PDA

View Full Version : Came out to my wife tonight.

jackie_cd50
01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone, longtime(lifetime crossdresser) here. Finally came out to my wife tonight. She said she had suspected for many years. Anyways, I came out dressed in front of her and she hardly batted an eye. Said hmmm oh ya thats cute. r yu serious? lol then after i told her i was serious she said i really need a new wig and definitely some new clothes. Totally blew me away with her response. I can hardly wait to go shopping with her. Life is good.

Will be getting some new mucho better pics after doing the shopping thing. lol

Karen__Starr
01-15-2010, 08:39 PM
That is great to hear your wife is understanding and that she will be taking you shopping. I am happy for you :)

sherri52
01-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Way to go Jackie. Don't you wish you did that a couple of years ago

maddiegrl2k6
01-15-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm so happy for you! I bet you wish you told her a long time ago! It sounds like you have a lot of good times to come! Enjoy that shopping trip!

Maddie

Dee2U
01-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Wow...sounds like a dream come true to me. How did you get up the courage? What encouraged you? I am afraid and frozen. I dont even know you but am SOO proud for you...Dee

aggi123
01-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Wow that's awesome! I'm really jealous right now.

Claire Cook
01-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Jackie, you must feel such a relief. Hiding it from a partner, especially as long as you have, can really build up the anxiety .. and the guilt. It's wonderful that she seems to be so understanding.

Annie D
01-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Congratulations but please continue to take it slow. Although everything seems wonderful, she may not be ready for a ride that goes more quickly than she anticipated. I am sincerely happy for anyone who gets any kind of acceptance but there are so many of us on the forum who have had to pull in the reins and slow down. Good luck!

Jocelyn Quivers
01-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Congragulations, I'm glad she was supportive. Kiss your checking account goodbye.

VanessaVW
01-16-2010, 08:50 AM
That is great news! You certainly have a great wife. Definately a keeper!!!! You should treat her to a nice dinner for being supportive. (Maybe after your shopping experience.)

sandra-leigh
01-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Sounds positive!

I note you've been registered for a few years now, so you probably have already read the warnings about the Pink Fog.

As you are in "Winnipeg almost", you might be interested in looking into the Winnipeg social group, Masquerade (http://masquerade.ca). We meet on the second Tuesday of every month downtown, and there are related events throughout the year. The January meeting was this week; the February meeting will be our annual election; our annual dinner will be in early March. Wives are welcome.

kimdl93
01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
very cool!!! I'm happy for you and admire her. there may be some bumps down the road, but what a great start!

nylon boy
01-27-2010, 03:00 PM
AAAwwwe im sooo envious!I have had a nice day dressing up today though so that kinda makes up for it......Just wish i could have a girly night out with my wife so much,Getting ready and dressed up with her would be such a buzz before the night out,you so lucky jackie so embrace your new found freedom!!xx

liz007
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I told my wife years ago and she was fine about it, best thing i did.

Christina Horton
02-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Ok we've waited long enough. We need an up date. How did the shopping go. Come on girl give.

Gigi0366
02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Wow girlfriend that's wonderful! Congratulations!!!
How did you ever find the courage?

sonia_dargency
02-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Congratulations but please continue to take it slow. Although everything seems wonderful, she may not be ready for a ride that goes more quickly than she anticipated. I am sincerely happy for anyone who gets any kind of acceptance but there are so many of us on the forum who have had to pull in the reins and slow down. Good luck!

Annie said it.

Years ago, I step by step came out to my wife, she seemed to accept it, even to embrace it; within weeks, we were shopping, I would dress at home, we had all kinds of roleplays and fantasies. it lasted a few months. Hard to remember how things went awry but they gradually went backward until I went underground again. I think I focused too much on what I wanted and neglected her.

I wish you the best, keep learning.

kimdl93
02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Annie said it.
..... gradually went backward until I went underground again. I think I focused too much on what I wanted and neglected her.

I think that its absolutely critical to avoid becoming self absorbed. Its a risk that we all face in our relationships - somehow we need to keep reminding ourselves to show our affection, appreciation and concern for our SOs...

kristinacd55
02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Jackie,
Lots of great replies, just don't go overboard on that pink fog for sure! :)

Karaj
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
That's great, but it would take a lot of the fun out of it.

sonia_dargency
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I think that its absolutely critical to avoid becoming self absorbed. Its a risk that we all face in our relationships - somehow we need to keep reminding ourselves to show our affection, appreciation and concern for our SOs...

Totally, I truly believe that in my case at least, CD was not the issue, however disturbing it might be; I was just a selfish idiot who just neglected to be sentimental and appreciative.

I think that CDs whom SO is truly accepting are in fact catering to their SO's needs, consciously or not; I wish Jackie to be one of them for his and his wife's happiness.

gabimartini
02-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Congrats, Jackie! Good for you guys!!!

Jaclyn NM
02-10-2010, 06:23 PM
All I can say, is take it slow and easy. I didn't, and now I'm back dressing in the closet. My wife still knows I dress, but doesn't want to see it or discuss it. She was very supportive at first, but that changed and I don't know why. So, as I said, take it slow and easy, and communicate regularly.

Cutedot
02-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Jackie,

Your wife's reaction is great, and bodes well for both of you. But be careful and take it slow. Don't take it as a tacit permission to go into a major pink fog. When my BF told me about his CDing, I was very non-chalant over it. I even met "her" (Hi, Gabi!) a couple of weeks later. However, until I got a good EMOTIONAL grasp on the magnitude of the situation, it did affect me. I tried to approach it from a purely intellectual point of view, and it REALLY didn't work.

Your wife needs time, a lot of patience, tons of talking and, especially, cuddling. She's accepting of the outward appearance, now she has to go through the process of dealing with the unique characteristics of the CDer's psyche... After all, we know there is more to it than just putting on the clothes, right? Give her time, give her credit. If she's willing, then she'll get there.

Best of luck to both of you.

Dot

Jamz1b
02-11-2010, 02:29 AM
AW! So SO SO SO LUCKY! How do you think she had already had a feeling?

Danielle Gee
02-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Smart move on your part, It'll avoid all sorts of issues down the road.

Danielle