PDA

View Full Version : Vegas outing

missygatv
01-19-2010, 12:06 PM
So last night was the big night. I had carefully planned and prepared every detail for weeks, since I learned I was comming to Vegas.

I went online and ordered a couple of outfits to be delivered to the hotel. I have to honestly say that I got a little carried away with this part. When I checked in late Sunday night I had eleven packages waiting for me... :) (I was told repeatedly by the lady at the reception desk)

It's cold for my taste here in Vegas this time of year, plus the fact that I have lots of body hair decided on my outfit. I was going to wear a long-sleeve turtleneck sweater a skirt and tights. Both the sweater and the tights were black. Originally I found this scallop lace skirt at Target online which looked very nice on the picture and I have to say is a petty skirt, but I didn't like the way it looked on my so much, so I decided to spend part of the day Monday shopping for a skirt.

I went to more than a few places and even bought a nice, really short number at JCP on sale for like $19, and in the process found a grey cowl neck sweater for a steal.. (one never passes up such things). It was however a bit much for the occassion and as the time grew near I still was not entirely happy with the outfit!!! (yeah... I know).

I resigned myself to wearing the lace skirt and packed my stuff in a bag and headed out. I needed to stop by an ATM to get some cash for the evening and there it was... right next to the pharmacy.. a Ross! So I have a few minutes to spare and I decide to give it a last go.. There it was! A beautiful grey plaid Calvin Klein on sale for $13!!!! and it was gorgeous and felt amazing.

I headed over to Glamour Boutique for my appointment and Amy was sitting outside and greeted me very warmly. Any apprehensions I might have had melted away instantly. She has a fantastic way of making you feel comfortable and natural.

I proceeded to get dressed and Amy started working her magic. I gotta tell you that right away I knew I was in for something really special! Worth every penny! If I may say so myself I looked amazing (I'll get around to posting pics soon, I promise).

I had previously gotten in contact with Nora who told me about the Tri-Ess dinner outing and I agreed to join them. We went to an Irish pub accross the street from the Orleans. As soon as we went in, the host greeted us with a "good evening ladies, how many will you be?" I have to tell you that when I heard myself be called a lady it was a special thrill. We were four altogether. We had a very nice meal and great conversation.

A special thank you to Nora, Kimberly and Susan for allowing me to join them for dinner.

I liked it so much I already booked another makeover for Friday and a night out in the town. Stay tuned ladies... more to come :)

Kathi Lake
01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Yeah, Vegas is a fun place, isn't it? I do like that skirt as well!

Aren't Nora and the girls a fun bunch? I hope you enjoyed the food at the pub. Last time I was there, it was perfect - greasy and tasty! :)

Can't wait for the pics!

Kathi

DonnaT
01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Congratulations!

Metoo
01-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Vegas is a great place. I was there in late November and a great time and a makeover also. You can read about it in Makeover in Vegas thread. Going back there in a few weeks.

missygatv
01-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Working on the pics... Need to do a little "touchup" :)

sherri52
01-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a great trip and good company.

Mitzi
01-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Also spent the weekend in Vegas. It was a family affair, so all I could do was ogle...

What struck me was the number of tall girls wearing four inch stilletoes. On Saturday evening, even though it was rather cold, many girls were dressed in short coctaii dresses and the stilletoes, with no wraps. What head turners!! Truth to tell, I rarely got as far as looking at their faces, only the outfits. I wondered if some of the groups were cd's, but as far as I could tell, they were all GG's.

So, girls, even if you're a bit tall, you can go out in stilletoes and not attract a lot of attention in Vegas...

Mitzi