PDA

View Full Version : We make an impression.....

ReneeT
01-20-2010, 01:30 AM
As I have posted previously, I gave up dressing (for the umpteenth time) a year ago but have recently come to my senses! Prior to this drought i spent several evenings out in Nashville. I several times had dined at a particular trendy restaurant in the west end (Lime - I highly recommend it) and visited an alternative bar - The Lipstick Lounge. Well, tonight, after over a year, I was back at both places. At the restaurant the young hostess immediately recognized me, even remembering where she had last seated me. she was really welcoming! Then, at Lipstick, the bartender also remembered me, even where my hometown is. It was really kind of flattering.

At both places, and, in fact most places I have been, people either don't notice, don't care, or are just cool with things. I know (narcissist:))). For you gals that want to get outt but haven't, the world is not such a bad place!

victoriamwilliams1
01-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Yes the world is not that bad at all:)

Schatten Lupus
01-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Another thread here brought back a memory of when my fiance and I were browsing through a mall in another town. We were at some store, JC Penny I think might have been it, and we went to the cosmetics counter. I done my normal casual glances, and my fiance was looking through foundations I think it was, and was trying a few shades on me. (She has a slight olive/Mediterranean skin tone, while I am one the pale side.) The attendant, a middle aged woman, approached and asked if we needed help finding anything, and even though I know she saw my girlfriend trying the different shades on me, she didn't give us any weird looks, glances, or anything. Doubt I would have noticed if she would have, but my fiance is too good at noticing stuff like that.

AllieSF
01-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Renee, thanks for the interesting post. I too have had that happen to me. Since I like to interact with whomever I meet while out dressed, it is always nice to go back to a place that I enjoyed and be remembered by someone there. I enjoy that in male mode and really enjoy it in femme mode. It not only makes me feel that I was a good customer, as they try to be good hosts, but that I was accepted enough to be remembered in a good way. It has also resulted that in a few places that I try to frequent somewhat regularly, someone may ask me where I have been lately because so and so was asking about me., or when I ask a someone I hadn't met before about a bar tender or waitress that I like, they tell me that they are not working that night and had mentioned that I had not been in recently. Now that is cool and really makes my day and evening.

sherri52
01-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Renee: I think it's great that they recognized you. Most of the time it is uneventful when out abd about. I would love to be noticed in a happy way.

EllieOPKS
01-20-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm sure your personality is as beautiful as your picture. That's probably why they remembered you :)

SuzanneBender
01-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Renee you are right we do make an impression. Its important to remember that when we are out.