PDA

View Full Version : out of pink fog

girlalex
01-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Lets say you had a wonderful period of the pink fog when you felt great about dressing and your feminine side was dominant more than ever. now i know that at least for some of us the pink fog goes away. sometimes for a day, a week or even several years. when that happens whats it like? do you feel empty inside, said, bored or just like an average dude. whats going on?

linnea
01-17-2010, 11:09 PM
ups and downs, pretty much like other qualities of life

Phyliss
01-18-2010, 07:42 AM
I've never really noticed any sort of definite change from fog to clear. It's mostly been a slow change from a deep thick pink fog, where you can barely see your painted nails in front of your made up face, to the reality of having to mow the grass, take out the rubbish, get the car to the repair shop, in general, "guy" things. I guess it's knowing that GG s do these things also, that sorta makes the change not as unbearable as it could be.

Kate Simmons
01-18-2010, 07:51 AM
It depends on the circumstances and the situation really.:)

EnglishRose
01-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Other aspects of life just take it's place I suppose? I don't even think about dressing a lot of the time.

Krista1985
01-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Sometimes dressing is all I can think about for days on end. Then the urge vanishes for a period of time, days, weeks or even months go by where it doesn't cross my mind at all.

Then one day I find myself thinking, 'Hey, is this how 'regular' guys feel all the time?' And so quite unintentionally I begin to think about 'it' again. And thoughts turn to actions shortly after. The fog rolls in right behind as though on queue.

I'm used to the pattern, and I enjoy both modes of thinking. The fog can be loads of fun, but 'regular' dude time (whatever that means) is fun also.

So I don't feel empty when my female side becomes less dominant. My male side is right there with thoughts and interests of his own. Maybe it's a blue fog?

Vieja
01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't think I have ever really experienced the pink fog. When I get the opportunity and dress I usually feel kind of good all over and I hate it when it is time to go back to guy mode again.

Vieja

Loni
01-18-2010, 03:11 PM
when in drab. I feel incomplete.
sure life is easer to get "stuff" done.
but I would rather put on a dress, heels, wig and do the face, then do the "stuff".

I feel much better then.

and no I am not a ts, but maybe I would like to try living 24/7 for a time.

Super Amanda
01-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't think I have ever really experienced the pink fog. When I get the opportunity and dress I usually feel kind of good all over and I hate it when it is time to go back to guy mode again.Vieja

Same here. The closest thing to the fog for me was obsessing over the issue mentally, until it started to consume me. Over the years I would hate going back more and more...

when in drab. I feel incomplete.
sure life is easer to get "stuff" done.
but I would rather put on a dress, heels, wig and do the face, then do the "stuff".I feel much better then.and no I am not a ts, but maybe I would like to try living 24/7 for a time..

I used to feel much like you, but after a while just getting "stuff" done as a guy was starting to get painful. I was finding it harder and harder to be in public where everyone appears to be comfortable in their own skin, unlike me. thankfully realizing I needed to begin transitioning, and coming out has improved my life tremendously. Now I should be full time by the end of this year, and I couldn't be happier! :)

SuzanneBender
01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Same here. The closest thing to the fog for me was obsessing over the issue mentally, until it started to consume me. Over the years I would hate going back more and more...

I used to feel much like you, but after a while just getting "stuff" done as a guy was starting to get painful. I was finding it harder and harder to be in public where everyone appears to be comfortable in their own skin, unlike me. thankfully realizing I needed to begin transitioning, and coming out has improved my life tremendously. Now I should be full time by the end of this year, and I couldn't be happier! :)

Amanda you just described my definition of the pink fog and then the way that I currently feel. Congratulations on your transistion!

I am still floating around in a sea of pink fog waiting to land of transistion island.

vikki2020
01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Sometimes you need to come out of the fog, just to take measure of where you're at. And, get some stuff done!:heehee: Don't worry, it ALWAYS comes back!

Samantha_Smile
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
I have periods like this.
Theyre really annoying, becuase they tend to come along at points where m starting to get really good at doing my eyes! :heehee:

But seriously, I find the lull to be quite confusing, more so than when walking through the fog, or even just sitting in it.
I start to question why I even dress in the first place, and then I think about a purge. I start to question my mental health at times too!
Then I'll have a crappy night shift at work, I'll come home and my fiance will be at work for the day, so I take a bath, shave, get to smell nice, then I get all dressed up pretty...

...And then the confusion, doubt and negative thoughts go away.

It's a cheesy refference, but Robbie Williams said it best in the late 90's
"You gotta get high before you taste the lows"