PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else spending hypothetical fortunes?

Samantha_Smile
01-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Im probably not alone here, but I'd just like to know out of nievity and curiosity.
Ive just spent a solid 3 hours on ebay, looking and skirts, tops, corsets, stockings, dresses, shoes, wigs, ear rings, necklaces.
And I can afford maybe hald of what I see, but given my own way, I could merrily spend 3 times my monthly salary.

Now Im not a flippant spender in the slightest, if Im buying something for my guy side (PC components, car parts etc) I research each product to the point of losing the plot to get the best valuse for my cash.

Show me lace body suits, patent leather heels, chiffon dresses, satin corsets and long brown wigs and suddenly I can spend what I estimate was upwards of £6k!!!
I could buy a full Scooby Impreza or 3 hugely spec'd PC's for that kind of cash!
So why does that not seem to matter to my femme side?
I dont think about quality, just
"OMG that is gorgeous!" or "Oooh, these are cute!"

Anyone else like this?

Joni Marie Cruz
01-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi Smile-

Yes, oh yes indeed. I'm sure lots of other girls here feel the same. Personally speaking I have Prada tastes but a Goodwill pocketbook.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Miranda09
01-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Noooooo...I NEVER do that............NOT!!!!!! I spend so much hypothetical money on outfits, my hypotheical closet is overflowing! As Joni said..."Prada tastes.....Goodwill pocketbook." :)

Katesback
01-18-2010, 10:56 PM
I have been to Southern Comfort two times. I can say my favorite thing is sitting in the lobby watching people show up for the four day converence with 10 or more suitcases. I have even seen people pull up with trailers of crap.

I on the other hand have had ONE bag. The first year I showed up on my motorcycle. I guess part of me is often perplexed at how much stuff CDs can accumulate! I have even been in the hotel rooms at the conference where you could barely walk through the room. I was told it is called a drag bomb.

Sarah Doepner
01-18-2010, 11:56 PM
I have spent a hypothetical fortune on a number of occasions. I only got in trouble when I tried to go out wearing my hypothetical outfits.

Loni
01-19-2010, 02:22 AM
i went broke many times over doing this.:eek:

Tina L.
01-19-2010, 07:57 AM
I know what you mean i have spent more on skirts,dresses and other lacy things in the last six months than i have on any other thing in a year and half. at present i am watching 94 items on ebay.

StaceyJane
01-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Fortunately every lottery ticket I buy is a winner.

anna kate
01-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Yup, yup, yup!!!! But only 6k ??? I dream of a walk in closet of my own, just for my girly clothes.

linnea
01-19-2010, 08:42 AM
I spend and give away (to relatives and causes) hypothetical or fantasy fortunes all the time! I love doing it, thinking about all the delight I could encourage by giving a few hundred thousand to each of my children, a half million or so to my SO, several million to my favorite causes, and having plenty left over to buy every panty, bra, nightie, etc. that tickles my fancy. Oh, and I would also have plenty to get the make-overs that I desire, including plastic surgery on my face and some other body areas for a totally femme look and feel.
I have spent more of this kind of money than Warren Buffett ever dreamed of!

Karren H
01-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Oh yeah!!! So much so I actually went out and bought a trailer to haul all my "crap" in!! But then again in can afford it.... Totally missed the market crash and having the best years ever stock market wise... Retirement is looking sooo damn good right now.... Me and my trailer full of crap! Hahaha.

docrobbysherry
01-19-2010, 11:32 AM
I prefer to use my online time here! When I visit Ebay, it's the same way I buy things as a GUY!
I spend my time BUYING, Not shopping!:straightface:

However, I have spent COUNTLESS hours scouring thru the many second hand stores in our area! :o
Often leaving with huge bags of ladies gear! Rarely spending over $25 at a time!:D

Never mind all the money I save! I NEVER consider these visits a waste of time! I find so many unique pieces this way.:thumbsup:
And, because there's NOTHING in these stores I CAN'T afford!:devil:

Shelly67
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Having been out of work for nearly 6 months now , not buying clothes ect has been the one of the hardest things to do . As the hours and boring day pass slowly the urge to surf for summat femanine has been hard . In fact , once or twice temptation has gotten the better of me ........... Weird as it is , one thing halted me in my urgencey today ...the shop I obtained my wigs from has doubled the price , the cheeky devils !!
I totally agree with the maths side of this hobby ....... but simply daren't add up the vast sums of money spent or the Evo I desire would now be sat outside the house glistening like wet lipgloss ....sob !

Sally2005
01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes, but they would not accept my hypothetical credit card. It is fun to dream...my solution for reality to not break the buck is to hit the second hand shops whenever possible. I don't have much though, just a couple simple outfits tuned for blending.

kymmieLorain
01-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Both me and my wife are always discussing what we would spend our "fortune" on. It is fun.

Kymmie

Carroll
01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Last year, between my tax refund and a workman's comp settlement, I received about $33,000. Before we even had the money, my wife and I had spent $44,000 on paper.

Now as for as truly hypothetical, I have spent about $50 billion. It is a fantasy of mine to buy whats left of the Seneca Army Airfield, refurbish and lengthen it. After that, I will establish the Finger Lakes Flying Museum. I will have mostly cold war aircraft that are rare birds such as a B-36, YB-60, a few transports like the C-130, C-141, The two-seater (Trainer versions) Century series aircraft (F101, F102, F104, F105, F106), B-58, B-57, and the crown jewel will be an EB-52I Megafortress.

As you can see, I've put a lot of thought in this :D

Oh, one last thing. Carroll will run it and will have a completely separate life from Chris, who will continue his current job in retail!

giuseppina
01-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Sure. I could easily spend $300 000 on ordinary needs like a place of my own and an electronics lab.

Fantasy doesn't cost anything. :daydreaming: Life does.