in The Nasal Hairs, and hair growing in your ears!

But, life goes on. There are numerous remedies. You can shave it. You can epilate it. You can use a depilatory. If you have a lot of bread, you can get Laser, or Electrolysis. And last but not least, you can go on Hormone Therapy. With Hormone Therapy, The hair will probably recede on your chest and legs, not as "coarse," and sometimes grow back on the top of your head.

I have a feeling, if your "concerned" at twenty-eight...your not going to enjoy middle-age.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Nicole Erin
01-15-2010, 05:42 PM
I have never had a lot of body hair, mine is more like peach fuzz. Of course the G.D. beard is a constant battle. :Angry3:

Anyways at 35, I don't have any more body hair than I did when I was like 20.

I think it varies for people how much they get and when.

I have a friend (who is not TG) who is 30 and is blessed with a lot of hair on his back. As I am pretty much his stylist, I am wondering if he would let me get my trimmers and put the number 24 on his back. Well ya know Jeff Gordon or whatever.

Yeah umm I better take off now.

Aaron Zwidling
01-15-2010, 05:49 PM
I agree with Joanie. It seems to slowly spread as long as you are alive. Not that big a deal though. You either shave/wax more or spring for electrolysis. The good part fo getting older is you hopefully have more money, freedom and confidence.

Jezebella
01-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I think it was Drew Carey during his stand-up days who told a joke about how men don't really lose hair, it just relocates from the top of the head to other places. That's definitely the way it works for anyone who possess a Y-chromosome in my family. At 35, my latest "where did that come from?" discovery is hair in the ears. Yet another reason to wish I was still 20. I'm saving those dress 'cause ll fit in them again some day. :p

Michelle42
01-15-2010, 06:23 PM
That explains it ... I've never realized that the hair on my belly used to be on my head before. :doh:

Kate Simmons
01-15-2010, 06:31 PM
I dunno Hon. Seems like the older I get the less I have where it should be and the more I have where it shouldn't be.:)

kimmy p
01-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I think it was Drew Carey during his stand-up days who told a joke about how men don't really lose hair, it just relocates from the top of the head to other places. That's definitely the way it works for anyone who possess a Y-chromosome in my family. At 35, my latest "where did that come from?" discovery is hair in the ears. Yet another reason to wish I was still 20. I'm saving those dress 'cause ll fit in them again some day. :p

My wife weekly attacks me with a pair of tweezers for that very reason. She has no desire to be married to a billy goat. (Her words, not mine).

Staci G
01-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Im 51 now soon to be 52, If you look in the dictionary under bigfoot it has a picture of me but OHHHH how I love Nair

Karren H
01-15-2010, 07:38 PM
I used to not have much body hair either. Till I started treatment for my prolactinoma. The female hormone Prolactin was blocking hair growth so as soon as treatment stoped the prolactin... Instant shrub!! Horemones do work. As does death!

sherryleigh
01-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Now Joanie don't take this the wrong way but ......it's not all bad for the gurl.....or maybe it is but......that comment was kinda sorta.. just a bit brutal! AAARRRGGHH....I know....but anyway

Sherry :)

kimmy p
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I used to not have much body hair either. Till I started treatment for my prolactinoma. The female hormone Prolactin was blocking hair growth so as soon as treatment stoped the prolactin... Instant shrub!! Horemones do work. As does death!

Actually Karen, after death the flesh of the body can dry and contract causing it to look like the body is still growing hair. It was once used as proof of vampires.

Karren H
01-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Mental note.... Shave and moisturize heavily just before death!!! :D

Terrigirl
01-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I dunno Hon. Seems like the older I get the less I have where it should be and the more I have where it shouldn't be.:)

Most definitely!! My excess hair started in my ears, down the back of my neck, and down my back!! Yuck!! I am 40 now and cant wait to see what 50 brings!

Karen__Starr
01-15-2010, 08:21 PM
I never knew that hair spreads out over time, never had any hair on my chest, back or lower abs. I thought that after a certain age it didn't spread anymore.

sherri52
01-15-2010, 08:41 PM
At almost 58 I don't have hair in my ears, but if I didn't pluck I would need a lawn mower for inside my nose. Fortunately the hair on my head is still all there and as thick as a jungle and back down to my shoulders.

Jamie001
01-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Get a prescription for Propecia. The generic is finasteride and is a lot cheaper. It has increased hair growth on my head and decreased/slowed hair growth in other areas of my body.

Joanie_Shakti
01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Like it or not, that's part of growing older. It will get thicker, and more profuse. As you start to age it will also go gray, (brunette's seem to start the earliest, around forty.) Gray Chest Hair, IMHO is not pretty!

And here's a final thought to make you happy, also around forty, you start to see a big increase in The Nasal Hairs, and hair growing in your ears!

I now have hair growing on the undersides of my forearms and on my toes and fingers. :straightface: And you're right about grey chest hair. I used to pride myself on my chest hair. But When I started shaving my legs last summer, I also started shaving the back hair that wasn't there when I was younger and trimming the chest and belly hair short. If I was to be asked about the chest hair, I would tell the (partial) truth and say that it was going grey and I didn't like the look.

And nasal hairs, oof! Seems the more you trim them, the more they need to be trimmed. I hate it when a hair tickles my nostril and I can't do anything about it until I get home.

kellyanne
01-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi, girls.
I was just wondering about this thing ... I'm 28 now and compared to 4 years ago my hair is more spread than before ... there used to be no hair on my belly then, but not anymore. Any idea when this is going to stop? Or is it going to spread until I die or start taking hormones? :eek:

Not that it is that important, to shave 10 minutes more is not a tragedy :heehee: ... just curious ...
Hi Michelle, consistently shaving the torso and legs will thin it out markedly as each hair grows in finer.

Shaving in full is just like riding a bike - once you know how - it is very quick -
wash the area with warm soap & water 3 x before starting.

ie: chest to the pubis : < 5 min
360 degrees pubis to knees including legs,butt: < 10 - 15 min

Privacy allowing, you will feel great and nicks are very, very rare

Schedule allowing, I have alternated chest + torso twice a week - for 20 years.

I doubt there has been 21 days straight without such shaving and I feel blessed for it.

Dee2U
01-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Nasal hair..AAAAHHHH! you just gotta pluck. I used to have a unibrow and now Get it done everyother month professionally. After the first 6 months or so, I didn't have to do as much in between plucking. I really like that.

About the spreading hair - yeah, it just gets worse with age and it creeps up our belly. I wont go on and on about the greying hair though. Plucking that is absolutely necessary regardless of the pain...Dee

NoraTV
01-15-2010, 10:16 PM
I found the ear hair to be the real self-gross-out. That's life. It's also a problem for GGs. Don't sweat it and buy stock in Gillette.

lingerieLiz
01-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Invest in laser treatment before it turns grey. It is worth every penny. If only I had had the chance. Now my wife and I take turns with the depilatory cream.