PDA

View Full Version : Talking with my Dad today I learned...

Salene
01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Talking with my Dad today he was telling me when I was really little my Mom would put my hair in pigtails and paint my nails. It's really messing with me... could that be the reason I do this? Am I discovering "myself" or is this just another learned behavior? Did my Mom do it because she wanted it or did I ask for it? My parents don't know of this part of my life so it makes digging into this without raising suspicion hard.

Laura Evans
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Selena, I doubt this caused you to CD. I never experienced what you did as a little boy yet I have been a CD for most of my life and as you read others response to your question and as you read other threads here I think you will find that we all have different stories but none really explains why we are the way we are. Your mother may have wanted a girl but that is not the reason for the feelings you have. Don't waste too much of your life trying to figure this out many of us have and it has been a fruitless journey. I am who I am and I have moved on with my life. Good luck.:hugs:

Karren H
01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
If you were so small you didn't remember it then I doubt it... Probably more like it was an alien abduction or something like that!! :D

linnea
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Probably this is not the cause; it may not even be a cause. I would concentrate on what you feel and what you think about your desire to crossdress in the here and now.

sherri52
01-18-2010, 08:26 PM
My mom used me as a model as she made dresses for girls that couldn't aford to buy. I hated it then. Started about 3 years later and never thought about the dresses as part of dressing.

Angie G
01-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Don't think about the why just go with your liking to dress. have fun with it the why makes no difference girl.:hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
01-18-2010, 09:05 PM
There is a theory that we all had, and needed, some kind of "trigger" in our childhood to make us be into CDing .... humm, maybe :thinking: However, if you can't remember yours then I highly doubt your Mother putting your hair in pigtails and painting your nails has anything to do with it.

Did my Mom do it because she wanted it or did I ask for it? Why not ask her? Tell her you were talking with your Dad and now you're curious as to how and why it happened. Tell her it's no big deal, but you were just wondering. :)

Jennifer in CO
01-19-2010, 12:17 PM
As a small child I used to wear my sisters hand-me-down Pj's (shorts or pants), t shirts, regular shorts and pants. Girly or not I don't remember. Do I remember any of it?...kinda but in reality no. It was not important to me I guess nor was any big deal made of it so it wasn't loaded into my memory. I really only remember (without photographic assistance) one time specifically although I am told it was pretty much all I wore up till I was 7 or 8. What do I remember? An especially cold series of nights and I wore my sisters white flannel gown that had a high ruffled collar, long sleeves with ruffled cuff and floor length. Actually that is what I remember most is it drug on the floor when I walked in it going down the hardwood floors in the hall.
Did this make me a cross dresser. I'd have to say no. Did the three 3 weeks I spent with my Aunt and cousins when I was 10 wearing girls clothes the whole time make me a cross dresser? I'd still have to say no. Did spending a summer with my GP's when I was 15 dressed and presenting the entire time as Jennifer make me a cross dresser? I'd have to say no (Transgender maybe...but thats a different story!). Am I more comfortable today in girls clothes then drab? Most definitely.
Why am I a cross dresser? Because I am....

Jenn

Kate Simmons
01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
She was just trying to save you from all of those "piggins and pails and puppy dog tails" little boys have to deal with. Most of us prefer the "sugar and spice and everything nice " that girls get to do anyway.:heehee:

StaceyJane
01-19-2010, 12:42 PM
When I was young nobody ever dressed me up in girl clothes. I had to do that all by myself.
I don't know about your situation but i don't blame anyone for how I am.

Salene
01-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't know about your situation but i don't blame anyone for how I am.

oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to "Blame" anyone. I enjoy what I do and very open about it and take pride in my work as a drag queen. My Dad is the only one I keep it from. I guess hearing that just caught me off guard.

t-girlxsophie
01-20-2010, 01:03 AM
I often am asked why i started to dress,and do you know i haven't the first idea why,When i was 4 or 5 my mother used to knit little cardigans for friends and put them on me to check the size,thats only thing I can think led me to Crossdress,though if I told my mother that may be why I began dressing up,then i had better get ready to run :heehee:

Schatten Lupus
01-20-2010, 02:25 AM
I really doubt it. It's not too uncommon for little boys to go through some sort of girly phase. It is entirely possible that you asked for it, either because then you had an urge to do/wear girly things, or a more likely scenario, as bonding time with your mother.

Claire Cook
01-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Salene,

There are probably myriad reasons why we cd, and probably no two of us have exactly the same story. I think it's a mixture of our genes, experience, and (as I read somewhere) maybe exposure to estrogen levels in womb. My first cd experience was my mom letting me play "dressup". Although she'd guessed about my cd'ing, we never talked about it. [I was an only child, and I know she wantred a daughter but couldn't have one.] Whatever, I have no idea how these related to my TG. But hey -- why worry about it? Just do it and enjoy! ("Ours not to reason why...") It would be interesting to ask your mom about that sometime.