PDA

View Full Version : Wear n tear.

MargaretJ
01-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone, my first post on here. While cunningly disguised as a dirty old man looking at women as they go bye, while the inner Margaret is actually looking at what women are wearing for fashion ideas, I've noticed that the heels on mens shoes tend to wear down on the outside, while womens tend to wear down on the inside. Do women walk differently to men? I don't suppose its a factor with stiletto heels, but I'm considering buying a pair of boots with a Cuban heel, and I'm just curious about it.

Margaret

Karren H
01-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Womens legs are pinned to the pelvus further apart than ours and their weight is distributed differently (more forward) so it would seem plausable that the pressure on their feet... In different style foot wear would be different than mens. And men are plain clumbsy oafs and walk like monkeys.... And women are refined!! And ladylike! Lol. .

Ohhh and welcome!! :)

Persephone
01-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Interesting! You must be watching in considerable detail!

I know that my male shoes' heels do wear down on the outside, but really haven't looked at my en femme ones.

One thing I have found though. Walking with the roll from inside to outside (rather than the more male way) definitely adds a wiggle to your walk.

suchacutie
01-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes. I don't have the URL to the interactive video that allows you to adjust from a masculine to a feminine stride, but I know it's here in the forum in a number of places. The wear-down in the heel is probably linked to length of stride and hip movement. My "man" shoes are worn on the outside and my heels are worn evenly on the back.

LOL...I will have to try to wear down my high heels a bit more this year...consider it an organized study!

:)

tina

Stephanie Miller
01-19-2010, 03:49 PM
O.K. so I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer... but I think there's a clue here. :heehee:

msniki48
01-19-2010, 05:21 PM
O.K. so I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer... but I think there's a clue here. :heehee:

Love your clue stephanie! :heehee:

i seem to see men walk in a long stride with toes pointed outward.[especially when the chest is puffed out...lol]..so the heel never hits the ground in the center...women place one foot in front of the other also with a shorter stride allowing the heel to hit in the center...then of course there is the pigeon toed gal......explaining the wear on the inside...:o

my male shoes wear on the outside...my heels in the center

hugs

msniki

Frédérique
01-19-2010, 06:03 PM
I've noticed that the heels on mens shoes tend to wear down on the outside, while womens tend to wear down on the inside.

Well, all of my shoes wear down on the inside, no matter what “mode” of dress I happen to be in. What does that tell ya? :thinking:

Dee2U
01-19-2010, 07:24 PM
The "normal" gait pattern, ie without footwear, starts on the ouside of the heel and rolls through to the toe off. Others with slight differences in hip, knee ankle or foot alignment or even bone structure or muscle allignement / strength will have different patterns. The heel strike (that's the technical term) changes to compensate for the narrowness of the heel (when narrow) and for the change in height.....Dee

sherri52
01-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Margaret: welcome to the forum

DiannaRose
01-19-2010, 07:58 PM
In my male shoes, I tend to walk on the outsides of my feet...owing partially, I think, to a slight bow-leggedness (you can't see it when I cross my legs...they look perfect in those photos LOL). But I've noticed that my heels tend to force me to put a little more pressure on the insides in order not to roll my ankles. Based on that, I've concluded that heels are awesome for posture training, and perhaps--if I could convince my wife to let me wear them all the time--could eventually correct my rounded shins. :)

"Oh, no, dear...they're still a little bent, I have to keep wearing heels for a few more years...like 40 more." LOL

MargaretJ
01-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I do try to walk by putting one foot in front of the other when en femme as I imagine that is more feminine. I am thinking of buying a new pair of boots and was looking to see how they look on women, when I noticed the wear on some boots.

Persephone
01-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Based on that, I've concluded that heels are awesome for posture training, and perhaps--if I could convince my wife to let me wear them all the time--could eventually correct my rounded shins. :)

"Oh, no, dear...they're still a little bent, I have to keep wearing heels for a few more years...like 40 more." LOL

I'm convinced that you're right, Dianna, and that you can even find scientific research that agrees (at least for 2-3" heels).

Will it correct rounded shins? I don't know, but I've heard that beautiful stilettos can cause round heels.

Womens legs are pinned to the pelvus further apart than ours and their weight is distributed differently (more forward) so it would seem plausable that the pressure on their feet... In different style foot wear would be different than mens. And men are plain clumbsy oafs and walk like monkeys.... And women are refined!! And ladylike! Lol.

Which has always made me wonder why women are expected to sit with knees together! Shouldn't it be the other way around?