PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Wear When It Rains/Snows?

Persephone
01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
"Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours" -- Mamas and The Papas.

Well, it's certainly pouring this week in southern California!

Which makes me wonder, what do the "out and about" girls on crossdressers.com wear when it rains/snows?

sherri52
01-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Same clothes, maybe change to boots. Carry an umbrella. Waterproof mascara helps

Joni Marie Cruz
01-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Large black plastic yard debris bag with head and armholes cut out. I prefer a crew neck style along with a Walgreens plastic bag tied under my chin for a rainhood. Urban chic.

Oh alright, not really. It depends on just how ugly it is out there. Remember I live in Seattle where rain is a way of life. I've seen girls in shorts and t-shirts toting umbrellas. Go figure. If it's way nasty, like raining sidways, then it's a long (below mid-calf) leather coat and boots, or my powder blue parka. And tights and maybe even jeans.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Karren H
01-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Pink!

Kathi Lake
01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Well, I have plenty of cute sweaters (duh!), and a few cute jackets. Plus, I love my boots! If only boot season was longer. Sigh. :)

Kathi

joandher
01-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Hey Kathi the boot season over here is very long ,what you need here is Wellington boots, rain coat and at least 1 umbrella

:hugs: J-JAY

SuzanneBender
01-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, I have plenty of cute sweaters (duh!), and a few cute jackets. Plus, I love my boots! If only boot season was longer. Sigh. :)

Kathi

Right there with you Kathi. I was shopping today and boots are sooooo on sale! I almost bought a couple of pair at nine west but I decided against it and went for heels and sandles instead because boot season is almost over :sad:

Almost all of my outerwear are womens coats anyway so I just go to the closet and grab something. My fave is my wool peacoat.

RADER
01-20-2010, 06:29 PM
A umbrella first, then some 5 buckle Trojins. LOL
IN the snow, just start shoveling. You stop when it stops. Rader

skirtsuit
01-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I love going out in rain. With a nice big umbrella you can be totally anonymous.

Wellies are good too.

All the Best,

Ann / SS

Kathi Lake
01-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Right there with you Kathi. I was shopping today and boots are sooooo on sale! I almost bought a couple of pair at nine west but I decided against it and went for heels and sandles instead because boot season is almost over :sad:

Almost all of my outerwear are womens coats anyway so I just go to the closet and grab something. My fave is my wool peacoat.I love my black pea coat! It's very tailored and, dare I say it again, cute. :)

I would get the boots, sis! I always do shopping a few seasons ahead. If you buy some classic pieces now from the winter sales, you will be ready for next year.

Kathi

Erica2Sweet
01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
When it snows, my bathrobe... I usually stay in when the weather is non-cooperative...:)

jenna_woods
01-20-2010, 07:10 PM
I wear about the same things, maybe boots and a umberla

AllieSF
01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Since in bad weather the only time it really effects me is between covers (house to car, car to venue, etc.). With this rainy weather here in northern Califorina too, I use an umbrella and I try real hard not to get my shoes too wet. It makes getting inside a special moment.

Rogina B
01-20-2010, 10:19 PM
An out and about girl has to have outfits for inclement weather of course!! Rainboots,Raincoat,umbrella,even a rainhat to match!! And for snow,snow boots,coats,Fur hat,Gloves,etc.And an outfit for inbetween rain and snow..all weather insulated coat,etc...I am like a Barbi..complete with clothes.Now,I just need to get the girl car to match! Can't let a little wether keep a girl from shopping.:D

renee k
01-20-2010, 10:31 PM
One has to be ready for anything here in Michigan. My wardrobe has all the above, plus an umbrella, and boots, or should I say boobs. just a little inside joke. Please see a previous post of mine.

Renee

PretzelGirl
01-20-2010, 10:56 PM
I would get the boots, sis! I always do shopping a few seasons ahead. If you buy some classic pieces now from the winter sales, you will be ready for next year.

Says the thrifty shopper. This is the only way I can survive. Maybe it is time for some boot shopping. Hadn't realized it was end of season time.

I am still a frugal shopper because of necessity. And I am still a beginner here. So for rainy days, my black umbrella can be used by both of me!

Not to be picky, but to check my fading memory....wasn't it Albert Hammond who sang that song?

jenniferj
01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Whatever DearSweetWife would wear...I have my own bad weather boots, but we share coats, raincoats, mittens, hats and umbrellas!

I tend to be a little more girly-flirty than she is. I claim the pink (breast cancer awareness) umbrella. :battingeyelashes:

-jj

NathalieX66
01-20-2010, 11:04 PM
A smart girl always packs a foldable umbrella in her purse. :)

They make them small enough nowadays.....a necessity on the east coast US, and probably in the UK.

Sarah Doepner
01-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I stay inside. I'm made of sugar and would melt in the rain.

Alice Torn
01-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Karren, when it freezes good, are you not, in hockey skates? No jeans! Two years ago, when i was staying where i could sneak out, and not be seen much, went out in the snow in winter wear: LBD and heels!

Kathi Lake
01-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Says the thrifty shopper.Oh, I'm not always thrifty! Sometimes something is so cute that I have to pay full price for something. Usually, the enjoyment I get out of it is more than worth the expenditure!

Kathi

Jennifer in CO
01-21-2010, 08:43 AM
the heavier the coat, the more feminine whats under it...

Jenn

SweetCaroline
01-21-2010, 08:43 AM
I have a pink quilted jacket that I wear in the winter time along with a beret and boots. It's not really enough to ward off a blizzard, but it's fine in a minor snow flurry.

As for rain, I just always have an umbrella in the back seat of my car. Nothing special but if it keeps me mostly dry.

JenniferR771
01-21-2010, 09:23 AM
I wear my red hair down over my ears, and add a plaid furlined coat. Oh, and cute boots of course.

Christie ann
01-21-2010, 09:28 AM
I was thinking about the puffy down coat. Who knows which gender is under all that.

EnglishRose
01-21-2010, 10:09 PM
There are some very cute winter coats out there. I purged my own unfortunately because I was mortified that my wife would find it. Now she knows as of a couple of years ago and accepts, but I don't go out dressed any more - she worries.

danielle.cd
01-21-2010, 10:25 PM
see this is where u got to look and see what the ggs are doing, i find that most of them layer clothing thats lighter weight and then top it off witha sweeter and a nice vest or like pea coat or leather coat most still are fasion savy even when they go out in the cold or rain so

Claire Cook
01-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Karren, when it freezes good, are you not, in hockey skates? No jeans! Two years ago, when i was staying where i could sneak out, and not be seen much, went out in the snow in winter wear: LBD and heels!

I'll bet that melted the sidewalk!

windycissy
01-21-2010, 10:31 PM
The big splurge in my wardrobe: a Jones New York trenchcoat I bought on sale at Macy's, it's gotten me through Chicago winters and many a rainy day...wore it today with a pencil skirt and heels, feeling the rain pelt against my legs through my nylons always makes me wonder why women put up with this, let alone us!

sissystephanie
01-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Pink!

What else do you need! I grew up in Portland, Oregon, lived 15 years in or around Seattle, and now live near Atlanta, Ga. It can, or will rain anywhere. So get pink clothes and be ready!

ReneeCD
01-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm a winter coat freak! I own at least seven or eight. My favorite to wear out now is an insulated black leather anorak with dyed fox fur trim on the hood. It's really warm and stylish without being too far over the top. I've also gone out in a black down women's parka with coyote trim on the hood. The fur is very fluffy and looks really pretty. I haven't worked up the courage to wear my Vintage Mauve woman's stadium parka (JCP) with dyed fox trim out yet (do you see a trend here?). I really dislike faux fur. It looks just that--faux!

Renee

Deidra Cowen
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
I have a fake fur coat I absolutely luv. One night coming home from Le Buzz it actually was snowing here in Atlanta and I had my fur on. Thats a lovely feeling.

Rain? I will admit more than once when I looked outside and it was raining I junked my plans for going out enfemme. Moisture is Deidra's Kryptonite when it comes to makeup. If I sweat or get a bit wet from rain my full coverage makeup looks like hell.

Strappy shoes are bad in puddles of water too...oh gawd I hate that! Plus the fuss and muss of carrying a purse and umbrealla.

Vieja
01-23-2010, 12:08 PM
It seems like you have been getting more than your fair share of rain lately. Sad. But for me when it rains or snows I stay in the house. We have just had almost two inches in the last 24 hours. A gift from the California deluge. In El Paso it doesn't rain very often.

Vieja